Chapter 13

I’m not over you

 

Nana exited Seoul Style. She felt confused. Very confused. She didn’t know who she was. After hearing Ryeowook’s story, she felt like she might be Yoona. But she wasn’t sure. She walked quickly through the night. She didn’t know where she was going to go. She didn’t exactly want to go home and see Donghae either. She did not see where she was going…

Nana stumbled out into the street. She turned and saw a car coming at her. She did not realize that the traffic light was green for the cars to go. Nana snapped out of her thoughts and came back to reality. She saw a car coming at her.

At that moment someone grabbed her and they stumbled onto the ground away from where the cars were.

Nana looked up. Where was she? Nana looked around. She saw Ryeowook lying on the ground by her side. He was bleeding. Had he saved her? Everything was slowly coming back to her. Why was Ryeowook hurt? Because of her? Nana started crying immediately. She grabbed Ryeowook into her arms. “No…” Nana looked around frantically. “Call 119!”

Nana sat by Ryeowook’s side as they rode in the ambulance. “Ryeowook…” Nana held onto his hand tightly. His head was bleeding. He’d saved her even when she’d pushed him away. All she could do was cry. She’d been such an idiot.

Jessica’s phone suddenly rang. Donghae looked up at Jessica. Jessica picked up her phone, “Hello?” She didn’t recognize the number.

“Hello, is this the guardian of Kim Ryeowook?”

Was she? She wasn’t sure. “Yes.” Jessica  decided.

“Ryeowook has been hit by a car and is being sent to the hospital right now.”

Jessica’s heart started to race. What had happened? Hadn’t he gone to meet Nana? “Okay. I’ll be there.” Jessica hung up and nudged Donghae. “Hey, let’s go! Ryeowook was hit by a car.” She grabbed his arm and they ran out to Jessica’s car.

It was a quiet ride as they rode to the hospital. Donghae was trying to recollect his thoughts. What had happened? He’d sent Ryeowook to meet with Yoona because he felt that it was only right to return what was not originally his. How had Ryeowook been hit by a car? He hoped Nana was fine.

Jessica could see that Donghae was fidgeting around next to her. She selected a song to play. Carpenters Close to you played. It was once of her favorites. It always brought a smile to her face whenever she heard it. She hoped that it’d also being Donghae some ease. Although she did not know Donghae too well, she felt like she wanted to help him and give him a shoulder to lean on.

Donghae shifted his gaze over to Jessica. This song sounded familiar. They were singing in English. Although his English wasn’t perfect, Donghae could understand the chorus part- Close to you. It gave him a warm sense of serenity. Donghae looked over at Jessica. She was being so nice to him. She’d listened to him when he was spilling out his feelings. She was keeping him company. He didn’t know what he would be doing now since Nana wasn’t home. He felt a sense of happiness.

Jessica placed her hand on top of Donghae’s. “Don’t worry. Everything will be fine.”

Donghae really hoped that everything would be fine, just as Jessica was telling him. He believed her.