sense

My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jin opens his eyes to tall ceilings and baby pink surroundings.

Oh that’s right, I’m at her place.

He gets up, yawns and walks toward the windows to open the sheer white curtains. He can see the busy buzzing city down and admires the Seoul skyline view from the penthouse room.

 

After ten minutes, he walks out of the bathroom and looks around the place. She should’ve been here by now. He thought. Her flight should’ve arrived hours ago.

He got dressed, using his own clothes. He has a drawer of his things on her place as this isn’t the first time he’d spent the night here.

He walks to the nightstand and picks up his phone. After checking his messages, his hunch was confirmed, she indeed sent her one.

 

“Will be spending some time with Papa today before he goes back to Tokyo.

See you at uni. tomorrow.

Miss you much.”

 

He smiles. She probably sent him a message instead of calling to not wake him up. Guess he has to go down and have breakfast alone after all.

But before doing so, he types in his reply.

 

“Say ‘hi’ to uncle for me.

Miss you more.

See you soon.”

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

Taehyung wakes up, tosses from left to right, and then eventually sits up. With his bed hair, he blinks a few times, still processing his state from half-awake to fully awake. And that usually takes around five to ten minutes. This is his first morning in the dorm. He smiles, thinking he still has one more day before classes officially start. His attention then turns to the luggage on the opposite bed and he can’t help but wonder where his roommate slept last night seeing as he definitely didn’t come back to their room.

But his train of thoughts is interrupted by the growling of his stomach. He checks the time on his phone and it reads exactly eight in the morning. Ah… no wonder I’m already hungry.

 

 

After eating and showering, walking around the room, Taehyung finally noticed the keycard on his roommate’s bed. It was half covered by a white tee that’s why he didn’t see it before. This might be the reason why he hasn’t come back yet. He thought. But then again his roommate could’ve just knocked whenever he wanted to be let in.

He stood there for a good minute staring at the keycard, thinking whether he should take it with him just in case he runs into him around the campus today.

He contemplates.

If he leaves it there it won’t change anything, even if his roommate comes and knocks, he won’t be there to answer. But if he takes it with him and happens to run into him outside, then he can give him his keycard. The campus is big but there’s only one path in and out of the dorms. And it’s not like his roommate would wander to other faculty buildings. He will probably be around their own faculty, the student commons and the dorms. Right?

 

He sighs, and then grabs the keycard as he heads out of the room.

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

Jin’s phone rings while he is having lunch on the ground floor café of her apartment. He spent the morning going around the shops in the high end neighborhood where her apartment is located after breakfast. Despite not having his wallet with him, good thing he has his phone. He didn’t purchase anything for himself though but he did get her new perfumes.

“Yes Yoong.” He answers.

“I’m already on campus and just got my keycard. I’m in a different room.” Yoongi said.

“Are we at least on the same floor?” Jin hopes they are. Even though he is not the type of person to inconvenience others, somehow it comforts him knowing Yoongi will be nearby.

“Oh about that...” Yoongi paused for a while, and then continued. “My room’s on the second floor.”

“What?!” Jin exclaims. Right now he’s not thinking of the advantage Yoongi has being on the second floor but the distance between them. “That’s few flights of stairs.”

“This is only temporary. We will fix this once the dorm manager arrives because I’m sure as hell I didn’t make any mistake with our application.” Yoongi reassures Jin.

“Okay Yoong.” Jin said. He’s worried, how can he not be when it could potentially affect his entire senior year, but he trusts Yoongi.

“For now, let’s just stay in our assigned rooms until this is sorted out.” Yoongi said. “Are you on campus grounds?”

“No, I’m out right now. I’m meeting up with other officers later this afternoon but we’re doing it outside the campus.”

“Ah, for that orientation tomorrow.”

“Yup, that’s it.” Jin answered. “Will I be seeing you at the orientation?”

“Nope!” Yoongi was quick to reply. “That’s too early for me.”

Jin laughs. “See you at lunch then.”

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

Taehyung woke up before his alarm went off.

He is excited for the first day, like most freshmen would be. He walks out of the room, passed by the elevator and heads down the hallway to the stairs. After crossing the bridge and a few faculty buildings later, he found himself in the Social Science building. It was easy for him to find the venue of the orientation, just follow all the other students that seem to be going in the same direction.

The hall was packed with students by the time he entered at seven in the morning. This is the place where the freshmen orientation is going to take place. Everyone is organized by the colors of their shirts. The college of Social Sciences’ official color is blue so the six departments under it are in different shades of blue. The freshmen of political science, international studies and communications are in navy, royal and azure. And the psychology, sociology and economics are in sapphire, cobalt and teal. The faculty emblem in the front and their courses written in the back with their respective shirt colors, it was easy for them to find their classmates.

Before joining the others, Taehyung opted to read the standing banners displayed by the entryway with information of faculty and its different departments.

 

Social Science Faculty

The College of Social Science aims to educate students and nurture them to become future leaders who are capable of making important contributions to society.

 

Political Science Department

Students will acquire the knowledge and techniques necessary to examine the political structures and socioeconomic gaps between various nations in order to solve legal problems and establish effective systems.

Approximately 70% of specialized subjects are taught in English.

 

International Studies Department

Students will acquire basic legal knowledge to develop the ability to understand the various workings of a globalized corporate society and become capable of negotiating and working with people from different cultural backgrounds.

Approximately 80% of specialized subjects are taught in English.

 

Communications Department

Students will acquire the ability to analyze social problems and disseminate information using logical thinking skills and cultural understandings and effectively interacting with the rapidly developing mass media.

 

Sociology Department

Students will develop sociological thinking and gain a deeper understanding of the culture of contemporary society to be attuned to social changes and find answers about various social issues.

 

Psychology Department

Students will be able to comprehensively approach the human mind and behavior, and cover related fields as cognitive psychology, health psychology and behavioral analysis including research topics on consumer psychology.

 

Economics Department

Students will acquire adaptable and practical skills to systematically study the theories of economics and cultivate the creative thinking skills necessary in economy and business.

There are two majors namely, economic analysis and international economics.

 

After reading each of the banners, Taehyung heard the first years are all instructed to sit on the floor, so he followed suit. He proceeded to sit with the group of students wearing the same color as him. He noticed that only the first years on the floor are the only ones wearing the blue shirts. The students on the sides, front below the stage and on stage itself are all wearing casual clothing. Taehyung assumes they’re the seniors. The ones on the sides were probably second and third years as there are only a few of them, their attendance is not compulsory for the freshmen orientation day. He thinks some of them are probably back in the dorms and still sound asleep as classes don’t officially start until nine. One person he is curious to see is his roommate, he hasn’t seen him yet since that first encounter back on Saturday. He wonders what department he belongs to and what year because by his aura alone he thinks his roommate is definitely isn’t a freshman.

 

 

When all the first years are settled on the floor, Taehyung now clearly sees the six tables in the front just below the stage and there are about five to six people surrounding each table. Since they’re all wearing casual clothes, he’s trying to guess if they’re all seniors or a mix of different levels. Right then when Taehyung raised his eyes on the stage he noticed about six to eight people on it and one of them is his roommate. He is wearing black pants and white dress shirt. He looks smart and proper. Good looking even from a guy’s perspective. He was talking and laughing with someone, whom Taehyung assumes is a male friend or classmate whose appearance is also easy on the eyes though not as much as his roommate. Another student came and called for the male friend and handed him a mic, so his roommate was left alone. Though not for long as a female student walks towards his roommate and the two of them hugged tight. The smile on his roommate’s face is evident, quite different from the laugh earlier. It seems like he was really glad to see her. At least that’s what it looked like from an outsider’s perspective. Taehyung kept staring at them as they talked. They seem really comfortable with each other. Until his attention was taken away by someone speaking on the microphone.

 

“Good morning everyone! Especially to our freshmen!” The guy talking on stage is the same friend his roommate was laughing with earlier. “Welcome to the College of Social Sciences!” Everyone claps and cheers enthusiastically, Taehyung included. “Today is the orientation day for all of you kiddos, but unlike other faculties, we don’t have professors here to read you the university history, rules and manuals, you can do that yourself with the handbooks that will be handed out to you. So everyone feels at ease. You are all here to get acquainted with your classmates and seniors on your respective courses and with everyone in the Soc-Sci faculty.” Everyone nodded as they listened intently, and some even claps at the fact that there are no professors in the vicinity. The announcement continues… “In front of you are tables representing each department, fall in line and get your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter