Chapter 7

I’m not over you

Donghae was looking at a picture of Nana. On Ryeowook’s phone. Nana was the woman Ryeowook had loved. Donghae had stolen Ryeowook’s woman. And he didn’t even know it until now.

“Aww, she’s so pretty that I think Donghae has fallen in love.” Tiffany teased.

Donghae came back to reality and he quickly passed the phone back to Ryeowook.

Ryeowook laughed. “Sure.”

“Aww, I feel like my whole time working in the company, we’re finally bonding.” Tiffany smiled at Ryeowook. And it was true. Ryeowook had never felt like opening up until now for some reason. Was it because of Donghae? Donghae felt like a real friend to Ryeowook.

“I second that.” Siwon smiled at Tiffany.

“But what’s up with you two?” Ryeowook gestured towards Siwon and Tiffany.

Tiffany and Siwon looked at each other. What?

“You two seem pretty close.” Ryeowook bluntly said.

“Whattt!!??” Tiffany and Siwon both started blushing and blubbering.

Ryeowook started laughing. “I’m just kidding!”

“Oh. Haha.” Tiffany exchanged looks with Siwon and laughed.

When Donghae arrived back home, he could smell Nana’s cooking. He went over to her and hugged her from behind.

Nana was startled at first because she had not heard Donghae open the door and come in. “Donghae? How was work?”

Donghae just snuggled into Nana. “Fine, but I missed you.” He didn’t want to let go of her. He just loved her so much. But now knowing about Ryeowook and his woman, he just wasn’t so sure. Should he fight for Nana or forfeit?

Yoona turned around and came face-to-face with Donghae. What was up with Donghae all of a sudden? “Well, I missed you too.” She reached up and patted his head, “Dinner is almost ready. Go get changed and join me.”

Donghae felt warmth in his heart. They’d been together for seven long years. He was sure of it now. He was going to ask her to marry him. He smiled and nodded. He headed towards his room to change out of his work clothes.

    Ryeowook was going to find a way to talk to Nana or Yoona or whoever she was. He just had to. With the fashion show coming up, there would be a rehearsal coming up.

    “Ryeowook, the agenda for today-” Taeyeon was reporting today’s schedule to Ryeowook when Ryeowook cut her off.

    “I am going to meet with the models, one-on-one.” Ryeowook proposed his intended agenda for the day. “I have it listed out. And you’ll assist me, right?” Ryeowook handed Taeyeon a sheet of paper. “I’ve divided the models amongst the two of us.”

    Is that really necessary? Taeyeon thought to herself. “Of course.” She accepted the paper Ryeowook held out to her and exited his office.

    “Donghae, I’ve been called in today for an interview at your company.” Nana announced to Donghae early in the morning. Donghae was up and getting ready to go to work. “I was thinking we could grab breakfast together on our way there?”

    What? Donghae gritted his teeth. What was Ryeowook up to? Was there an alternative motive? Donghae tried to push that thought out of his head. He trusted Ryeowook. And besides Ryeowook did not know that Nana was his woman. He was going to make that clear today. He was also going to make it clear that Nana was not Yoona.

    Donghae smiled at Nana. “Alright.”

    Donghae brought Nana to the cafe where he’d bumped into Ryeowook before. When they arrived, Donghae saw Ryeowook seated in his usual spot with a cup of coffee at hand and an iPad in his other hand. Doing the same usual things. Today wasn’t going to be any different was it?

    Donghae and Nana went over to the register. “We’ll take two ice mochas and two croissants with egg, bacon, and cheese.” Donghae ordered. While they waited for their order, Donghae glanced over at Ryeowook. He had not noticed them here. He glanced at Nana. Nana was so concentrated on watching the mochas being made that she didn’t seem to notice Ryeowook. Donghae wondered if she even remembered Ryeowook from yesterday.

    When their order came, Donghae and Nana went to find a seat. Donghae chose the table next to Ryeowook’s table. They dug into their breakfast. “This is so good.” Nana beamed as she her lips.

    “It’s because we’re having breakfast together. That makes everything better.” Donghae’s words made Nana blush. Donghae reached for a tissue and “accidentally” bumped his arm into Ryeowook’s.

    “Oops.” Donghae looked over at Ryeowook. Ryeowook also looked over and noticed Donghae. Then Ryeowook looked at the person across from Donghae and saw Yoona. “Hey Ryeowook, good morning.” Donghae greeted.

    Ryeowook was just silent. He was trying to process everything. Yoona was sitting right there. He snapped back to reality. “Hi,” he said to Donghae. “Hi,” he said to Yoona.

“Oh, I should probably introduce.” Donghae gestured towards Ryeowook. “This is the CEO of the company where I work, Kim Ryeowook.” Donghae watched Yoona smile and hold out her hand to Ryeowook.

“And this is Nana. Lee Nana, my girlfriend.” Donghae finished.