Chapter 9

I’m not over you

 

Nana looked up from her phone. She was in the middle of exchanging texts with Donghae. Donghae really should be working Nana thought to herself. She watched as her model colleagues went in and out of the CEO’s office. Just what were they talking about? She shifted her gaze back to her phone and watched as Donghae’s texts piled up. She glanced over at Donghae and frowned at him. She looked back down at her phone and texted him back: Do your work. And with that she shut off her phone. Just for the time being. She knew Donghae might get a little bit mad at her later, but she was getting more nervous with every text he sent her.

“Nana Lee?” Nana looked up when she heard her name. She saw Ryeowook, the CEO at his door. Had he called her? His gaze told her that he had.

Nana stood up and walked over to him. She took his outstretched hand and shook it. His handshake was firm. How professional. They entered his office together. Donghae watched as Ryeowook and Nana walked into Ryeowook’s office. At this moment he wished he had a camera installed inside that room so that he could watch them. He wasn’t even sure why he was feeling so antsy now. Was he scared that Ryeowook would steal his woman away?

Ryeowook and Nana sat down across from each other. “Nana Lee. You were born in Korea?”

Nana nodded. At least that’s what Donghae told her. She didn’t even remember.

So was Yoona. But so were many other people. That wasn’t enough to prove that she was Yoona. “Did you go to school in Korea? Can you tell me about your schooling?”  

At that question, Nana looked like she didn't know what to say. And she really did not. She didn't know about her schooling. Did she even go to school in Korea? Donghae had never told her. Why? She looked at Ryeowook. And why did this person want to know? Did he know something she did not? There was no way. He didn't even know who she was. She felt embarrassed. “I don't know. I'm not really sure.” Was he going to ask why? She hoped he wouldn't.

“Why?” Ryeowook asked her. Just the question she didn't want to hear. This was strange. Ryeowook was slowly putting the pieces together. Had something caused her to lose her memory? The memory of him? This was a possibility, but that only happened in Korean dramas right? Was his life a replica of a Korean drama?

Nana winced at his question and shook her head. “I don't know.” She looked up at Ryeowook. “I don't even know why this is important.”

Ryeowook was taken aback by her sudden change in tone. She was avoiding contact with him and her tone had just been so cold. Nana stood up and walked to the door. “Whatever.” And with that she walked out of the room.

Ryeowook watched her walk out. Had he just triggered something inside of her?

Donghae looked up when he heard the door of the room Nana had been in open. She looked annoyed. Was that a good sign?

“How'd it go?” Donghae asked Nana.

Nana gave him the meanest look he'd ever seen. Okay… Donghae thought to himself.

“Can we talk? At home? Later?” Nana asked Donghae before she left the office.

Donghae nodded and watched as Nana stomped out of the room.