Home

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol sat behind his desk, sending emails, negotiating fees, making deals. His company had secured a big advertising contract and he wouldn't be able to relax until the contracts were signed. It would be the biggest cash influx the company had since he came back full time and it would give him some breathing space for a few months. The company had suffered so much while Chanyeol had been absent. He had to turn it around.

He looked at the clock on the wall. It was 4:30pm already. He picked up the phone and called his secretary. "Kai, what do I have booked after 6pm today?" "Nothing." Kai answered after checking the diary. "Ok. Block it out. I wouldn't mind getting home a bit early tonight."

He sat back in his chair. He had a renewed vigour after getting a decent sleep last night. It had really made a difference. He had been much more productive.

Baekhyun.

How had the kid managed to keep his boys in line and achieve so much? He wouldn't have been able to do it two days in a row. Today he would have slipped up. He would have lost his temper, made a mess, struggled at some point. And it was fine. He was still the best nanny so far.

By the time he finished up the contracts and proposals were ready to be signed and it was only 6:30pm. Kai had already left. Chanyeol packed up and left his office for home.

Baekhyun had stuck to yesterday's winning routine. He bathed the boys and then let them watch cartoons while he raided the fridge. Jaehyun begged for ramen so Baekhyun found vegetables and added them to the noodles while they cooked. He found some chicken and cut it into strips and fried it while the noodles cooked. They didn't question the food tonight. They were hungry and tired. They went back to their cartoons while Baekhyun tidied the kitchen. The plate of pasta from the night before was gone so he replaced it with a bowl of chicken and fresh ramen. The thought of Chanyeol eating his food made Baekhyun smile.

He already had a soft spot for his tall and good looking boss. Now that he knew he had lost his wife, raised his babies on his own, he saw him in a whole new light. Before he knew he had thought of him as a busy Dad who couldn't get his together. Now he knew that Chanyeol was someone who needed help. He needed someone in his life who would be there. Even just to do the little things like leave a plate of dinner in the fridge.

As he washed the sink ful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter