Late

convergence • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He'd lost another one. He really couldn't help it. His meeting had run late, by two hours, and when he arrived home at 11pm the twins were already asleep. "You're late!" The nanny was furious. She gathered her things. "I quit. They ran wild all night, they wouldn't eat their dinner, I had to wrestle them both into the bath, and I was supposed to finish two hours ago!" He tried to plead with her but she wouldn't have it. "This job is too much! Goodbye Mr Park." And she was gone.

Chanyeol sank onto the couch. What was he going to do now? He couldn't call his sister, she was busy with her own job, he would have to take them to the office tomorrow after school. Maybe his secretary would pick them up for him? Stress made his head pound and he got up and went to the kitchen. He opened a bottle of wine and downed a glass on an empty stomach. He knew he would feel like in the morning but he felt like anyway so it was whatever.

He poured another glass and mulled over his memories. Dark hair and dark eyes filled his mind. A sad emptiness that he thought would never go away. He still missed her. It was so fresh and raw it could have been yesterday. The day the twins were born was the day his heart broke. The caesarean surgery was an emergency and she just lost too much blood. Chanyeol had stood alone in the world with his twin boys, just hours old, and wondered how he would go on.

And every year, when they e year older, he was reminded of what was both the happiest and saddest day of his life. The day they came into the world was the day she left. Two candles ignited inside him, burning bright with all his love, and one snuffed out forever.

Somehow he did go on. His sister helped him for two years. But she needed her own life back. His company suffered without his attention and was brought to the edge of bankruptcy. When the twins started school he knew he had to go back to work full time. He had been through 11 nannies in 7 months.

He downed his second glass of wine, fought hard against his memories, and slipped into their room. They looked like sleeping angels in the dim light of night. They weren't identical. Taeyong, older by 4 minutes, was skinny as a little bird but as wild and fierce as a tiger cub, with big eyes that stared right into your soul. He was a mischief maker and couldn't sit still for even a minute. He was beautiful. Jaehyun, chubby cheeked and soft featured, was smart and funny and charismatic and easily led. He would do anything his brother wanted. He was messy and silly and perfect. Tears rolled down Chanyeol's cheeks as he looked from one to the other. He loved them so much. He knew they misbehaved for nannies because they didn't want one. They wanted a mother but he couldn't bring theirs back. He couldn't give his sons the one thing they needed the most.

He had dated a few women but even though he was tall and handsome and had a little money and his own company what woman wanted to take on a 33 year old single father of twin boys? He just didn't have the time to give a relationship an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter