Chapter 5

I’m not over you

“Good morning.” Ryeowook flinched slightly when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He was in the company’s cafe sitting and reading notes about yesterday’s fashion walk-through from his ipad. He looked up and saw Donghae. Donghae looked different. He was dressed so formal compared to the last time he’d seen him. It was his first day of work after all.

“Morning.” Ryeowook nodded in his direction and resumed reading from his ipad.

“Loosen up!” Donghae smacked Ryeowook on the shoulder. He didn’t mean to play the role of goofy co-worker, but Ryeowook just seemed too serious at times. From what Donghae had seen of Ryeowook, he knew that Ryeowook had this side to him that seemed fragile. He wondered what kind of past Ryeowook had. He was very curious.

Ryeowook looked up at Donghae again and gave a small smile. “Wish I could.” He held up his ipad for Donghae to look at. “But I’ve got lots of work to do if I want this fashion show to be successful.”

Donghae stretched out his arms and smacked Ryeowook on the back, “Gosh. I wonder what kind of girl is your type? Someone serious? Focused on work?”

Ryeowook looked up from his ipad. Yoona. He didn’t say anything. This guy was nice but kind of ticked him off. He stood up and headed towards the exit.

“Hey, wait up!” Donghae followed after Ryeowook and they went to take the elevator.

“So what’s my job going to be?” Donghae asked Ryeowook when they got into the elevator. It was kind of crowded.

“Hmmm... “ Ryeowook wasn’t even sure himself. “I guess you can help with whatever the employees need help with. As you know, we have a big fashion show coming up, so it’s busy. Just see wherever you can help.”

When they arrived at Seoul Style, Ryeowook walked on ahead straight to his office. Donghae looked around. Wow. It did look busy. He saw several employees already at work, and it was still pretty early. “Hi,” he approached a woman who was sitting and looking through a magazine. “I’m the new intern here, Lee Donghae.”

Tiffany looked up from the magazine she’d been looking through. “Oh. Okay.” She didn’t even take her eyes off the computer screen. Donghae looked over her shoulder and saw her scrolling through a PowerPoint of makeup items. So she must be in charge of the makeup. Donghae walked over to Siwon and peered over his shoulder. It appeared that he was looking through fashion items. So he was in charge of fashion.

“Need help?” Donghae suddenly said from behind Siwon.

Siwon nearly jumped out of his pants. “Oh my god!” He flared at Donghae. “Who are you even?”

Tiffany looked up from what she was doing. She had thought that it was only her and Siwon. “Are you new? Who are you?”

Donghae smiled at them and bowed his head, “I’m Donghae. The new intern.”

Intern? Siwon and Tiffany reached out to grab his hands. “Help us!” In less than an hour Donghae was up-to-speed with what was going on at Seoul Style. And of course Siwon and Tiffany could now take it easy cuz why not make the intern do everything?

Donghae was pretty quick and finished up work, that had taken Siwon and Tiffany a week to finish, by the end of the day.

“Wow!!!” Siwon and Tiffany praises Donghae for his amazing work. They were getting ready to leave for the day. “Wanna join us for kbbq?”

“Sure!” Donghae had not gone to kbbq in the longest time. He stood up from his seat and was about to head out with them but he noticed that Ryeowook was still in his office working. “Don’t you think we should invite the boss?”

Siwon and Tiffany exchanges looks. They weren’t exactly close with him so…

Donghae saw the negligence on their faces of his comment. “I’ll go ask him.” He went to Ryeowook’s door and knocked. “Ryeowook?”

Ryeowook looked up from his work, “Yeah?”

“We were leaving for the day and going to get kbbq. Would you like to join us?”

Ryeowook didn’t really know if him and Donghae were friends but it seemed like Donghae was making a friendly offer. “I don’t think I…”

“You should take a break once in a while.” Donghae went over to Ryeowook’s desk and placed down a file of the work he’d completed today. Even though it was only his first day, he’d completed a ton of work. With that, he left Ryeowook’s office.

Ryeowook looked at the file Donghae had set in front of him. There was a post-it of a kbbq eatery. It seemed like it was a friendly invitation. He opened the file and looked through the work. Donghae really has done a lot of work. They all had. He glanced at the post-it again and stood up. For the first time since he’d arrived at work hat day, he left his office.