Sneaky

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The drive started out fun but became arduous. Jaehyun and Taeyong has eaten most of their snacks and smushed the rest into the car seat. Taeyong's iPad was flat so he decided that his only option for fun was to throw gummi bears at Jaehyun's head. Jaehyun was trying to watch cartoons but had begun to complain of car sickness. Chanyeol had a headache. There was still an hour to go.

"Why don't you stop here and take a break." Baekhyun said as they neared a parking bay. "I just want to get there." Chanyeol said, exasperation building, remembering every reason why he didn't do things like this with the boys. It was too hard. But when Baekhyun put his hand on Chanyeol's arm, and gave him a look that silently said so much, he remembered that things had changed. It wasn't his battle to fight alone anymore.

He pulled into the parking bay and Baekhyun jumped out and released the boys. He wanted out of the car as much as they did and he produced a frisbee from somewhere. He tossed it away from the direction of the road and they ran screaming in a race to be the one to get it first.

Chanyeol leaned back on the car. His ears were soothed by the quiet and his eyes were on Baekhyun. He had to laugh as he watched him run, endless energy pouring out of him, the air filled with the sound of his sons joy. The boys squealed with the excitement of freedom as Baekhyun chased them around the grass. He spotted something in the distance and called them over. Chanyeol watched him point in the direction of a field and the boys jumped up and down. As they walked off in that direction, one twin clinging to each of Baekhyun hands, Chanyeol couldn't believe how perfect the scene was. There was only one thing missing. Him.

He ran at a jog to catch up with them and took Jaehyun's little hand in his. He caught Baekhyun's gentle smile as they walked towards the fence. "Cows!" Taeyong's excitement was palpable. He stood on the bottom rung of the fence and leaned over to get a better view. "Quick Jaehyun! There's baby cows!" Chanyeol lifted Jaehyun onto the fence and his face lit up with delight. Baekhyun wondered if he would ever be able to take them to his family farm. The boys would love it. They were such city kids, obvious by their fascination with the cows, and they would love the constant noise and open space of his family home. But for the first time Baekhyun considered how his family would react. He imagined himself showing up home with, not just a boyfriend, but a whole ready made family.

He shook the thought out of his head. He didn't care. Farm life was over for him and if they wouldn't accept him being with Chanyeol then he just wouldn't go back. Love was love, as long as it was between two people who respected each other and were gentle with each other, then gender and age shouldn't matter. Baekhyun looked sideways at Chanyeol and scooted closer to him. As he leaned on the fence he felt a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter