staunch

My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s hard to breathe.

 

Jin feels chest pain.

 

I wonder why.

 

It’s like there's a lump stuck in his throat.

 

I'm begging you heart please, slow down won’t you.

 

 

"Jin?"

 

 

Jin didn't realize how long he'd been standing there since Taehyung left. A familiar voice calling his name brought him back to reality.

 

"Were you alone here all this time?" Taeyeon asked. She went up the rooftop when Jin didn't come down even after minutes.

 

He didn't answer and seemed like he was still in a daze.

 

The wind was blowing quite strongly. She walked closer to him and held his hand to bring him downstairs, but was a little surprised. “Jinjin, your hands are cold.”

 

“You’re warm Taeyeon-ah.”

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

“Can I ask you something?" Taehyung asked, sitting opposite Hoseok outside the student commons dining hall. "If you meet someone you like but you can’t be together, what do you do?”

“This is about that person right?” Hoseok asked back as he started to munch on his bibimbap. They had decided to eat early dinner here before going back to the dorms. “Why can't you be together? Is it one sided?”

“Well…” Taehyung was thinking about society’s standards but in order not to reveal too much, he lets Hoseok assume. “Yeah, it’s a bit complicated.” Actually it's a lot complicated but at the moment he couldn't think of better subtle words to use.

"Did you confess properly?"

"I did. He used to scold me a lot. The first time I confessed that person apologized. The second time there was no response. I think it was a silent treatment."

"Well, scolding someone actually drains out your energy. That person you like won’t be able to do that unless that person is attached to you."

"..." The words got Taehyung thinking deeply and he completely forgot his own bibimbap in front of him. He hasn't even mixed it yet.

Hoseok on the other hand continued to eat his dinner and was almost halfway of the bowl.

"How about the silent treatment?" Taehyung wasn't actually sure if it was a silent treatment because he was afraid of the response from the senior that he immediately ran down from the rooftop after asking the last question. Jin didn't have the chance to answer him.

“You might be sure of your feelings but give that person some time.” Hoseok simply said. “Maybe that person isn’t giving you a silent treatment. Maybe that person is still confused.”

Could that be true? But if his roommate did have any special feelings then that would be too good to be true. After all Jin did say he felt uncomfortable. Taehyung thought. "Then how can I determine if it's 'like' or 'love'?"

“Love is a strong word to use about someone you've only known for a few months, but I don't think it's impossible. And there’s different kinds of love. But if I’m right about the kind of love you’re asking, then I think it’s when before you know it, you’re thinking about that person unexpectedly and unconsciously. That when you close your eyes, it’s that person’s face that appears. You want to see that person no matter what. That kind of feeling.”

That person... when I spend time alone with him, I uncontrollably want to look at him. And even then, I still want to get closer. "But..." Taehyung attempts. "...but, what if that person is of the same gender?" 

Hoseok thinks carefully before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter