Chapter 14

Loving Ms Heiress

Sakura dreaded going to school the next day. How was she ever going to face the younger girl again? There was no way her dignity was still intact. She was deep in thoughts, figuring out what she would say to Chaeyeon or how she would act. Lost in her own thoughts, she bumped into someone, hearing the sound of fallen books hit the concrete floor. She leaned down muttering a small apology as she helped the girl in front of her pick up the books, her eyes narrowed on a photograph of Chaeyeon smiling. As she was about to pick the photo up, it was snatched from her sight. The girl in front of her hurriedly hid the photo inside one of the books, bowing repeatedly before making a rushed exit. 

Sakura turned her body, her eyes following the girl from earlier, memorising her features as she made it her mission to find out why someone would have Chaeyeon's picture. She continued walking into the administration block and headed towards her first class of the morning. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yujin panted, hiding herself behind one of the pillars as she checked her surroundings hoping she wasn't followed. The only thing on her mind was the fact that Miyawaki Sakura had seen the picture she secretly took of Chaeyeon. She bit her nails in anxiety as she shook her head. It was nothing. It's normal to idolise someone, everyone does, she was no different except the fact that Chaeyeon was to be hers. She had a crazed smile on her face as she thought about Chaeyeon smiling to her, talking to her and being hers.

She took out the photo from one of her books, looking about how perfect Chaeyeon was, caressing the picture as she held it close to her body. Nothing was going to stand in between her and Chaeyeon. She hid the picture once again and walked away. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakura had just finished class, sighing as she flopped onto her table with a exasperated look. 

"You're in a bad mood as well. Great! That makes two of us." 

Sakura lifts her head and sees Eunbi. The usual calm President seem to sport a heavy frown. Something must be wrong. It was either that or it was her time of the month. Sakura believes the latter was not it. 

"What's up with you?" 

"Girl problems." 

Sakura snorted to which Eunbi sent a glare her way but Sakura barely registered it as she waved it off. 

"What about you? I was surprised when you sent me a text that you wouldn't be coming to school yesterday. You aren't usually the type to miss school" Eunbi says.

Sakura's cheeks turned pink at the thought of two nights before. She clears hoping Eunbi didn't see her obvious blush. 

"It's nothing. I overworked myself and overslept," Sakure lies through her teeth. 

Deciding not to question Sakura, Eunbi merely nods and accepts her answer. 

"What girl problems are you having? For someone of your status and reputation, I would expect your love life to be b with suitors" Sakura says dramatically. 

Eunbi scoffs, "Yeah except the one I want doesn't seem to want to acknowledge my feelings." 

Sakura arches a brow. She's known of Eunbi's love for Hana for years. The fact was that Hana didn't like Eunbi in the way Eunbi hoped she would instead treating her as a friend. Sakura couldn't say much because it would only make Eunbi feel worse so she maintained her silence. She knew Hana liked Minjoo, it was that obvious but she guessed Minjoo was another kind of oblivious so when it came down to this love triangle, she was going to remain neutral. She was going to allow it to unfold on its own. 

"I'm going to head to the council room. You coming?" Eunbi questioned Sakura. 

Sakura nods, standing up from her chair, stretching a bit before grabbing her bag and following behind Eunbi. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The F4 members minus Hana were inside the lounge, spread across the room. Hyewon was at the consoles, playing games alone. Chaeyeon was seated on the bar stool, daydreaming as she stared out into the garden area. Yujin on the other hand was distracted by Wonyoung who she was texting. Their relationship was going well ever since that night. Well, they weren't exactly girlfriends but Yujin planned to ask Wonyoung at the midsummers ball. Her plan was already set. Once the second half of the dance started, she would lead Wonyoung out into the gardens and confessed their and once Wonyoung agrees, she would take Wonyoung back to the hall in time for the final dance. 

She smiles widely at the thought of Wonyoung being her girlfriend. She never expected to find someone like Wonyoung but boy was she glad. The girl was her reason for smiling these days and she wasn't complaining. Hyewon drops her console drawing both Chaeyeon and Yujin's attention. 

"Hey, Hyewon. What's wrong? Did you lose?" Yujin asks from where she sat. 

Hyewon doesn't say a word, picking the console back up and leaving it on the table before walking out of the lounge. Yujin tilted her head wondering what was wrong this time. She turns to look at Chaeyeon, her attention was back on the garden outside. She wonders what was wrong with the F4 members these days. With Hana refusing to attend school with the excuse of her injured hand, Hyewon and Chaeyeon's odd attitudes, she was at a loss. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyewon on the other hand was attempting to escape school. Emphasis on the attempt. She was caught by the person she hoped to avoid. Shiroma Miru. 

"You do realise it is still school hours?" 

The Japanese girl stood with her hands on her waist, her brows arched questioningly. Hyewon held her car door half open, turning her body to look at Miru. 

"And you do understand that it is my choice whether I want to leave school or not. You can't decide for me."

"Are you leaving because of what I said? Is that it?" Miru asks sadly. 

Hyewon freezes at the question.

She closes her eyes, taking a deep breath, "Don't take this the wrong way but your words aren't enough to influence my actions. I hope you understand that." 

Hyewon hops into her white range rover, closing the door as she starts the engine and drives out of the lot leaving a heartbroken Miru. Inside the car, Hyewon peers into her rearview mirror, seeing the saddened Miru made her heart ache so she turned away, opting to concentrate on the road instead. She drove to the one person she knew would listen to her - no questions asked. She arrived at the mansion, parking in the driveway as she hopped out of the car and walked into the house. The butler bowed, recognising Hyewon. 

"Miss Hyewon. We weren't informed of your visit" the butler says formally. 

"Is Hana home? I need to see her" Hyewon says urgently. 

"Yes, of course. She is in her room" the butler answers. 

Hyewon nods as she thanks the butler before making her way up to Hana's room. She was already familiar with the routes in the house. She arrives in front of Hana's room, not bothering to knock as she turns the knob of the door, pushing the door open - sauntering in like she owned the place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hana was seated in front of her television, watching random movies that peeked her interests when the door into her room burst open revealing Hyewon. Hana arched her brows at Hyewon. 

"Do you not know how to knock, Kang Hyewon?" Hana questions the girl. 

Hyewon plops herself on the couch beside Hana. 

"I think I've passed the phase where formalities are needed, Hana. So, no." 

Hana rolls her eyes as she turned the volume down, sensing Hyewon's mood. She could tell that the girl was having a rough day. 

"What happened? You don't usually come to find me unless something terrible has happened" Hana says, pausing as she turns to look at Hyewon, "Is it your family?" 

"No. It's not them" Hyewon pipes up. 

Hana breathes a sigh of relief, "So, what is it about or rather who?"

Hyewon leaned her head back onto the couch's soft material feeling her head spinning. 

"It's Miru." 

That's right. She lied. Shiroma Miru was the reason behind her sudden mood. The reason why she needed to leave school because she simply couldn't think knowing that she could run into the girl at any given time. The only person who could affect her this much was Miru but she didn't want to admit it. Not after what happened in the past. She didn't want to re-live the past but it was happening all over again. 

"Oh. Did she confess to you? Is that why you're acting this way?" 

Hyewon sighs deeply, turning her head to see a frowning Hana. Hana was the only one who knew about her past. She swore Hana to silence for life, not even telling the other F4 members about it. It was a chapter in her life which she wished she could just erase and forget.

"She told me that she loved me, Hana. She said that if I gave her a chance, she promised to be the perfect girlfriend." 

Flashback 

Hyewon was walking to the lounge after class, doubling her speed because she wanted to eat her snacks. She stopped when she heard someone calling out to her. 

"Hyewon-ssi!" 

She turned to the back and saw the school's treasurer, Miru running towards her. She was confused as to why Miru would suddenly call for her. She didn't remember doing anything wrong. 

"How can I help you?" Hyewon asked confused by the sudden meeting. 

"I have something I want to tell you" Miru says shyly.

Hyewon looks at Miru with a confused look. She wished Miru would just hurry and say whatever she wished to say so she could get back on track to getting her food. 

"I like -- no, I love you, Hyewon-ssi" Miru confessed outloud making Hyewon freeze as she heard the taboo words. 

"I have loved you since the first time I saw you in first year. You may seem a little blunt but you were kind to those around you and you protect those you love and I admire you for that. If you would give me the chance to love you, I promise to do everything I can to be the perfect girlfriend for you. Please accept my feelings" Miru says in one breath, bowing earnestly hoping that Hyewon would accept her feelings. 

Hyewon gulped in fear as she instantly took off in the other direction shocking Miru. Hyewon missed the look of disappointment of Miru's face as she tried to run as far away as she could. Hyewon arrived at the lounge, hiding herself in the gaming corner, turning on the game hoping that it would take her mind off it but Miru's confession reverberated through her mind like a tape causing her to lose grip on the console. 

End 

Hyewon had finished recounting the incident to Hana who listened without interrupting. 

"Are you afraid that what happened in the past is going to repeat itself again?" Hana asks. 

Hyewon nods slowly, her knees moving up to her chest as she placed her head between her legs. The memories she prayed would never come back was resurfacing and she didn't like it one bit - she didn't want it. She felt a warm hand upon her shoulder as she peered up a little to see Hana's warm smile. 

"I know you're afraid, Hyewon - but maybe, just maybe she is the one who will break you out of your past. I know with your family and her", Hyewon winced when Hana mentioned those two, "I understand why you would fear having someone say they like you, Hyewon but you deserve to be love as well. You just need to be brave and trust that she isn't going to break your heart. I can tell that you feel something for her as well but because of the stigma of your past, you are forcing yourself to forget. Don't allow what happened in the past to define your future, won-ah. It isn't worth letting go of someone who truly loves you. You don't want to spend your whole life regretting now, do you?" 

Hyewon knew Hana was right. As much as she hated to admit it, Hana was spot on. She sighed again, allowing the weight of Hana's words to sink in. 

"Fine" Hyewon muttered.

"You will be fine, Won-ah. If she breaks your heart, I'll make her pay in the worst way possible then I'll open up my place for you to bawl and provide a ton of your favourite food like I did before", Hana chuckles, "Though I'm convinced this one is going to be different." 

Hyewon groans, "You're lucky you're my best friend. If not, I would have pushed you down from here for even convincing me to do this. Also, stop calling me won! That nickname died down years ago!" 

Hana laughs out loud, shaking her head, "No way! I'm calling you whatever I want." 

"Whatever" Hyewon mutters annoyedly. 

Hana stops laughing, a smile replacing it instead. 

"How's your hand?" Hyewon asks, looking at Hana's bandaged hand. 

"Hurts but it's alright. Mum freaked out though. Says she wants to throw all my violins into the trash can" Hana chuckles. 

"Serves you right. What actually happened? There is no way for you to suddenly hurt yourself after years of playing the violin. Not to mention, the tension between you, Eunbi, Chaewon and Minjoo. It was suffocating to say the least" Hyewon was quick to say. 

"Minjoo likes Chaewon and Chaewon is only together with Minjoo to get back at me. Every time I see them together, something in me just hurts. That day was the last straw for me, there is only so much I can take before cracking so I realised everything onto the violin and it just snapped from how hard I was playing. I promised myself that day. That I would stay away from Minjoo since she liked Chaewon" Hana says sadly, her eyes now focused upon the floor. 

"What about Eunbi? You aren't dense, I'm sure. You can see her feelings for you. Why don't you accept them?" Hyewon asks. 

"Because I only see her as a friend, Hyewon. I'm not dumb neither am I dense. I can see her feelings for me but I can't accept it. That wouldn't be fair for her. To give her false hope." 

It was Hana's turn to sigh, "She came to me yesterday. She asked me to the midsummers ball." 

Hyewon was quick to ask "And what did you reply? You do know that by going to the midsummers ball together, it means you and her are together." 

"I agreed to go - but only as a friend." 

Hyewon shakes her head, "You truly are one of a kind, Jung Hana. You rejected the girl in the worst way possible by calling her a friend." 

"I called her what she is to me, Hyewon. A friend. I won't sit here and lie to her, giving her hope when I'm not even sure if there is any" Hana says with a hint of annoyance. 

"You are literally going against what you just told me earlier. You aren't giving her a chance, Hana." 

"Our situations are different, Hyewon. You and Miru have mutual feelings, me and Eunbi do not. That's it. End of conversation." 

Hyewon rolls her eyes. She knew once Hana says that, it truly was the end of the conversation. She didn't plan to infuriating the girl so she let the conversation go. They spent the rest of the day watching action movies and after dinner, Hyewon leaves Hana's house but not before telling her to get her back to school to which Hana flashed the middle finger with her good hand. 


Preview 

"You're a creep, aren't you?"

"She doesn't belong to you! She is mine!" 

"Oh we'll see about that, stalker. If she will choose me or you, though I suggest you stay far from her"