Golden

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun woke up more excited than he should have. It was early on Monday morning. Golden light streamed in the window illuminating his face and making his eyes squint. He sat and drank a mug of instant coffee and mentally timed and planned his day. Lectures from 10am to 2pm. That gave him an hour to study and get to the school. Plenty of time, even a buffer in case of emergencies, not all his days would work out like this though. He would have to skip out early here and there.

He opened his backpack and added his laptop, a spare shirt, and a mini soccer ball. He had a full size one but he couldn't fit it in the bag. He tossed in his notebook, folder, and a couple of pens and he was ready for the day. He didn't know what to expect, or how it would go, but all he could hope for was that he didn't have to go back to that damn restaurant. Quitting had been the highlight of his week.

He ploughed through the monotonous day and finally his last lecture was over. He decided to blow $5 on a cup of takeaway coffee, and wearing a soft rim of brown eyeliner and his hair blowing in the breeze as he walked, he felt almost as luxurious as those rich and pretty girls in his classes.

He made it to the school in ten minutes. He was early. It was good to have some time outside, to get his head straight, to mentally prepare himself for the huge afternoon ahead. He had spent the weekend so hype about the new job. Now that it was about to start he was suddenly filled with insecurities. What if one of them ran away from him? What if one got sick? What if they hated him and just cried for their Daddy? He pushed his insecurities aside. He told himself he knew how to handle all those situations, and he did, and anyway he couldn't be any worse that any of the other 11 nannies.

He found his way to the right classroom. He looked in the window and the children were still sitting on the carpet. Jaehyun looked up, and when he saw Baekhyun his little face lit up, and he gave a little wave. This quickly caught the attention of Taeyong, who looked up, and jumped up off the floor when he saw Baekhyun. Baekhyun laughed and signalled for him to sit back down but the little boy just stood oblivious, planted in the middle of the classroom, waving excitedly at their new nanny.

The bell blasted permission to leave and the boys ran out to Baekhyun. "Hi Mr Byun!" Jaehyun tugged one arm while Taeyong had the other. "Hey guys." He squatted down closer to them and leaned in. "Call me Baekhyun. At least when Daddy isn't around. It can be our secret ok?" He pressed a finger dramatically against his lips, and both boys giggled as they set off out the gate, all three with their schoobags on their backs.

The merry trio walked happily along in the bright sun. "We've never walked before! Everyone always drives us!" Taeyong chirped happily. They reached the end of the block and began to cut across the park. "Want to stop for a w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter