I Got You

INFATUATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung was typing her report on her laptop when her girlfriend phoned her that afternoon. She really needed her alone time as she had to deal with lots of pending work but it was Jessica. She had to pick it up. She looked up at her phone, was sliding the screen to receive the call.

"Hi baby... What is up?"
"I'm very upset with my marketing team. They did all the stuffs so much slower than I ordered them to. The new campaign is about to release and they're like slacking off while being paid by my company? Can you believe it?"
"Whoa. Hold on, babe..."
"This pissed me off."
"Take it easy. You told me about this campaign several times. I know you're so excited about it and people are working hard too. Don't discredit them like that."
"Why do you say it like I'm the one who's overreacting here?"
"Lord... I didn't mean that. What I meant is, as a leader, you have to calm down a bit."
"You don't understand..."
"I don't. I never handle a company like what you do."
"No no no. It wont be a conversation about you, thinking about me being too obsessed with my job. Not again."
"But you are... And it's okay. Just loosen up a little." Sooyoung was so tired. "I work so hard too here. Like you."
"You nailed it because you're smart and you bored. While I was working very hard."
"Whoa... Why do you talk negatively about  me right now? What did I do?"
"I'm sorry, baby. I'm just so tired."
"I understood."
"Can you meet me at my apartment at 7pm?"
"I'm afraid I can't. I'll take overtime."
"Again?"
"I'm sorry... You can see I'm so busy too. Not because I'm bored, but I love my job too." Silent between two. "What about I will go home to your place? So I could stay with you. Will you want it?"
"For sure I want it... I need you... I'm sorry, baby..." Jessica sadly replied that shortly. "I didn't mean to discredit your work. I just... got so many pressure here. And I need somebody who will understand me. That's why I'm calling."
"It's almost 6pm already. Will you just take a rest after this, okay? I think you need it."
"Maybe you're right. I have to. But make sure you come home as soon as possible."
"I will, my love."
"I'll see you soon, Sooyoungie."
"Take care, love."

They finally ended up the phone. Jessica felt a little unhappy, but couldn't resist all the things that Sooyoung said was right. She needed to slow down a little bit cause having enough rest is important to have during busy days like this. She grabbed a cup of coffee at the pantry when she met Yuri stood up. She didn't greet Jessica at all but looked for her way to an elevator instead while checking on her watch.

"Kwon Yuri! Where you going?"
"I just finished a meeting with the PR team."
"I knew it. But that's not my question."
"Oh. Well, I want to go upstairs now. I'm in a rush." She smiled. Jessica was confused with the answer.
"What the hell will you do there?"
"Why are you so loud? You wanna come?" Yuri offer her hand. With full of curiousity, Jessica decided to follow her. Yuri pressed the elevator's button and they're going to the top of the top floor on that building. Right after the elevator stopped, Yuri pulled Jessica's hand and led her to a small stairs to reach the exit door on the top. Jessica was surprised but still followed her.

"We're catching the sunset, Sica..."
Jessica really hates to run and Yuri just made her too. She was about to complain her when her eyes distracted by the beauty of sunset in front of her eyes. They were stood watching for sunset from top of 58th floor on that building. As the sun now started to fall asleep, everything was thinned red. To Jessica, it was nothing but a comfort that she crave for a long time she feel right now. She moved to the edge and suddenly screamed her lungs out.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! IT !!!"
"Yah? What are you doing?"
"I'm releasing my anger. And the stress. It's been a long I didn't do this."
"Okay keep going."

Jessica felt so relieved after doing it. That was exactly what she wanted to do. It was even better to see a beautiful sunset too. She turned her face to Yuri who wiped the tears away from her face. Jessica was surprised to see that. She moved closer to her.

"Wh... What happened?"
"Today is the death anniversary of my only brother. We used to watch sunset together, before we became adults and busy with our stuffs." Yuri replied without looking at Jessica but straight sharply. "He died in an overdose. We p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter