Chapter 12

Loving Ms Heiress

Hana was lounging around on her couch. Most people would say that her room resembled more of an apartment since it was separated. She had her own living room, a separate bedroom, a walk-in wardrobe and a large bathroom. It was her mother's idea of giving Hana her own private space. Also, her room was so much better than the hell called school. She had no intentions of attending school if it meant watching Minjoo and Chaewon flirting.

She held up her bandaged arm. She remembered earning an earful from her mother who had screamed at the sight of Hana's hand. Despite being on the other side of the globe, her mother could still produce a dolphin shriek through the TV screen. She had made sure that Hana called her once a week whenever she was on a trip and clearly she did not expect to see her daughter with a bandaged arm. 

Hana sighed deeply. A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. 

"Young Miss, you have a visitor" 

Hana got up from the couch and walked to the door. She opened it revealing the butler and Eunbi. Hana waved the butler away as he left the two alone. Hana allowed Eunbi into her room. 

Image result for billionaire condo living room (Living room)  Related image (Hana's room) 

"Shouldn't you be in school" Hana asked as she plopped herself back onto the couch and crossed her legs. 

"I should be asking you the same thing but we'll call it even" Eunbi retorted. 

Hana chuckled lightly. 

"How's your hand? You are taking the meds? Right?" Eunbi questioned. 

"Yes, I have. Stop worrying! My mother says that she will be back in a week. She will bring me to the doctors herself" Hana said. 

Eunbi didn't look any less concerned. Her brows furrowed. 

"Seriously though, why are you here? You need something?" Hana asked. 

"Next week is the annual midsummers ball. I don't suppose you remember?" Eunbi asked with an arch brow. 

Hana shrugged in response. 

"I may or may not have heard from Chaeyeon. What about it?" Hana asked. 

"I want you to be my date" Eunbi said immediately. 

Now, it was Hana's turn to arch her brow questioningly. Eunbi looked away, blushing under Hana's intense stares. 

"Why me? If you can give me a valid reason, then I'll tell you my answer" Hana replied.

Eunbi was caught off guard as she fumbled to reply. 

"Because it's you. Because I like you. And if we were to appear together at the midsummers ball then it would confirm something" Eunbi said. 

"Eunbi-ah" Hana called out. 

Eunbi was suppose to be happy but she didn't like the way Hana called her name. So cold. So distant. 

"I'll be your date" Hana said. 

Eunbi perked up at the sound of that however Hana wasn't done. 

"But as a friend. You know I don't like you that way" Hana said apologetic. 

Eunbi swallowed her pain and forced a smile. 

"It's okay. I understand. As a friend" Eunbi said. 

Eunbi stood up as she made up a lame excuse to leave. She waved goodbye before leaving the mansion and got into her car. As soon as she entered the car, she felt hot tears spilling. She covered to hide her sobs. She had been rejected. In the worse way possible. After years of loving Hana, she didn't want to be called a friend. She hoped that one day, Hana would see her love and reciprocate it but considering their recent conversation, that wasn't remotely possible.

Kwon Eunbi had just been friendzoned. And she didn't know what else to do.