Chapter 20

I’m not over you

 

 

“Okay, we just have to wait for her to come in now!” Donghae covered his mouth to keep from laughing out loud. Ryeowook was hiding inside Taeyeon’s coat closet. When Taeyeon went to hang up her coat, she’d get one heck of a surprise!

Jessica, Yoona, and Donghae were sitting downstairs in the cafe waiting.

The front door of the agency clicked and popped open. Wow, right on time! Ryeowook heard footsteps approaching the door of Taeyeon’s office. He held his breath.

Downstairs in the cafe, Donghae, Jessica, and Yoona all sat together waiting. Weird, Taeyeon was usually pretty early. Donghae peered outside the cafe and saw two people waiting for the elevator. Not Taeyeon… “Hey, what the heck are they doing going up?” Donghae stood up, “Ryeowook is going to jump out on the wrong person!”

Jessica and Yoona both stood up as well. “Oh my gosh! Isn’t that Tiffany and Siwon?” Jessica laughed.

“We better tell Ryeowook!” Yoona pulled out her phone and tried calling him. But he wasn’t picking up… “We better go up too.”

“They just got into the elevator.” Donghae headed towards the exit of the cafe. Jessica and Yoona followed.

“I’m going to run up.” Donghae decided. “Maybe I can get up before they do.”

“Are you sure?” Jessica asked. It was only 6 flights, but…

“Yup.” Donghae headed towards the stairs.

Jessica and Yoona stood by the elevator waiting for it to come back down. They watched as the elevator went up. It was at the fourth floor now. Would Donghae make it up before they did?

Ryeowook shuffled inside the closet, waiting for Taeyeon to come into the office. He heard more shuffling outside. Weird. He stepped out of the closet and headed towards the door. He opened it up a little bit and peeked outside. To his surprise, he saw Siwon and Tiffany. Kissing?! He burst open his office door and nearly scared the pee out of them.

“Oh my god!!!!” Tiffany yelled. “What the heck are you doing back already??”

Siwon also had a panicked expression on his face.

Ryeowook suddenly burst out laughing. Their reactions were priceless. “I should be asking you guys something like that. What are you guys doing here so early?” He snickered. I mean what ARE you guys doing?

Donghae burst through the door. He saw Siwon and Tiffany huddled against each other. And Ryeowook… laughing. Wait, what was going on?

Tiffany and Siwon turned around in horror and saw Donghae. What the heck were they all doing here so freaking early?

Shortly after, the elevator doors opened and Yoona and Jessica stepped out. It was a full house.

“We all knew you two would get together sooner or later.” Ryeowook sat across from Tiffany and Siwon. “And I totally support you two. Just don’t do those kinds of things in my office, please.”

“Yes, we won’t…” Siwon replied. He held onto Tiffany’s hand tightly.

Jessica and Donghae sat side-by-side. Yoona noticed that Jessica’s hand was holding Donghae’s hand in Donghae’s lap. Just something she noticed… She looked away at Ryeowook. She inched closer to Ryeowook.

Ryeowook noticed and glanced at her. He exchanged a smile with her.

“So can I ask?” Tiffany placed her hand on her chin as she observed the two other couples in the room. “Ryeowook and Yoona?” She lowered her eyes at them. Ryeowook nodded a little. Tiffany nodded back. “And you two.” She turned her attention at Donghae and Jessica.

“Yes.” Donghae replied, “Me and Jessica are together now.”

“Well isn’t that perfect?” Tiffany smiled. She glanced around. “Do you think Taeyeon is with anyone?”

Ryeowook shrugged. He hadn’t seen her in quite a while. He was more concentrated on seeing how she was doing before he had to worry about how her boyfriend might be doing.

“I wonder.” Donghae tapped his chin.

“I actually saw her before. With someone. She got out of a guy’s car. I think they were close because she kind of, you know…” Yoona’s voice trailed off.

“Kissed.” Jessica finished Yoona’s abandoned utterance. “We saw them. Which means Taeyeon is probably already in the building. Just kind of weird that she isn’t up yet.”

“Maybe they’re in the cafe?” Siwon suggested.

“Let’s go check.” Ryeowook got up from his seat.

Ryeowook entered the company’s cafe, followed by Yoona, Jessica, Donghae, Siwon, and Tiffany. Surely enough Taeyeon was sitting there with a guy.

Taeyeon looked up at the entrance. She smiled a little bit and waved at them. The group approached their table.

“Hey! Ryeowook!” Taeyeon stood up and gave him a hug. “You’re back!”

Ryeowook hugged Taeyeon back and stared at the man Taeyeon had been sitting with. He looked pretty nice. Ryeowook scanned his choice of clothing: a gray cashmere sweater, black slacks, and black Derby shoes. Who was this man? After they broke from the hug, Taeyeon introduced the man. “This is Park Leeteuk, my fiance.”

“WHAT? YOU”RE ENGAGED?” Ryeowook’s voice got a little louder that he wanted.

Taeyeon nodded and blushed.

“Congratulations!” Ryeowook shook Leeteuk’s hand. He couldn’t remember when Taeyeon had grown so much. Ryeowook shook Leeteuk’s hand, “Congratulations.”

Leeteuk smiled back and shook Ryeowook’s hand.

“So, when is it going to be?” Tiffany asked from behind.

“In two weeks.” Taeyeon replied, “The invitations just got sent out yesterday.”

“Ohhhh, so we ruined your surprise?” Tiffany tilted her head. Siwon put his arm around her and whispered something into her ear, which made her giggle.

“Oh my…” Ryeowook glanced over at Yoona and exchanged a smile with her.

Taeyeon smiled, “A little bit.” She glanced over at Ryeowook and Yoona. She then glanced at Ryeowook and smiled. He was finally back with his soulmate. “And I expect to be going to more weddings soon.” She glanced between the different couples- Ryeowook and Yoona, Donghae and Jessica, and Siwon and Tiffany.

Everyone exchanged glances, thinking about how far they’d come. They’d all at one point thought that Ryeowook was unapproachable but who knew that they’d all be close like this now?

Ryeowook couldn’t stop staring at Yoona. He’d been waiting for so long for her and he was just very grateful that they were together now. He would never stop loving her. Not now. Not until forever.