Chapter 12

I’m not over you

 

“Donghae also told me to meet someone here. I suppose he wanted the two of us to meet?

Nana looked back at Ryeowook. “I guess so?”

Ryeowook and Nana headed back up the stairs and entered Seoul Style. Ryeowook switched on the lights and he led her to sit down in the waiting area. He sat down across from her. It was quiet at first. Kind of awkward… Ryeowook broke the silence, “Would you like something to drink?”

Nana looked at Ryeowook suspiciously. Was he trying to get her drunk?

Ryeowook could tell what was on Nana’s mind by the weird expression she had on her face. “Water?” He suggested. He didn't want to come off as a freak.

Nana nodded, “Thank you.” She watched as Ryeowook went and brought back two water bottles. He placed one in front of her and held onto the other one.

Nana felt a little awkward. Last time she’d been kind of rude to him. “Sorry about last time.”

“Huh?” Ryeowook shook his head. “It’s alright.”

“You wanted to get to know me better last time right?” Nana asked Ryeowook.

Ryeowook didn’t say anything. It didn’t matter.

“What do you know about me?” Donghae told me that you knew me.”

Ryeowook nodded. He did. “Not to weird you out or anything but we were going to get married on the day that you disappeared.

So they’d been lovers. Nana was trying to understand what he was telling her.

Ryeowook continued his story. It was somewhat relieving to be telling someone. Even if it was Yoona or not. He wasn’t even sure anymore. “We’d met in university in music class together. I was kind of antisocial. You were the one who came and opened me up. That was ten years ago. After one and a half years of just being friends, I finally mustered up the courage to ask you out and then we started dating. It was very smooth for a long time. We dated for a while and then I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Yoona. So I asked her to marry me and she agreed to. We prepared everything and were so excited for the day. But on the day of our wedding, she never showed up. I was hurt for a long time. I think it was only recently that I feel that I am healing. It was not easy seeing someone who looks identical to her.” Ryeowook looked at Nana. His eyes scanned her. Her eyes were the same, her lips were so round and pink. Her voice was like a song. It was like she was Yoona.

Before Ryeowook could stop himself, he reached out for her face. He placed his hands on her cheeks. He just held her face in his hands and he looked into her eyes. He just loved Yoona so much. It didn’t matter if this wasn’t Yoona. He just wanted his Yoona back.

Nana looked back at Ryeowook. What was going on? She wasn’t sure if he was mistaking her for someone else. Maybe he was. Nana felt bad that Ryeowook was feeling so much pain. She felt bad that he’d lost Yoona, or whatever her name was. She would be that woman if it made him happy again, but she couldn’t since she was not. Nana put her hands on top of his.

Ryeowook gazed into Nana’s eyes and leaned in to kiss her.

Nana saw Ryeowook leaning in to kiss her. What should she do? Nana quickly took his hands and removed them from her face. She turned her face away. She stood up. She looked at Ryeowook. He looked pitiful. For some reason her heart was hurting a little. “I’m sorry. I’m not Yoona.” She left the room.