Fall

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the sun dipped below the tree line and the breeze grew cool it was time to go home. As Chanyeol turned back towards his car he watched Baekhyun wall off in the direction of his house, a twin attached to each arm, his mood turned wistful. They looked so happy. A real family. Anyone would think it was a dutiful and adoring hyung walking his little brothers home. He didn't want to leave them. But he turned and walked to the less attractive option of driving his car. He should have finished earlier, brought the car home, got changed into something casual. But regrets were useless. He let it go.

By the time he pulled up in the car park he could see them walking up to the building. They all looked so happy. Baekhyun had an instinct, a natural charm, an affinity for children. He understood them, his instincts responded in the right way, his gentle voice held their attention. Chanyeol just waited as he watched them walk towards him. Taeyong said something which make Baekhyun laugh and his eyes sparkled with mirth. He leaned closer and said something which in turn made both twins dissolve into giggles.

Something sparked in Chanyeol's mind. Something ignited, something long forgotten flared into life as he watched the beautiful boy walk towards him. He hadn't felt something like this in a long time. The tingles of the spark travelled down his spine and around into his stomach where an elusive flutter formed. The flutter of excitement. Of anticipation, of attraction, of desire. Chanyeol's face flushed. As he stared at Baekhyun's wide and bright smile, his deep dark eyes, his soft hair blowing in the breeze he allowed his mind to wander to a place he had shut off.

They arrived in front of him too quickly. Chanyeol had to recover. He cleared his throat nervously. "I beat you guys here!" He forced the sentence out as he tried to sound bright and chirpy. "Of course Daddy. You had the car!" Taeyong laughed and Chanyeol blushed. Outwitted by his five year old.  Roasted even. He cringed. He laughed. "Ok. You win!" He looked from Baekhyun to the boys. Their faces were pink and ruddy from the walk in the cooling wind. He led them inside the building, up the elevator, and finally into the warm confines of home.

"Baekhyun is in charge." Chanyeol announced and plopped his large body down into an armchair. The boys put on some cartoons and Chanyeol took off his shoes and socks and put his feet up on the coffee table. He watched the boys play quietly in front of the tv while he heard Baekhyun fussing around in the kitchen. He cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter