Chapter 8

Loving Ms Heiress

A few days had past. Wonyoung and Yujin's friendship seemed to be blooming. Their friends had never imagined the two would grow close. Their childish banter sounded more like flirting. It was getting a bit hard for the people around them to stand. Today, the student council had joined the F4, Wonyoung and her friends at one table. Of course, they were the centre of attention for all the students.

"Oh, God! Would the both of you stop flirting? You are poisoning our minds" Yena said exasperated. 

Wonyoung and Yujin turned to look at Yena before ignoring her as they continued their own conversation. Yena rolled her eyes before turning her attention towards Yuri. She had somehow fallen for the smaller girl and she was planning to court Yuri. Chaeyeon was sitting with Sakura as they were engaged in a conversation of their own. Hyewon was more focused on her food than an annoyed Miru beside her. It wasn't exactly a secret that Miru had a slight crush on Hyewon. Hyewon was extremely dense and it frustrated Miru to no end. Miru had given tons of hints but Hyewon never went further than a pat on the shoulder.

In the midst of all these couples, Hana was glum. She had absolutely no interest in the conversations around the table. Her attention was on Minjoo and Chaewon who just happened to be sitting together. She couldn't sit through the whole lunch just watching them. She stood up from her seat gaining attention from everyone as she stomped out of the cafeteria. 

"What's wrong with her this time? She has been getting mood swings these days" Yujin said.

The other two F4 members shrugged their shoulders. Chaewon on the other hand gave a small smirk. She was more than happy to see Hana's reaction. This is my payback, Jung Hana. You should feel the same pain that I have felt for 6 years. Chaewon thought to herself. Hana had walked towards the music room as she pushed the door open harshly. She opened the cabinets and took out her personal violin. She opened the case and unhooked the buckles as she took out the bow. She held the violin close to her and started to play. Her fingers moving expertly over the strings as she played Tchaikovsky's violin concerto in D major op.35. 

Her mind flashed back to Chaewon and Minjoo laughing together as she started to get distracted. Her anger influencing her playing. She pressed the strings harder and her bow moved faster. The violin couldn't stand her angry playing as the string snapped. She finally stopped playing as both her hand went limp. Blood flowed down the violin as it stained her white dress shirt. The blood had begun to pool as it made a small puddle staining Hana's shoes.  Eunbi who had gone after Hana was shocked when she saw blood. She ran towards Hana and made her drop the violin as she held up Hana's left hand. She saw a large deep gash across Hana's hand. Eunbi saw Hana's eyes were wet. Hana who noticed Eunbi broke down into tears as she fell to the floor. 

"Tell me why. Why does it hurt so much?" Hana said in between sobs. 

Eunbi knew Hana wasn't crying because of her wound. She was crying because of a certain girl and it hurt Eunbi to see Hana this way. 

"Let's head for the hospital, Hana" Eunbi said hurriedly.

She grabbed her handkerchief and pressed it against Hana's hand. She then pulled Hana up from the floor as they left the music room. Chaewon and Minjoo happened to be walking and saw Eunbi and Hana together. As Eunbi and Hana came closer to Chaewon and Minjoo, they saw Eunbi pressing a handkerchief on Hana's hand. The yellow handkerchief had turned ruby red. 

"What happened to Hana's hand?" Minjoo asked shocked. 

Chaewon didn't say anything but she herself was stunned. Eunbi stared at the both of them blankly before hurrying past them ignoring them. She had no time to waste. Her driver was already at the entrance as he opened the door for the both of them. 

"Get us to the nearest hospital. Hurry!" Eunbi commanded. 

The driver stepped on the fuel as he headed to the nearest hospital. Once they had arrived, Eunbi immediately opened the door without waiting for her driver. Hana just followed Eunbi emotionlessly as Eunbi screamed for help. The nurses and doctors nearby saw Hana and took her with them. Eunbi wasn't allowed in the treatment room so she stood outside waiting anxiously for Hana. Not long after, the doctor and nurses came out. 

"How is she? Is she going to be alright?" Eunbi questioned the doctor. 

"Calm down, Miss Kwon. Miss Jung has a very deep and long gash across her left hand. I stitched up the wound and wrapped it with a bandage. It should heal in 3 weeks. She will be required to come back to the hospital to redo her bandages. I will administer some painkiller and anti-inflammatory medications for her. After doing the paperwork, Miss Jung can go" the doctor said. 

"I understand. The Jung Family has their own family doctor so it is not necessary for Hana to return to the hospital. Thank you for your help, doctor" Eunbi said. 

The doctor nodded and left. Eunbi walked into the treatment room and saw Hana staring at her hand. 

"Don't worry. If your hand scars, we can always have the best plastic surgeon to operate on it. It will be good as new" Eunbi said. 

Hana gave Eunbi a small smile. 

"Thank you. If you didn't find me then I probably would have bled to death" Hana said softly. 

"Don't say that. I'm just lucky that I got to the music room in time" Eunbi said. 

"How did you know I was in the music room?" Hana asked. 

"I didn't. When I saw you left the cafeteria, I tried to go after you but you were already gone. I walked around the school when I heard the sound of a violin playing. I knew that there was no one who could play like that except you so I hurried to the music room. Then, I saw you" Eunbi said. 

Before Hana could say anything, the door opened with such force that it shocked Hana and Eunbi. Hana saw that it was Yujin and the rest of the F4. 

"Yujin?" Hana said. 

"Yah! Jung Hana, what the hell happened to you?" Yujin asked. 

"We heard from Chaewon and Minjoo. They came back to us and told us that they saw Eunbi rushing out of the school with you and that your hand was bloody. After we heard that, all of us rushed here. We figured that you would come to the nearest hospital" Chaeyeon said.

"Again. What happened to you?" Yujin asked. 

"I was playing the violin when the string snapped. Thankfully, Eunbi found me in time and took me to the hospital" Hana said. 

"You should have been more careful. You could have damaged your hand" Hyewon said. 

Hana gave them a comforting smile and said "I'm sorry I worried everyone. I'm fine now". 

"After your hand heals, I will call Doctor Andrews. I'm sure he will get rid of the scar" Yujin said. 

"Thank you, Yujin" Hana said gratefully. 

The door opened once more. Chaewon and Minjoo walked through the door. Hana's face turned grim. 

"We just came to check on you" Minjoo said. 

Hana turned away and said coldly "Leave. Both of you. I don't wish to be disturbed by people I am not close with".

Her words were so cold. Minjoo was somehow hurt because Hana was always warm and kind towards her. 

"Fine. Come on then, Minjoo. You've seen her and she has expressed her wish for us to leave" Chaewon said. 

"I hope you get better soon" Minjoo said. 

Hana however didn't even turn to look at her once. Minjoo left the room feeling dejected. Hana on the other hand was dying from the pain in her heart. With her back to her friends, her tears flowed unknowingly. Kim Minjoo. Since you like Kim Chaewon so much, I will let you go. I hope for your sake that she feels the same.