verge

My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What’s up with him?” Hoseok points at Taehyung on his side as soon as he arrives at their last class.

Lana and Hayeon turned to look at the person sitting opposite them, hunched over the table, both hands on his head, sighing for the nth time.

“We don’t know.” Both girls replied in unison.

“He’s been like that the entire afternoon.” Lana continued.

Hoseok stared at Taehyung some more, the other seemed like he’s out of it. In a serious tone he said. “It’s quite early for him to be having a mid-life crisis.”

Both Lana and Hayeon laughed so hard they startled the other students in the tables next to them.

“Was the lesson today hard?” Hoseok inquired.

“It wasn’t that hard.” Hayeon commented confused as she was in the same classes as them.

“I’m talking about his English tutorial.” Hoseok followed up.

“Oh.” Hayeon nods. “As expected, English is hard.”

Lana couldn’t help but feel relieved. “Good thing I didn’t choose international economics.” Referring to the major Taehyung plans to take on his second year.

 

In order to clear things up, Taehyung explained to them that it’s not related to his tutorial lesson and even mentioned the good news from earlier this morning.

 

“If that’s the case, then you should be happy.” Hoseok said.

“I am.” Taehyung replied.

“You don’t look like it.” Lana can’t help but state the obvious.

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

After class, the group walks out the social science building together.

Noticing that Taehyung is still not his usual self, Hoseok asked. “Are you perhaps sad that your tutorial lessons with Jin sunbae are over?”

“Huh?” Taehyung is not quite sure how to answer Hoseok’s sudden question.

“Well, I noticed you seem to always smile after every lesson with sunbae.” Hoseok said. “But you shouldn’t be too sad about it since you guys are roommates. You’ll still see each other everyday.”

Taehyung stayed quiet, silently contemplating. Hoseok has a point. The thought of not spending lunch break with Jin anymore when he had gotten used to it the past few weeks is somehow making him feel down. At the same time he had that mini heart attack earlier just because of his roommate’s lips.

He is confused.

 

“Or maybe you’re having love troubles instead?” Hoseok tried guessing again.

“Love what?!” Taehyung is surprised, the panic evident in his eyes.

Hoseok grins. “Ah so my first guess was wrong. Turns out our Taehyung has someone he likes.”

“No!” Taehyung almost screams in defense. “No I don’t!”

“You don’t have to be so defensive.” Hoseok said. “It’s normal to date in college. There are even campus couples around.”

“Date? Couples?” Lana suddenly appears out of nowhere with Hayeon trailing behind her. “Who are we talking about?”

“Wait, don’t you guys have something to do?” Taehyung asked as to why they’re suddenly here.

“You see, our Taehyung here likes someone.” Hoseok revealed.

“OMG who?!” Both Lana and Hayeon asked in unison.

“Wait! Wait! Wait!” Taehyung stopped in his tracks, thinking the others will stop with their assumption as well. “I’m not sure yet if I like that person!”

The others halted as well.

“If you’re not sure yet, I can help you realize if you really do or do not.” Lana offers.

Taehyung doesn’t know what is going on or if he is even ready for this talk yet so Hoseok replied on behalf of him as if he is his representative. “Let’s hear it.”

 

 

 

All four of them are huddled together in the middle of the walkway as they are about to talk something confidential, though they look more like they are plotting something from the eyes of passersby.

“Well, it’s simple really.” Lana starts. “The way to determine if you like someone as a person or a friend or if you like that someone romantically is whether you wanna do l e w d things with them or not.”

 

Taehyung choked on his saliva and had a sudden cough attack.

 

The huddle instantly broke when the others backed away from him.

 

When Taehyung had recovered from Lana’s vulgar suggestion, she pats his shoulder and the huddle is back.

“Lana please don’t use such indecent words. Taehyung and Hayeon’s ears and minds are still innocent.” Hoseok said.

Somehow the youngest Hayeon has been dragged into the topic and it has turned into a lesson not just for one but two.

“Okay, then.” Lana tries again, simply this time. “Let’s put it this way. You can admire a person’s face as handsome or pretty, that’s normal and doesn’t necessarily mean you have romantic feelings for that person. But if you look at that person’s face and think that you wanna kiss them, then you do like them that way.”

 

Taehyung gasp.

 

All three turned to him and they started talking to themselves at the same time.

 

At this point, Taehyung couldn’t hear what they were saying because he is like experiencing an epiphany. The sudden and striking realization that what he might be feeling right now is actual feelings towards his roommate. That would explain the somberness of tutorial lessons being over, the fascination on Jin’s lips and the thundering throbs. “Oh my god.”

 

Hayeon cheers. “You do like someone!”

“Do you want my advice?” Lana added.

“Let’s all calm down shall we.” Hoseok speaks up, trying to stop Lana from giving risky advice.

“What…?” Taehyung is still trying to catch up at what was happening.

“Why don’t you ask the person out to dinner?” Hoseok suggests.

Taehyung thinks about it. “Dinner?” He and Jin were together last night but that didn’t actually count as dinner, because technically, they didn’t eat together.

“Yeah. Relationships usually start after talking and eating.”

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

The girls had something to do so they went on their way after the talk earlier.

When the two boys arrived in the student council office, Hoseok was called in by the other representatives so he had to go in first.

Taehyung went along with him because he wanted to talk to Jin but the senior isn’t in yet so he stood outside, waiting.

 

Not long after, Jin appears with Taeyeon and Seongwu.

Taehyung was relieved that Yoongi was not with them and that his roommate is the only one that knew of his embarrassing behavior earlier during lunch. He greeted t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter