Chapter 6

I’m not over you

 

“And he was begging me to get back with him!” Tiffany, Siwon, and Donghae were laughing hysterically as Tiffany told them a story about her last boyfriend. They were talking about relationships. It’s started with them wondering if Ryeowook had anyone he liked. It was a question proposed by Donghae. He was very curious.

“Well, Donghae I’m done with my story now. And Siwon has just told his, so now it’s your turn.” Tiffany shifted her gaze towards Donghae who was listening and enjoying his bibimbap.

Donghae finished chewing and swallowed. “I am currently seeing someone. She’s pretty amazing.” He glanced at Siwon and Tiffany. It appeared that they were too busy eating.

“And?” Siwon asked, surprising Donghae. He didn’t expect them to actually be curious. “How’s you meet her?”

“Well I found her.” He knew that sounded weird so he quickly added, “I found her outside my apartment building. It was nighttime and it appeared that no one saw her. She’d just been hit by a car. I took her to the hospital and she didn’t even know who she was. So I gave her a new name and everything. I told her that we were lovers. I don’t even know why. It just seemed like the best explanation. Ever since then we e been together. I’ve been wanting to ask her to marry me, but I’m just holding back for some reason.”

Siwon and Tiffany looked at each other in horror. This was so strange… yet sweet.

“Hey.” Ryeowook appeared out of nowhere and sat down next to Donghae.

Tiffany and Siwon were even more surprised to see him joining them after work.

Ryeowook could tell that it seemed weird but he disregarded this feeling.

“I invited him to join us.” Donghae whispered to Siwon and Tiffany.

“We were just talking about our past relationships. Kind of personal stuff.” Tiffany explained to Ryeowook. She wasn’t even sure why she was doing so.

“Do you have a love story you would like to share?” Donghae asked Ryeowook. This would be the second time Donghae was asking Ryeowook. He wasn’t desperate for an answer, but still very much interested.

Ryeowook looked back and forth between Donghae and the others. It was about time he talked to someone about it. “I do.” He watched as Siwon poured him a drink of soju. He took it and finished it in one shot. Memories came flooding back to him. He remembered drinking a lot when Yoona has left him. For a long time, he’d been in the gutter. It was Jessica who picked him up and made him do something with his life. She’d given him the inspiration to remember Yoona and start their dream.

“Seven years ago, I was going to get married to the woman I loved.” Ryeowook felt his heart loosen up. These feelings he’d been holding onto for so long we’re finally being freed a little. He’d felt the same way when he was talking to Jessica earlier.

“But on the day of our wedding, she did not show up. And since then I never knew why. We lost all contact.” He began to realize that there wasn’t much to tell to this story. Or at least he didn’t know what to say to these people.

“Oh my.” Tiffany covered . She was a super dramatic person. It sounded like a Korean drama to her.

“Have you tried looking for her?” Siwon asked.

“Yes, many times.” Ryeowook poured himself another shot and drank it. “She’s either dead or someone else found her and she’s living by another identity.”

Donghae remained silent as Siwon and Tiffany asked Ryeowook questions. Seven years ago was when he’d found Nana. She had no identity or anything. It all just sounded like it matched. It couldn’t be.

“Do you have a picture of her?” Tiffany asked. She was curious as to what type of woman Ryeowook had loved.

“Yes. I do.” Ryeowook pulled out his phone. He opened it and chose a photo of him and Yoona at a picnic. Before Donghae could see, Siwon and Tiffany grabbed the phone and were ooong and ahhing over it. Donghae tried to get a glimpse, but couldn’t see.

“She’s so pretty.” Tiffany told Ryeowook.

“She is.” Siwon agreed.

Ryeowook’s phone finally ended up in Donghae’s hands and what he saw made him feel guilty.