Chapter 4

I’m not over you

 

The flight felt like an eternity. And it was. Sitting right next to Donghae Ryeowook did not know what to talk about. It just felt weird to have met Donghae earlier than when he was supposed to meet him. He felt that Donghae would be seeing a different side to him, one that he preferred to not show while at work.

Donghae didn’t know what to talk about with Ryeowook. He didn’t know how professional their relationship was. He was afraid he might say something that would be weird.

“So has Seoul Style ever had any interns?” Donghae asked while shifting his gaze to look at Ryeowook. They’d been seated and the plane was preparing to take off.

Ryeowook did not reply. That’s because his mind was elsewhere. He kept on replaying the site of Yoona walking down the runway in his head. He could not believe that his was where he was seeing her after seven long years. And she’d changed her name? She didn’t even acknowledge him. Was she pretending not to know him? Ryeowook didn’t know what he’d done to make Yoona turn her back on him. He was feeling the pain hit. In his heart. He’d suppressed these feelings for so long but everything was rushing back to him. Before he knew it, he passed out.

Donghae noticed that Ryeowook suddenly fainted. What the heck? “Ryeowook?” Donghae nudged him. He’d been fine just a moment ago. What the heck was happening? “Umm, excuse me?!” Donghae stood up and gestures frantically at a flight attendant. “This guy next to me has passed out!” Was Ryeowook afraid of heights?

Three flight attendants rushed over. “What happened?”

“I don’t know. We got onto the plane and he passed out.” Donghae explained. He didn’t know if he should mention that he’d asked him a question. He felt that it was irreverent. I don’t think that made him faint!

“Okay. Thank you.” The flight attendants rushed to get the plane’s doctor. The next few minutes seemed chaotic.

Ryeowook slowly woke up. He was still on the plane. What had happened? Had he been knocked out? He looked around and saw Donghae sitting next to him. He was reading something on his phone. Looked like he was reading a text.

Donghae shifted his gaze over to Ryeowook and noticed that he was awake. “You’re awake! Are you alright?”

Ryeowook nodded.

“You passed out when we got onto the plane. Do you get airsick?”

“Usually not.” Ryeowook rubbed his temples. “I must be stressed out.”

“Would you like to watch a movie? Maybe that will reload you.” Donghae suggested. He pressed some buttons on the tv in front of them. “Comedy? Sci-fi? Romance? What are you into?”

“Comedy.” Ryeowook replied very quickly. He didn’t want to watch romance. Especially not on a broken heart.

“Okay.” Donghae was quick to select a movie. They sat back to watch the movie. A flight attendant came around to check on Ryeowook. “Can we get some snacks?” Donghae asked the flight attendant.

“Of course. One moment please.”

They arrived in Korea. After collecting their luggage Donghae smiled at Ryeowook and waved, “So, I guess I’ll see you in the company.”

“Yes.” Ryeowook nodded and headed off. He did not notice Donghae exit the airport and meet up with Yoona.

“Nana honey!” Donghae hugged Nana. “You looked amazing on stage.” He snuggled into her.

Nana giggled, “Donghae, you are just so cute.” She parted from their embrace and looked into his eyes, “I can’t believe that my agency required me to sit with the other models. I hardly knew anyone.” Nana was a new model. She had just joined this modeling agency a month ago. This upcoming fashion show would be her first. For the past seven years (which was how back she could remember), she’d been doing small jobs and following Donghae around. She was told that she’d gotten into a car accident. Who knew what her past was like. All she knew was that Donghae was her present and future.

“I wanted to sit with you too.” Donghae smiled at how sweet Nana was. “I was sitting with the CEO of Seoul Style. “He’s pretty cool.”

“CEO? What was his name again?” Nana thought back to the fashion show and remembered that guy who’d just been staring at her throughout much of the show. It was a little weird but she got a feeling that he knew something about her that even she didn’t know.

“Kim Ryeowook.” Donghae reached for their suitcases and gestured towards a taxi. “Shall we get going?”

Nana nodded. “Let’s go.” And like that, the topic of Ryeowook was dropped. They headed towards the taxi and placed their things into the back of the taxi. Donghae then opened a door for Yoona and they both got in.

Ryeowook arrived at Seoul Style. The building was empty. Well of course it was. It was already very late. The employees had gotten off work already.

Ryeowook carries a briefcase into his office and sat down in his large arm chair. He placed his briefcase down and took out a stack of files. The files contained information about the models. He sifted through the papers and pulled out Lee Nana’s file. He looked thoroughly through the document. All true information was false. Her name was not Lee Nana, but Im Yoona. Her birthday was not August 17, but May 30. Her blood type was not O, but A. He closed his eyes. He didn’t even want to look at the rest of this false report. What the heck was she doing forging another identity? And better yet, she hadn’t even said anything to him. Ryeowook felt that she had wanted to say something when they’d made that brief eye contact. She seemed like a different person. But it couldn’t be.

Ryeowook closed his briefcase and stood up. He left his office and left the building. He was getting more and more confused by the minute. He just didn’t want to think about work anymore. He’d go home and call it quits for the day. After all, tomorrow would be another day.