Sweet

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol had arrived home from work at 7pm on Friday and had arranged for Seulgi to meet him at 8pm. He rushed in to find the house a whirlwind of excitement. The smell of popcorn floated out of the kitchen and there were piles of blankets on the lounge room floor. "Daddy!" Jaehyun, dressed in his favorite Finding Nemo pyjamas, clung to Chanyeol's legs. "Baekhyun said we can have a movie night!" Chanyeol smiled and ruffled the little boys hair. Taeyong burst in from somewhere with his Finding Nemo pyjamas on as well. "Let me guess what you're watching." Chanyeol said as he freed his leg and headed for his room to get ready. "Finding Dory?" The boys jumped up and down with delight. Chanyeol kept meaning to take them to the movies when it came out but he had just run out of time. He had always let them down in the past but things were changing and his grasp on his life was stronger. He didn't want to let them down anymore.

Chanyeol showered and dressed in a fresh suit, black, with a white shirt and a dark grey tie. He inspected himself critically in the mirror and swapped out the grey for purple. It seemed more fun. He walked out to wait in the living area and was greeted with the sight of Baekhyun and the twins under piles of blankets on the couch. They had a huge bowl of popcorn and three big cups of apple juice complete with curly straws. A plate of cookies sat on the coffee table. They looked and smelled homemade. Chanyeol inhaled the aroma of sweet cookies and buttery popcorn and he wanted desperately to throw off his tie and shoes and crawl into the blankets with them. He didn't want to make small talk with business associates over cocktails. He wanted apple juice and Finding Dory and damnit he wanted one of those sweet smelling cookies more than anything.

But adult responsibilities meant doing things you didn't want to do. "I better go." Chanyeol said as he tore himself away from the comfortable and comforting scene. "I don't want to keep Seulgi waiting. I'll try to be home before midnight." The boys barely looked up from the opening credits of Finding Dory. "Bye." Baekhyun called out as Chanyeol left. Seulgi. Baekhyun rolled the name around in his mind. Of course he had a date. His smile turned Baekhyun to water. Women must be throwing themselves at him every day. Baekhyun, thrown into a sudden pit of misery, reached for the plate and took three cookies. As he stuffed one in his mouth, then the other, he considered the third. He got up from the couch and put it in a ziplock bag to save it for Chanyeol. He saw him staring at the plate. Baekhyun decided that if Chanyeol came home alone he could have the cookie. If that woman came home with him Baekhyun would eat it himself while he walked back to the dorms.

He returned to the couch, squashed himself in between the boys, and tried to put this woman out of his mind. With the mention of the name Seulgi images of a tall and beautiful woman filled his thoughts. He conjured mental pictures

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter