Chapter 8

I’m not over you

What? Girlfriend? Ryeowook looked at Yoona and back at Donghae. Was this some joke? Cause it was not funny.

By the look on Ryeowook’s face Donghae could tell that Ryeowook was shocked. He remained silent. He wanted Ryeowook to say something first. He was curious what Ryeowook was thinking.

“Cool.” Ryeowook made eye contact with Yoona and held out his hand to shake. Nana took his hand and shook it. She smiled, her dimples showing. The dimples Ryeowook had loved so much. He was sure that this was Yoona. He didn’t know what sick game she was playing, but he would play along, if that was how it was going to be. Game on.

“So how long have you two been together?” Ryeowook asked the couple as the three walked the short distance to Seoul Style.

“Seven years, right?” Donghae held tightly onto Nana’s hand. Nana nodded. At least that was what she remembered.

Seven years… That was when I lost Yoona. Ryeowook stared at their swaying hands. He couldn’t help but feel a burning hate inside of his heart at the moment. He really wanted to grab their hands and rip them apart!

“How’d you two meet?” Ryeowook questioned. He wasn’t trying to interrogate, but he really wanted to know. He directed this question at Nana. Donghae was doing an awful lot of talking.

“I don’t really remember…” Nana looked over at Donghae. Donghae nodded, “We met in university.”

Oh really? Then how come I never heard of you? Ryeowook was so suspicious. He’d met Yoona in university too and they’d ended up being a couple. He didn’t know how it was possible that Yoona had also met this other guy in university, was about to get married to him, and now was with this other guy. This other guy, who he’d thought of as a friend earlier. It was just not coming together. How come Yoona didn’t remember how they’d met? Something was suspicious.

A bunch of thoughts filled his head. Had Yoona been abducted and was being forced to act this way? Or was Yoona in debt to this man? These seemed kind of crazy, but Ryeowook’s mind was going wild now. Probably too many kdramas for him.. But anything was possible!

“So,” Donghae decided to change the topic. He could tell that Ryeowook might be jealous, but he didn’t really care to hurt Ryeowook. Nana was his woman now anyways. “What’s the agenda today? How come the models are in today?”

“Oh, I wanted to meet with them and get to know them a little. I had this new idea in mind of a new concept. Something kind of personal coming from the models. Like, what their life is like behind that smile they wear in their pictures.” Ryeowook explained. They’d arrived at Seoul Style.

Inside Seoul Style, it was crowded. Almost all of the models had arrived already. Ryeowook smiled and greeted each of them as he made his way to his office. When he opened his office door, he made his way over to his desk. He hung his coat on his coat rack and jumped back when he saw Jessica sitting in his seat. “Oh my-”

Jessica smiled and waved. “Hello.” She tapped her fingers on his desk. “I'm surprised I arrived earlier than you.” In highschool, Ryeowook was always known for being the type of person who was always punctual. She knew how much he disliked being late.

Ryeowook crossed his arms. “Well people change.” He pointed towards the door. “I'll call you in later.”

Jessica took this as her cue to leave so she left his office. When she was outside she nearly bumped into Donghae. “Oops!” Donghae caught Jessica and tipped her. It was all just a coincidence. It was not a coincidence that Yoona was watching. It was also not just a coincidence that Ryeowook also saw what had happened. A smile crept onto his face as an idea popped into his head.

Jessica stared up at Donghae as he held onto her. Who was this handsome person? Jessica didn't even realize that her whole face had turned red. Before Jessica could enjoy another second of this eye candy, Donghae swung her back up and onto her feet. “Are you alright?”

Jessica nodded and stood in place. Donghae went to his desk and sat down.

All of the models were standing off to one side.

Ryeowook and Taeyeon came to start the interviewing. “Sooyoung?”

Ryeowook breezed through the first few interviews. He was saving Yoona for last. It wasn't that he didn't care about the other models, but he wanted to get to Yoona sooner.

Finally, Ryeowook was up to his last one. He dismissed Jenni and went out to call Yoona. “Nana.”