Lucky

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His fingers drummed on the desk. He looked at the clock. 5pm. One more meeting, this one via teleconference, and he could head home. He wanted desperately to get home on time. He didn't know how capable the kid was. He wondered what they were doing. He imagined the house in its usual chaos, the twins running wild, mess everywhere. He shuddered. If this one quit he didn't know what he would do. And the company was just staring to recover. Chanyeol's mind swirled with turbulent thoughts of chaos, confusion and imagined crisis.

Sure, he had other people who could do things quite capably but the success of the company was due to Chanyeol's creativity. Advertising was a competitive business and he liked to have input into every project. And potential clients always liked to meet with the boss. Chanyeol's absence while he put his life back together hurt his company significantly. He absentmindedly turned the wedding ring still holding pride of place on his left hand. His mind wandered back to her again, smiling gently, her round belly growing every minute as their boys grew inside her. She would surprise him at the office, bringing lunch or coffee, or just popping in to show him the newest teddy or tiny pair of socks she bought.

Chanyeol rubbed his head, poured himself another cup of coffee, and headed into the conference room. If he could wrap this up he would be home by 8. He headed into the meeting and tried to push worried thoughts of what was happening at home out of his mind. Just once he would like to be able to give 100% to something. Whether it was work or home he always felt lacking, inadequate, like he wasn't giving enough. But he was just so tired.

It was his lucky day. He had secured a big project and was finished in time to get home. It was 7:45pm as he stood outside his door. Silence. Why was it so quiet? Should he be worried? He held his breath and turned the key in the lock. Chanyeol walked into unexpected serenity.

"Hi." Baekhyun, sitting at the dining table, looked up from his essay. "I hope you don't mind me studying? I figured it would be okay since the boys were asleep." Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol as he walked into the living area. "Ah, not at all, it's fine." Chanyeol eyed the room suspiciously. It was tidy. The dishes were done and a faint smell of something delicious lingered in the air. Baekhyun stood up from the table. "I didn't pack their school lunches because I wasn't sure what they were allowed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter