Soccer

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Friday. Finally. Baekhyun didn't know whether to be excited or nervous, joyful or apprehensive, or a combination. But one thing he did know was he still had an overwhelming, stumbling, blushing crush on his boss. His employer. Park Chanyeol.

It was also payday. Chanyeol had offered to pay him weekly and with his entire last cheque from the restaurant eaten up by rent he was desperate. He still wanted to buy the boys a kite. He also wanted to go to the nearest barbecue restaurant and eat whatever he wanted without worrying about the bill.

They day went quickly and since his last lecture finished at 2pm Baekhyun decided he had time to run home and shower. He redressed in a newer pair of black skinny jeans and added his black Converse and a plain white tshirt. White might have been a bad choice but he wanted to wear it. He quickly blowdried his hair and added eyeliner. Just a little. Just enough. When he was ready he headed out the door and, schoolbag on his back, walked in the direction of the school.

He beat Chanyeol there. He had half expected him to cancel, send an apologetic text, but a few minutes before the bell rang his tall and brooding boss was suddenly beside him. "Hey." He said, looking down at Baekhyun, who just smiled up at him with an imperceptible blush. Their silent conversation was interrupted by the intrusion of the bell and two excited little boys. "Daddy! And Baekhyun!" Taeyong exclaimed, tripping over his little feet, as he rushed towards the men with Jaehyun in tow. "I mean Mr Byun." Taeyong corrected himself as he clung to Baekhyun's arm. "Hi Daddy." Jaehyun smiled up at the tall man whose brooding turned to beaming in the presence of his sons.

They headed out of the school gate and Chanyeol turned towards his black SUV parked on the side of the road. Baekhyun shook his head. "No way! You wanted to see how I do things. No car today." Chanyeol thought for a second. "I can't just leave it here." "Yes you can! Come get it later!" Baekhyun smiled as he headed for the park with a twin attached to each arm.  Chanyeol shoved the keys back in his pocket and took off after them.

Their squeals of delight were intense. The twins were loose on the grass like uncaged birds. Baekhyun chased them with the mini soccer ball flying around their feet. Chanyeol wished he had changed his clothes. His suit and dress shoes weren't exactly conducive to a competitive soccer match. He stretched back on the grass, jacket off, sleeves rolled up. They were so alive out here in the sun and the wind. He watched Baekhyun chasing them, his energy as relentless a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter