Regret

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I'm sorry." Baekhyun sobbed into the phone. "I was out with some friends. I had no phone service. Please tell me everything's alright." He panted for breath as he made his way along the dusty dirt road back to the farm.

"Baek. Calm down. We're all fine now. It's been a rough few hours but Jaehyun's going to be ok." Chanyeol's words were calm but his tone was stressed. Baekhyun's guilt and shame weighed him down. He was sobered up but still tipsy and he wished he wasn't such a lightweight.

Baekhyun's sobs started up again as he willed his feet to keep moving. "I want to come home." He sniffed. "I miss you guys. If I hadn't come here none of this would have happened..." Chanyeol interrupted him. "Have you been drinking?" He asked and Baekhyun said yes. He hated himself right then and there, he had made a poor choice, and those he loved were suffering. If he hadn't gone out with the others he would have been at the farm, sober and sensible, he could have taken the call and been with them by now. But it was too late for that. Now he could only deal with it as best he could.

"How can I get home?" Baekhyun was almost hysterical. His emotions were magnified by the alcohol coursing through his body and Chanyeol tried his best to calm him down again. "Look. You can't do anything about it now. Just go to bed and come home in the morning. It's fine." Baekhyun sighed. "No. No it's not fine. Are you at home?" Chanyeol took a long time to answer. "I'm still at the hospital. Jaehyun needs to stay in. I don't know whether to take Taeyong home and leave Jaehyun alone or stay here."

By this time Baekhyun had made it to the house. "I'll get there somehow. Just wait for me. Ok?" The voice on the other end was uncharacteristically and uncomfortably small. "Ok Baek." Was all he said.

He didn't realise how bad he looked until he walked in the house and saw his mother's shocked reaction. "What happened?" She gasped out as she ran towards him. "Nothing. I'm just a useless idiot." He swept around the living area, scooping the few items he brought with him into his bag. "I need to get home." Tears stained his satin smooth cheeks, dirtying them with fear, his hands shaking with panicked emotion. "Baekhyun. Baekhyun!" She had to shout at him to make him stop. Baekhyun always prided himself on being mature, responsible and strong, and his mother hadn't yelled at him for as long as he could remember.

He stood, half drunk, still at last in the middle of the room. "Chanyeol and the boys need me. Now. They need me and I'm not there and I can't be because I let people get in my ing head and I came here thinking I needed space and I don't want space I just want him." Baekhyun felt his mother's arms envelope his body, surrounding it with calming warmth, immediately bringing him back from the edge. "Breathe, Baekhyun, just breathe." She soothed into his hair as she it. He finally calmed down enough to tell her the gist of what had transpired over the last few hours.

"They need me Mum." He said with finality. "Ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter