Alone

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Oh my God!" Sehun cried out as he ran into the hospital ward and spotted his friend in the bed. "Baek. I'm so glad you're okay!" He ran into the room and pulled the boy into his arms. A police officer with a notebook was standing by the bed. "Sorry." Sehun nodded at the officer who resumed his questioning.

"So Mr Byun, you didn't see or hear anyone?" Baekhyun shook his head. "It was dark. I didn't see anyone." Sehun held his hand while two big tears rolled down his cheeks. He closed his eyes. He felt sick. He described his walk home from Chanyeol's, a walk he had made many times, his detour into the convenience store. He had been assaulted and left unconscious on the cold concrete road until a passerby discovered his limp body. His laptop was gone. They didn't take his wallet, just the money out of it, which wasn't much. The police fingerprinted his belongings but the officer said the odds of catching the criminal were slim.

Finally the police officer left. "I have to stay in here." Baekhyun told Sehun. "They need to observe me for concussion for at least 24 hours." He showed Sehun the back of his head where he had six stitches surrounded by dried and crusted blood. "I was so scared Sehun. And the worst part is I've lost my laptop now and there's no way I can afford another one." Sehun rubbed his back as Baekhyun's tears turned into quiet sobs. "I'll come past in the morning and bring you some stuff. Some clothes and stuff. Ok?" Sehun soothed as Baekhyun nodded. He was tired and dizzy and as he laid back on the hard hospital pillow he fell asleep immediately. He didn't even see Sehun leave.

Chanyeol carried his packed lunch into his office even though he felt like he didn't deserve it. Baekhyun played on his mind all night. I'll apologise. I'll explain. I'll make things go back to normal. Chanyeol thought as he inspected the contents of the lunch box and slipped a piece of chicken into his mouth. "What do you have today? Cookies?" Kai said with a laugh as he stood in the doorway. "What?" Chanyeol said as he looked up from the food. "Friday night. When you got wasted and spent all night going on about your pretty little nanny who bakes the sweetest cookies. Remember?" Kai said grinning.

He walked in close to Chanyeol's desk and looked in the lunchbox. "That looks great." Kai said. "I've had a lot of boyfriends and no one's ever made me a lunch that nice." Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "And how many of them were your employees Kai?" Kai laughed again. "And where in his job description does it specify packing you delicious healthy lunches?" Kai reached in and picked up the little note that said 'have a great

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter