Chapter 3

I’m not over you

 

Yoona. Yoona. Yoona! Ryeowook’s mind screamed. It was Yoona on stage! Ryeowook stood up in his seat and he looked intently at her. She walked down the runway with a big smile on her face. How could she be smiling like that? She’s disappeared seven years ago on their wedding day. How could she smile like that???

“They’re good, aren’t they?” Ryeowook was interrupted from his fantasy abruptly when someone interrupted his thoughts. It was Paul Ji, the CEO of the modeling agency.

“Ahh, yes. They’re great.” Ryeowook was more focused on the thought that he may have just seen Yoona. “Sorry, but who is that model?” He pointed towards Yoona as she walked away.

“Oh her? That’s Nana Lee. She’s great, isn’t she?” Paul explained.

Nana? Ryeowook was confused. Had she had some sort of identity change? Is she using a fake name or something? His eyes followed her as she disappeared from the stage. Ryeowook found that he could not focus for the rest of the walk-through.

At the end, all of the models walked out to the stage and posed together. Ryeowook just stared at Yoona. She must have noticed because her smile disappeared and she shifter her attention somewhere else.

“Models, this is Kim Ryeowook the CEO of Seoul Style. We are going to America for the fashion show.” Paul announced.

“Can they introduce themselves? I want to get to know them if we’ll be working together.” Ryeowook asked Paul.

“Can you introduce yourselves?” Paul asked the models.

“I am Choi Sooyoung.”

“Jessica Jung.”

“Jenny Kim.”

Ryeowook scanned the ten models. He hardly heard them introducing themselves. He snapped back to reality when he noticed that it was Yoona next.

“I am Nana Lee.” Yoona smiled brightly.

Nana? Lee? Had she had an identity change?

“Thank you.” Ryeowook called out once they’d finished. Was it too much to ask for a background of each model?

Once the fashion show was over Ryeowook prepared to return back to Seoul. However, he didn’t really want to. He wanted to talk to Yoona. Alone. How would he get her alone to talk to?

Ryeowook sat in the airport waiting for his flight. Jessica would be taking the plane back with the models so Ryeowook felt a bit lonely.

“Excuse me?” Ryeowook felt someone tap on his shoulder. He looked up and saw a man in front of him. “Could you help me watch my suitcase? I have to go to the bathroom.”

Ryeowook nodded. He looked at the time on his phone. He still had time before his flight.

“Thanks,” the man left his suitcase with Ryeowook and dashed away.

Ryeowook eyes the suitcase. It was a bright yellow suitcase with flower print. It was an awfully girly suitcase for a guy. Was this guy gay? He checked the time again. He’d have to leave in about ten minutes. Hopefully the man would come back within that time…

His eyes drifted away from the suitcase and he looked around. When would this guy come back. He looked at the time again. Two minutes had passed.

Ryeowook stood up and stretched out his hand and put it on the suitcase handle. Luckily he’d dropped off his own luggage at drop-off before. Ryeowook headed towards the men’s room.

At that moment he saw the man heading towards him. “Oh sorry!” He met Ryeowook and retrieve his suitcase. “Thanks a bunch.” He stuck out his hand to shake.

Ryeowook shook his hand.

“I’m Lee Donghae.” Donghae introduces himself.

“I’m Kim Ryeowook.” Ryeowook replied.

Kim Ryeowook? Donghae couldn’t believe that he was actually meeting Ryeowook. He knew that Ryeowook was the CEO of Seoul Style, the company he was transferring to. “How funny. You’re the CEO of Seoul Style. I am actually going to Korea to intern at Seoul Style.”

Ryeowook tried to register what he’d just heard. What a coincidence. “Oh really?” Ryeowook didn’t even know that here was someone coming to work at Seoul Style. “Then I’ll see you then.” He glanced at the time. “I really have to catch my flight. It was a pleasure to meet you.” For some reason Ryeowook just wanted to leave now.

“Are you on first class?” Donghae asked.

Of course. “Yes.” Ryeowook said. He started heading towards the entrance terminal.

“Me too.” He showed Ryeowook his ticket.

No way. Their seats were right next to each other. Ryeowook didn’t really want to talk to him anymore. Things were getting weirder how everything seemed to be such a coincidence.

“Wow, we’re seated next to each other. What a coincidence.” Donghae pointed out.

Fat chance. Ryeowook thought to himself while faking a smile.