Chapter 11

I’m not over you

 

Ryeowook climbed the stairs of Seoul Style. Who was this person that Donghae wanted him to meet? He breathed out a sigh that he wasn’t even aware he’d been holding in. He twisted the knob.

Jessica returned to the place where Ryeowook and Donghae had been sitting. She only saw Donghae sitting there. Where had Ryeowook gone? Jessica sighed and walked over. She sat down across from Donghae. She noticed that Donghae looked a little bit antsy. “Are you alright?” Jessica placed down her cup of hot coffee onto the table separating them.

Donghae looked up. He hadn’t even realized that she hadn’t left. He nodded. Honestly no. He didn’t know if he’d just done the right thing by sending Ryeowook to his girlfriend. It’d all be over once Nana realized that Ryeowook was the one for her. He felt like this was the right thing to do. Even though he’d felt ambitious to keep Nana to himself, he had a sense of guilt lurking inside of him. He should return what was not his.

Jessica smiled awkwardly. She didn’t even know who he was. So she didn’t know what else to say. “Okay…” She took a sip of her coffee.

“Can I tell you something?” Donghae met eye contact with Jessica. He felt like she was a good person to tell even though he technically did not even know her.

Jessica nodded. “Sure.”

Donghae rubbed the back of his neck. “You know Ryeowook well, right?”

Jessica nodded. “Since college.”

Donghae nodded. “So you probably know about how he lost his lover seven years ago.”

Again Jessica nodded.

Donghae continued, “Well, seven years ago, I found my lover. I found a woman lying on the ground by my house. She looked like she’d been hit by a car. I took her in and nursed her back to health. She’d lost her memory though. So I’d given her a new identity and a new life.” Donghae looked at Jessica to see what her reaction was. She seemed to be processing what he was saying.

“I never told her how we’d really met or about how I’d found her nearly dead. I felt that it wasn’t necessary. But now she seems to want to know about her past. I honestly don’t know much about her past, but there is one thing I do know.” Donghae was looking down at his hands again. He didn’t want to see her reaction when he told her what an imposter he was.

Jessica remained silent. She was waiting for him to reveal what it was.

Donghae looked up and made eye contact with Jessica. “I stole the woman Ryeowook was going to get married to seven years ago. And I only figured this out after seven years with her.”

Ryeowook opened the door. The room was dark. And empty. He the light. There was nobody there. What kind of sick trick was Donghae playing on him? Did Donghae just try to get him to leave? Wait, Jessica was still there. Ryeowook turned around and headed towards the door. He closed the light and locked the door. Why did he even believe Donghae? Nobody that didn’t work here could not get in. Was Donghae trying to get him to meet with someone who worked there? Taeyeon? Ryeowook headed down the corridor and headed down the stairs. He opened the door at the end of the stairs and nearly bumped into Yoona. Ryeowook was startled. Nana was also startled.

“What are you doing here?” Ryeowook asked Nana.

Nana blinked. “I came here because Donghae told me that the answers to my questions were here.” She stared back at Ryeowook. She didn’t really know what Donghae had meant. She was confused herself.

Ryeowook thought back to what Donghae had told him. Was Nana the person Donghae wanted him to meet?