Panic

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The apartment seemed empty without him. His clothes filled the closet, his personal items were scattered in the bathroom, his presence was here but he wasn't. Chanyeol tried really had to push out of his mind the similarity. He had been loved before and left before. He was scared even though he wouldn't show it. He didn't know what to do.

When Baekhyun asked for space and time he granted it willingly. Now he wasn't so sure. It had been two nights and no phone call. Chanyeol's phone burned its presence into his skin as his fingers turned it over and over. But he put it down. He didn't call. He wanted space. Chanyeol wanted to do everything right. He couldn't lose him.

Let a wild thing go.

If it comes back to you it's yours.

If it doesn't it never was.

Jaehyun sulked. While the boys both loved Baekhyun he and Jaehyun had a special bond. It was the connection of two gentle and wise young souls that joined their hearts together. Jaehyun missed the young man's presence terribly and cried at bedtime on the second night. Chanyeol debated whether he could maybe call Baekhyun or FaceTime him and get him to sooth Jaehyun's shattered nerves as he laid in his bed. But Baekhyun wanted space. Chanyeol refrained. He tried to replicate the soothing tones of Baekhyun's stories but Jaehyun just poked out his bottom lip. He wanted Baekhyun and there was no substitute.

There was no substitute for Chanyeol either. His bed was cold and lonely. Nights had been transformed into a place of comfort and warmth with Baekhyun's presence. A place and time for quiet words of loving intention. Gentle kisses which became heated, soft touches which brought intensity, clumsy fumbles and heat on skin which chased Chanyeol's nightmares from his life. With Baekhyun's light gone the darkness swiftly returned and it was frightening how much Chanyeol missed Baekhyun's glow.

On the third day Chanyeol and both boys were tired. They were bored and restless. Chanyeol had tried all the things Baekhyun did to make the time fly by. But Chanyeol's colouring was just pencils and paper not a window into another world. Chanyeol's cookies weren't as sweet and his songs didn't carry the same tune. They weren't tired enough to enjoy cartoons. Chanyeol thought of taking them swimming but two five year olds swimming was a two person job. It sounded corny but he really felt like his other half was missing.

Before lunchtime Chanyeol had enough of the claustrophobia of the apartment. He dressed the boys in their outdoor coats. The weather had turned and sunny mornings were making way for the soft fall of orange leav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter