Chapter 16

I’m not over you

Jessica walked back into the cafe. Donghae was alone. “What happened? Where did Nana go?”

“That’s not her name. I do not know her real name. I don’t know anything about her. She’s just someone I created.” Donghae felt a lump in his throat. Was it guilt? Or maybe relief that he was finally getting this out. He hadn’t realized now that he was actually in a lot of pain.

“Donghae, you did nothing wrong. In fact what you did was right. You saved her and gave her life. If it wasn’t for you she’d be who knows…” Jessica moved over closer to Donghae and haves him a slight hug. “You’re a great guy. I think she was very lucky to have you.”

When Yoona got back to Ryeowook’s room, she heard voices inside. Who was that?

Yoona stepped into the room and saw Taeyeon, Siwon, and Tiffany all standing by Ryeowook’s bed. Ryeowook was awake. RYEOWOOK WAS AWAKE!

Yoona rushes over to his side. “Ryeowook!” She hugged him tightly. “It’s me Yoona. I realized that through all this time I was Yoona.”

Ryeowook looked at her sheepishly. He seemed a bit confused. “Umm, excuse me but who are you?”

Yoona was taken aback. What was going on? Had he lost his memory? “Oh my god.” Yoona stepped back. “You don’t remember who I am? I am Yoona. I was Nana, but I realized who I really am…”

Ryeowook continued to look at her strangely.

“Does he recognize you guys?” Yoona asked Taeyeon. She created some distance between them.

Taeyeon shrugged, “Ryeowook, do you know who we are?”

Ryeowook looked over in Taeyeon’s direction. “Of course Taeyeon.” He shifted his gaze to Siwon and Tiffany. “Siwon and Tiffany.”

Yoona’s heart sank. Was this karma? She didn’t know what to say. She now understood how Ryeowook had felt when she hadn’t been able to recognize him. This was torture. Were they just not meant for each other?

Siwon and Tiffany began to giggle. Taeyeon couldn’t help but burst out laughing too. Yoona looked at each one of them. Was this really so funny that she was being tortured now? Tears filled her eyes. Maybe she did deserve this.

Suddenly Ryeowook began to laugh too. Yoona shifted her gaze towards Ryeowook. And him too? “What?” She was so confused.

“Come here, my Yoona, my gwiyeoun (cute) Yoong.” He held his arms open. Yoona rushed into his arms. This was so long overdue. Even if she hadn’t remembered him for the past seven years she knew that this was long overdue. It was truly Ryeowook. That was the nickname he’d always called her when they were together.

From behind Tiffany hugged Siwon. So cute! Taeyeon felt her heart sink just a little. She’d had a little thing for Ryeowook for a while. Taeyeon felt a smile form on her face. But she was really glad to see that Ryeowook was finally happy with the woman he’d been so hung up on for so long.

From outside the room Donghae and Jessica watched from outside. Things were finally back to how they were supposed to be. Even though Donghae was hurting, he felt happy for the two of them. He’d always stand behind Yoona and support her no matter what. He’d just have to put away all his feelings for her. It’d take a while, but...