Warm

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was cold in the hospital room. Cold and white and silent. Baekhyun had trouble sleeping. He couldn't lay on his back because his head hurt. He rolled onto his stomach and stretched out his legs and tried to will himself into slumber.

What was he going to do?

He was so happy he felt like he could just float out of the bed. His first kiss had been more than he ever could have imagined and he knew it was good because it left him wanting more. But how could they move forward? What were Chanyeol's intentions? Forget it ever happened? Start dating? Find a new nanny? That would break Baekhyun's heart.

He loved those little boys. They had squealed and shouted and climbed their way into his heart. If this all fell apart he would lose this job, he would lose them and they would lose him too. Could he put this family through another loss?

Would Chanyeol offer him something worth taking a risk for?

He honestly had no idea.

As his lids eventually grew heavy he soothed himself with the thought of being held tightly in Chanyeol's strong arms. He felt invincible in them, they were like armour, like he could reside within them and be safe from everything. The only thing he wasn't safe from was Chanyeol himself. It made him excited, giddy with anticipation, but nervous.

Chanyeol had brought his boys home from the hospital and tried to settle them down. Taeyong was still rambling on about the best ways to take down bullies in the schoolyard. "Daddy, can you make Baekhyun go to learn Hapkido?" Chanyeol shook his head as he coaxed them into the bathroom. "No Taeyong I can't do that." Chanyeol ran the tub full of bubbles. "Daddy you have to save him next time." Jaehyun said as he stared into Chanyeol's soul. Chanyeol looked away. He was right. Again. Jaehyun always knew just how to get to the core of what Chanyeol was feeling.

Once they were bathed and endless stories were read they finally settled. Chanyeol poured himself a cup of coffee. He probably wouldn't sleep much anyway. Finally alone, finally able to think, to process his feelings. What was he going to do. He couldn't just let Baekhyun come back to work like nothing had happened. He didn't want that anyway. He wanted to try to make it work. He wanted to make Baekhyun his.

Jaehyun had been right when he said Chanyeol wasn't sad anymore. He hadn't forgotten her. On the contrary, he still thought of her, just as much as ever. How could he not when every time he looked at his fierce little tiger Taeyong h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter