Chapter 19

I’m not over you

 

“Donghae.”Jessica cleared . “Look behind you.”

Donghae slowly turned his head and surely enough his eyes met with Yoona’s. Weirdly enough he didn’t feel guilty or weird anymore. It didn’t feel weird to see Yoona anymore.

Yoona also looked up at that moment. She thought she heard someone say Donghae’s name. She looked across from her and saw Ryeowook. She looked past Ryeowook and saw Donghae. He seemed to be eating with another woman. That woman turned her head and Yoona saw that it was Jessica. Wow. Since when?

Ryeowook turned his head around to see what Yoona was looking at and saw Donghae and Jessica. “Oh hey! It’s been a while.”

“Yup.” Donghae smiled a flat smile at Ryeowook. “How are you doing bro?”

Ryeowook put up a thumbs up. “Couldn’t be better.” He lost his smile when he realized that there was some tension between the four of them.

“Well…” Yoona broke the silence, “Do you want to sit together?” Yoona directed this question at Donghae. She wasn’t really angry at him or anything. She understood that what he did was because of the situation back then. If anything it was her fault for not being more careful.

Jessica replied, “Sure.” Yoona looked at Donghae to see what his reaction was. He seemed a little bit uncomfortable.

Once they were sitting together, they ordered their food. “I’ll have a double cheeseburger, some fries, and a sprite,” Ryeowook told the waiter.

“May I get a garden salad and a diet coke?” Jessica ordered next.

“I’ll get a regular burger with fries and a sprite,” Donghae ordered.

“Me too…” Yoona glanced at Donghae. They still liked the same things… There really was no reason why they shouldn’t be talking anymore.

Once the waiter left, Yoona cleared . “So how’ve you been?” She directed her question at Donghae, trying not to make it obvious.

“We’re pretty well…” Jessica answered for Donghae. It was kind of a weird question…

“How about you?” Donghae directed his question at Ryeowook. “When are you coming back to the company? Not that Taeyeon isn't great and all, but we miss you.”

Ryeowook smiled at Donghae. “I was thinking of returning this coming Monday.”

“That’s tomorrow!” Yoona turned to face Ryeowook. He hadn’t even told her.

“Yup. I kind of wanted it to be a surprise, but I guess it isn’t anymore.” Ryeowook fixed the napkin in front of him. When he felt nervous he would touch random things.

“You should surprise Taeyeon. She doesn’t show it, but I think she misses you a lot.” Donghae suggested.

Ryeowook nodded. “I think I will.” He put his napkin down. “Wanna help me?”

Donghae smirked, “Sure.”

Yoona could see that there was a brotherhood between the two guys. This was a good thing.

“You ladies want to help us out?” Donghae glanced at Yoona and Jessica.

Yoona bit her bottom lip.

“Sure.” Jessica replied first.

“Me too.” Yoona chimed in after her.