Chapter 18

I’m not over you

 

Three weeks later, Ryeowook was being discharged from the hospital. His leg was still in a brace, but he could walk with crutches.

Yoona was so relieved that Ryeowook was okay. She didn’t know what she’d do if he wasn’t. She held onto his arm as they walked out of the hospital.

“Haul a taxi?” Ryeowook asked Yoona.

Yoona smiled at him. “Nope, I’m driving.”

Ryeowook squinted his eyes at her. “You know how to drive? Since when?”

Yoona scoffed, “It’s been seven years. I know how to drive now.”

Seven years. It’d just been so long. Ryeowook looked back at Yoona. She was still as beautiful as ever. Ryeowook walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her. He held her close to him. He never wanted to let go of her again. It’d been too painful.

Yoona put her arms around him and hugged him back. She ran her fingers through his soft hair. She pressed her face against his. Even though their relationship had gone through so much, Yoona found herself remembering everything they’d been through together. She found herself still in love with him. How would she ever forget such a powerful relationship they’d had?

“Ryeowook?” Yoona liked how his name sounded when she said it. “Do you want to go soon?”

Ryeowook didn’t respond. He really didn’t want to let go of her ever again. He parted from their embrace and looked at her face. Her innocent eyes peered back at his. His eyes drifted down to her lips and before he could hold back, he kissed her. It’d been a while.

When they broke away from each other they just stared at each other. So much time had been lost. How would they ever make up for that?

“Let’s go on a trip.” Ryeowook decided. He wanted to bring her to their original honeymoon location.

“Trip?” a smile spread across Yoona’s face. “What kind of trip?”

Ryeowook smiled mischievously, “You know. Trust me.”

“Oppa? I want to go to the zoo.” Yoona said as they drove out of the hospital zone.

Ryeowook looked over at Yoona as she drove. She was aware that he wasn’t 100% better, right?” But if she really did want to go...

“Sure, if you want to.” Ryeowook agreed.

“Yes!” Yoona squealed excitedly as she merged onto a highway.

Donghae sat across from Jessica as they grabbed a quick bite at a diner at Seoul Grand Park. Jessica had wanted to go to the zoo today. Donghae and Jessica had gotten together in the past three weeks. Donghae still felt something for Yoona but he also felt something for Jessica.

“Open wide, oppa.” Jessica held a potato wedge out to Donghae. Donghae opened his mouth and ate the potato wedge. Since Ryeowook had been in the hospital for the past three weeks, business at the fashion institute had been slower, but still running under Taeyeon’s management. She’d been in charge while Ryeowook was away. This included running the fashion show on her own. Ryeowook could not be more proud of her.

The past three weeks had been pretty slow without Ryeowook in the office. Even Donghae had to admit that he kind of missed Ryeowook himself.

Jessica could see that Donghae’s soul was not with her at the moment. He seemed to be in one of his many dazes. “Donghae.” Jessica held onto Donghae’s hand and gazed into his eyes. Donghae looked back at Jessica. He saw that she really cared for him…

“Let’s sit here.”

Jessica looked up and saw Ryeowook and Yoona sitting down at a table not too far away. Wow. What a coincidence. Jessica would usually jump up and go over to her friend to say hi, but recently she just felt different. Maybe it was because Ryeowook had gotten what he’d wanted for so many years, to end up with his one true love and this left poor Donghae all alone. Luckily she’d been there to mend Donghae’s broken pieces.

Jessica caught eye contact with Yoona. They locked eyes for a split second and both knew that it was probably not a good idea. Yoona’s eyes drifted over to Donghae. She wondered how he was doing. It’d been three weeks since they’d ended a seven year relationship. It couldn’t be more awkward.

Jessica looked at the back of Ryeowook’s head. She hoped he was doing well. She hoped that he was happy. Should she say something?