Chapter 1

I’m not over you

    “Did the CEO really get a new car? A maroon Acura 2019? Isn’t that like really expensive?” Choi Siwon watched as Kim Ryeowook, Seoul Style’s CEO parked into his parking spot.

    “Well, he is pretty darn rich. I don’t know what else he would spend his money on…” Tiffany Hwang, Siwon’s co-worker pointed out. They were both peering out the window as they pretended to work.

    “Get to work!” Tiffany and Siwon nearly jumped out of their pants when their team leader, Kim Taeyeon, slammed a pile of folders down in front of them. “We have a fashion show next week and it had to be grand! The grandest! Fashion critics from America will be coming and we have got to show them how great Seoul Style is!” Taeyeon clapped her hands together, “So get moving!”

    Siwon and Tiffany both scurried back to their seats right as Taeyeon pulled out another pile of files from her desk and slammed it down next to the accumulating pile of work. “These are the special guests that will be at the show. Please call their agencies and confirm that they will be present at the show.”

    Siwon looked at Tiffany in horror and then back at the ginormous pile situated between them. “Looks like we’;; be busy all day…” Siwon muttered under his breath.

    Taeyeon heard what Siwon had said, but lucky for him, she disregarded it because at that moment the CEO walked in. “Good morning Mr Kim!” all the employees shifted their gazes towards Kim Ryeowook and stifled an ingenuine smile.

    “Good morning.” Ryeowook held up his hand, as if saluting, and entered his office.

    “He must be the unfriendliest person ever. He says, ‘good morning, yes, no, goodbye’; everything is so formal. Either that, or he’s just being really professional.” Tiffany scoffed at Siwon.

    “Tiffany! If Mr. Kim heard you, you’d lose your job right now!” Taeyeon snapped at Tiffany, “You have a lot of work to do, so get to work now unless you intend to skip lunch and sleep here!”

    Tiffany exchanged eye-contact with Siwon and they got to work.

    Taeyeon approached Ryeowook’s office and knocked on the door. She waited a moment before opening the door. He usually didn’t reply. As long as he didn’t look busy Taeyeon thought it was okay to intrude, “Mr. Kim?” she walked into his office and stood by the door. He was sifting through papers on his desk.

    “Yes?” Ryeowook continued to sift through papers.

    “The modeling agency is coming in tomorrow for a run-through and the fashion designers, the make-up artists…” Taeyeon placed a neat clip-board of details onto Ryeowook’s desk.

    “Alright. Thank you Taeyeon,” Ryeowook glanced up at Taeyeon briefly before returning to what he was doing.

    “Then, I will be leaving.” Taeyeon tries to find the gratitude in his words. She knew that he was not as bad of a person as the others thought.

    “Really, thank you.” Ryeowook abruptly blurted out. “I don’t know what I’d do without you. You work so hard,” Taeyeon felt her heart skip a beat at his compliment.

    Taeyeon smiled and exited his office.

    After Taeyeon left, Ryeowook sat down at his desk. He flipped through the contents of the clipboard. This was the first time that Seoul Style would be collaborating with an American company. Ryeowook saw many benefits in expanding their fashion empire. He stifled a yawn before getting out his laptop. He opened the screen and typed in his password IMYOONA. His desktop popped up, a picture from roughly two years ago. It was taken the day before their wedding. The day that he was going to marry the woman of his dreams, his one-and-only love. It was also the last memory he had of her before she’d left without a word.

    Two years ago, Ryeowook was not the CEO of Seoul Style. There was no such thing. Two years ago, it’d only been a dream that he’d shared with Yoona. They’d planned to launch the company together after getting married. Even though she had disappeared on the day of their marriage, he had still built up the company in hopes that she would come back. So far he had not had any luck.

    Two years ago even though he did not have his company or dream, he’d had the woman he loved so much- Yoona Im. They’d first met in university, both with big dreams… and been so in love. But she’d left him on their wedding day and never returned since. Till this day Ryeowook couldn’t really figure out why.

    He really should change his password. Everytime he typed in his password his heart hurt. Everytime his desktop picture popped up, his heart hurt even more. It was a picture from when they first started dating. Ryeowook had kissed his on the cheek and Yoona looked so surprised. If Ryeowook was not so much in pain this photo would even have made him laugh throughout the years.

    He snapped back to reality when his phone rang. “Seoul Style’s CEO Kim speaking,” Ryeowook answered, slowly coming back to his senses.

    “Yes, Mr. Kim. This is USA models. Would it be possible for you to come to San Francisco by tomorrow to see our models? Something came up and it’ll be inconvenient to transport all our models to Seoul.”

    Ryeowook winced at the sudden change-of-plans. But he had to be flexible. He didn’t want to lose this American company. “Yes, of course. That won’t be a problem,” he closed his eyes.

    “We’ll send a jet to pick you up at your company tonight.” Ryeowook was surprised. That was fast. That meant that it was already on its way.

    “Yes, thank you.” Ryeowook opened his eyes. After hanging up, Ryeowook rubbed his temples. He felt a headache coming. The fashion show was next week and he still had so many things to finalize. He didn’t want to fly to the U.S. when there was so much work that needed to be done in Korea. But as the CEO he had no choice. Ryeowook glanced outside his office at the employees working busily outside. If the fashion show went well, he’d treat them to Korean BBQ. That would surely surprise them, but Ryeowook felt that he should do something nice for them since they were working so diligently.

    At lunchtime, Ryeowook left his office room. As he glanced around the office he saw how hard everyone was working. “Ahem,” he cleared his throat to get their attention. “I have to go to the U.S. to finalize some plans with the American modeling agency. I expect you all to be working hard especially since the fashion show is next week.” He watched as the employees looked up at him. “But I also want you to feel comfortable. I know I usually enforce that the office should be a quiet place but if music helps you work, listen to music. Have some food. Just make sure you clean up after yourselves.” Ryeowook glanced at Taeyeon, “I’m putting Taeyeon in charge. Please treat her as if she was me.”

    Ryeowook noticed that smiles appeared all over the room. He felt a sense of happiness when he saw that. Ryeowook walked out of the office and to his car. He got in and drove back to his villa. He had bought this villa with Yoona. He wanted her to be in it with him. The garden was waiting for her to become a fairy tale. He parked his car into the driveway and got out. He entered his house and grabbed a few things before getting back into his car and going to the airport.