Days Without

INFATUATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"I got a valid information about Tiffany. She left with her father, Dennis Hwang. They flew back to America, using private plane. This is why we couldn't easily track her down. It's San Fransisco. She went back home."
"Dennis Hwang? What? He's filthy rich. Tiffany is his daughter? Damn man! The daughter of Dennis Hwang worked at my office. How the hell I didn't notice this? Did she fake things?"
"Is she okay? I mean, why should she leave so sudden like that?"

 

A throwback memory when Sooyoung listened to a conversation between Yuri, Jessica and Jay that day. Three of them looked at her, as if she would like to say something about it, but Sooyoung left. She just left like that, without a word. Meanwhile, Yuri tried to contact Tiffany based on the data she received about Dennis Hwang, but any kind of communication never go through. Tiffany never replied. In the end, she decided to pay her respect as she believe she probably would like to forget everything that happened here, in Seoul. There's nothing she could do but to feel sad of losing a good friend.

4 months passed after the day Yuri brought the news to her. Sooyoung decided to keep silent until now. Everything restarted from zero. She wake up at 9 am every morning, come late at office, do the task without Tiffany and no Jessica at all. Everything back as it used to do. Nothing changed much on Sooyoung. She's still that woman who rarely open up herself to people around her. Sooyoung still dress the same, do the same thing, have her coffee every morning. Nothing changes. Sooyoung entered the office around 10.30 am that morning and found somebody sat on the empty desk beside her. She walked closer and sat on her seat. The girl beside her was stunned, didn't know what to say. Sooyoung glanced at her as the girl stared at her for a long time since she came.

"Hello. Who are you?"
"I-I'm... I'm Sunny, Sooyoung sunbaenim."
"Sunny?" Sooyoung confused. "Jay told me there will be a new junior staff here, but her name... Ehmmm... Let me remember. Her name should be Lee Soon-kyu?"
"That's my name... I mean, just call me Sunny."
"Why, Soonkyu?"
"Oh my God. You really are scary as everyone told me." She closed immediately. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it."
"Nice hair, by the way. How does it feel having 2 colours at the same time? You're a bold person, aren't you, Soonkyu?" She looked at Sunny's unique hair. It's reddish on the right side, and light brown on the other side, making her look stand out.
"Thank you, Sooyoung-ssi. You gave me a compliment on my first day. It's a good sign." She grinned and smiled widely. Her smile got Sooyoung's attention.
"You have a smilling eyes."
"Oh? Yeah... I guess."
"The girl before you, who sit there, has the same smilling eyes."
"Tiffany Hwang?"
"How could you know her?" Sooyoung was surprised. It's been quite a long time since she heard that name.
"I actually don't know her but I found this inside the drawer. People told me maybe I could just throw it away but I think maybe you can keep it. There's you on that photo." She handed over the photo frame. "I can see her having the same smilling eyes. She's beautiful. Why did she leave?"
"Prepare yourself. Next 30 minutes, you need to follow me. We have a mission today." Sooyoung turned her face back to her laptop, didn't reply to her question. She's cold, as usual. Sunny seemed to understand her character a lot, thanks to everyone at the office, so she played safe and followed her order instead.



Sooyoung kept on writing the report on her laptop, but the question, the same question she thought about since the day she left, keep lingering to his mind.
'Why did she leave?'

 

---------

 

8 pm on Friday night, Sooyoung went to this local restaurant. Her favorite restaurant. Of course, alone. The night began to drizzle and she fasten up her speed to reach the place as she craved to eat there. Half running, she finally arrived at the restaurant, exactly the same time as a young woman beside her. She ran while covering her head from the rain. Sooyoung stared at her while the woman patted her slightly wet shirt and her hair. Realizing somebody stared at her, the woman lifted her chin up and looked back.

"Sooyoung?"
"Sica."

They both stared at each other. It's been quite a long time since the last time they met. Sooyoung pushed everything away, including Jessica so the woman didn't bother to make a contact to her, wishing everything would be okay someday.

"Welcome! I'm so sorry to inform you but we only have one spot left. Maybe you want to eat together?"
"Oh... No. It's okay. We didn't come together. I will just leave." Jessica replied quickly.
"No. It's okay. We will take the spot." She looked at Jessica. "Let's eat together, Sica. You're soaking wet just for the sake eating here. You're not coming back." She smiled warmly at Jessica, making the Korean-American widen her eyes, feeling surprised to receive that smile. It's been a long time, indeed.

They entered the room and ordered several menus to satisfy their hunger. Both of them looked so hungry that all the food ordered was eaten no more than 20 minutes. Jessica sippe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter