awake

My Way To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jin was left there to reflect on what just happened.

Not for long though because after his roommate left their room, there was a sudden blackout.

It was pitch black.

Jin remembered that time Taehyung shared his childhood of being claustrophobic.

The corridors had emergency lights on each ends but the rooms didn’t have any. It’s usually students’ initiative whether to have hose in their rooms or not.

He immediately left the room and dials his roommate’s number as he runs towards the elevator. He tried a few times but all it said was the number he is trying to reach is out of coverage area. When he got to the elevator, there was a flickering light on the number 3 before totally turning off. He thinks that might be the floor the elevator is stuck in at the moment. Worried, Jin stopped trying to reach his roommate and tried contacting the dorm staff instead as he makes his way to the stairs down to the third floor.

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

Taehyung received a message from Hoseok the moment he got down to the lobby. Telling him Jungkook had joined the officers’ meeting to suggest a newly restaurant who was willing to cater the guests of the upcoming university festival in discounted price as part of their promotions as a newly opened business. Jin welcomed the suggestion because they were looking for good food to serve the alumni who are planning on visiting the faculty because they can’t just serve them the ones from the stalls which will most likely be street food. He was about to reply to thank Hoseok when his phone ran out of battery.

Taehyung pieced it together. It could be the reason why Jin went with Jungkook, to check out the food before giving the green light to serve it during the festival. He’s the faculty president after all. He sighs. Disappointed at himself for overreacting and getting worked up. To think Jin actually bought some food back for him.

 

He initially wanted to cool his head off by taking a stroll to the lobby but when the sudden blackout happened, he got worried for his roommate he left alone in their room so he sprints back up. He just missed Jin who was already on the third floor by the elevator. So when he got back to their room, it was empty. He went out again and noticed the elevator. Thinking Jin might’ve gone out to look for him but got stuck in the elevator instead. He used the stairs again, checking the hallways in every floor and calling out his roommate’s name by the elevator, just in case he hears an answer.

It was when he arrived at the third floor that he heard voices from the hallway.

Students don’t usually go out when there is a blackout unless there’s a reason. Not to mention it was already quite late, many are probably sound asleep.

 

Taehyung saw two men wearing university ‘staff’ shirt working on trying to get the elevator doors opened, so he assumes they are maintenance workers. And behind them was Jin persistently to persuading them to hurry up. His chest ache a little, moved by the scene. Jin did listen to him when he told him that traumatic childhood experience he had back then. He also noticed hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter