discern

My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“When I said that I’d buy you dinner, I meant that for the two of us to eat together. Not me eating by myself with sunbae accompanying me.” Taehyung said as he finishes up the last spoonful of his bibimbap, while Jin is sitting opposite him watching and waiting for him to be done. He feels like a kid being fed and looked after by his roommate.

“Like I said, I haven’t eaten dinner yet, it’s just that I got full from all the water I drank while waiting for you.” Jin replied, a paper bag on the table in front of him. He was feeling quite full earlier when they ordered so he opted for his dinner for takeout instead and plans to eat it back at the dorm.

“So you did wait for me.” The freshman beamed as he gulped down his carbonated drink.

The senior didn’t respond but instead grabbed the paper bag getting ready to leave. “Hurry up. It’s getting late.”

 

 

=

 

 

Taehyung didn’t realize how long he was in the shower until he came out of the bathroom and realized his roommate, who was eating his take-out dinner earlier when they arrived, had already finished and is now sitting on his desk.

 

He wanted to say something but Jin looked like he was focused on what he was reading. So he settled in his bed instead. Doing so as quietly as possible. His eyes never leave Jin’s back.

 

 

 

Many minutes had passed and Taehyung started to feel his eyelids getting heavier and heavier. He initially intended to wait for Jin to finish, but it seems that his roommate is determined in what he was doing and is showing no signs of stopping anytime soon.

Still he didn’t want to go to sleep tonight without letting Jin hear the words he wanted to convey.

 

“Sunbae.” He calls.

 

Jin didn’t spare him a glance, didn’t even move an inch, but replied. “What?”

 

“Sunbae~”

 

Jin sighs. As if letting out the exhaustion for the day, he has no more strength left to converse with his roommate. Not to mention the document he is reading is quite important to be disturbed and have his attention divided.

 

Taehyung can feel the senior’s annoyance despite the other not uttering a single word.

 

Jin still didn’t turn to face him. “If you have something to say just say it.”

 

Taehyung tears his eyes away from the senior’s back, suddenly feeling his heart beating faster than earlier, nervous of getting scolded. He stared at the ceiling instead. “Sorry about earlier and thank you for accompanying me to dinner.” His voice husky yet soothing, with a hint of affection. “I promise next time I won’t be gone at night without letting you know.”

 

Hearing those words, Jin stopped reading.

He finally turns to his roommate.

But said roommate had already decided to sleep, or more like had his eyes closed. Jin knows Taehyung is still awake, no one dozes off in just a few seconds unless drunk.

 

Taehyung didn’t need a reply from Jin. He just wanted for his roommate to hear what he wanted to say.

 

What Taehyung said was simple, but Jin didn’t know why he had the reaction he had just now especially about the latter part. His roommate didn't need to make a promise but, what was with his reaction exactly? 

Jin shakes his head and quietly turns his attention back to the documents he was reading.

 

 

 

Few minutes passed, and he kept rereading the same paragraph because he couldn’t seem to understand the simple words written on it.

 

He sighs.

 

Closed the folder.

 

And heads to bed.

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

“Taehyung someone is looking for you.” Hayeon informed Taehyung who was sitting in the lecture hall.

“Who?” Lana asked as soon as Taehyung left their table to go outside.

Hayeon shakes her head. “I don’t know, but I think she’s a sunbae.”

“Oh it’s a girl?” Lana raised an eyebrow out of curiosity.

 

 

=

 

 

“Good morning Taetae.” Jin calls out as soon as he arrives at the balcony where she was standing, waiting for him.

“Good morning! Sorry for calling you out here.” Taeyeon said as soon as she saw him. “Are you on your way to the second period?”

“Yes, but don’t worry…” He checks the audemars piguet watch on his left wrist. “…I’ve got enough time to chat.”

“Here.” She hands him an envelope. “It’s the complete list of the donors.”

Jin accepts the envelope. The students of the social science faculty didn’t need to do any fundraising this year for the spring festival events as the expenses are being shouldered by alumni of the international studies and political science departments. All they have to do is have fun during the three-day festival.

“Also, Seongwu is waiting for the documents.” She reminded him. “Have you signed them already?”

“Ah, about that…” His voice trails off. He was supposed to review and sign the said documents last night. But he couldn’t focus at all so he hasn’t signed them yet. He never puts his name on anything he hasn’t read, reviewed and checked multiple times. Something he'd learn from his father. 

“If you’re busy, give it to me. I can review it for you.” She offered. “I’m your VP after all.”

Jin usually doesn’t get distracted easily. He is the type of person to focus on a task then complete it even before the deadline.

“Or we can review it together during lunch so you can sign it and then Seongwu can submit it to the dean’s office before the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter