Chapter 19

Loving Ms Heiress

Hello, its your author here! I'm very sorry for taking so long to complete this story, I'm trying my best to finish writing but it shouldnt be too long now. After this chapter, I'm thinking of having the next chapter as the last chapter. I'd like to thank everyone for the patience and the love for this story. Please excuse any mistakes made below :)


 

Kwon Residence 

8.30 a.m. 

"Eunbi, wake up. Wake up!!" 

The poor girl is rudely awoken from her sleep when her duvet is ripped off her body in one rough pull. Sh groans in annoyance as her eyes flutter open, adjusting to the bright environment compliments of the sun rays streaming through her bedroom windows. She blinks the sleep out of her eyes, her vision clears as she finds her mother staring down at her with an unimpressed face. She widens her eyes in shock as she scrambles to get up from bed. 

"M...Mom." 

Kwon Yuri stares at her oldest daughter with a stern glare. Eunbi averts her eyes immediately, feeling bare under the eyes of her mother. Wasn't her mother supposed to be in Los Angeles filming for Masterchef or something? Why was she back so soon? 

"I see you're finally awake enough for your brain to begin turning, dear daughter," Yuri starts, startling Eunbi. "Head maid Eunsom has been reporting  that since the night of the dance, you have been refusing to attend school. You want to explain why is that?" 

The night of the dance remains a sensitive topic to Eunbi. A nightmarish affair of which she wishes to remember none of it. Eunbi's mind flashes back to Chaewon, the younger girl who refused to leave her side even after she rudely told her off and brought her to the hospital. The one who confessed to her. The one that Eunbi has hurt over and over again without caring. Guilt rises from her chest up to her mind.

"I know you're hurt, Eunbi," Yuri sighs, taking a seat on the side of Eunbi's bed. "I was worried when head maid Eunsom said you got hurt; I was closed to cancelling all my schedules to come home but filming had already began. After filming ended, I took the first flight to come home because I wanted to see you in flesh. Now, won't you tell your poor mother why you've been skipping? The Eunbi I know would go to school even if she went through a surgery the day before." 

Eunbi lays her back against the headboard, sighing with her head tilted down. 

"I made a mistake, mom." 

"Oh?" 

"I used to think that in anything, as long as I put in enough time and effort, I would be able to have it. I wanted Hana, mom. I fell in love with her and I just , all I wanted was for her to look at me," Eunbi says weakly. "I did everything I could to grab her attention and in the process, I hurt a lot of people but I didn't care as long as Hana was mine. I was so selfish and by the time I realised it, it was already too late. I became a monster, mom." 

Her eyes brim with tears; she was slow to realise that her actions had its consequences - Chaewon, Minjoo and even Hana. She thought what she was doing was the right one - the best one but all it did was drive people further away from her. Her love ended up suffocating Hana and driving a wedge between Chaewon and Hana. She didn't hate Minjoo, she just projected her faults upon the poor girl - she needed a scapegoat to blame for her sufferings and she chose the weakest of them.

She feels her mother pulling her into an embrace; it was warm, so warm and her tears roll down her cheeks as she buries her face into her mother's shoulder, sobbing loudly. Yuri's heart aches when she hears her daughter's sobs, the tears wets her cardigan but she pays it no heed. She focuses on comforting her daughter, rubbing large circles around her back and humming a song to calm Eunbi down. She gives Eunbi time to cry her eyes out and calm down before pulling back. 

She uses the sleeve of her cardigan to wipe off the remaining tears and little snot bubble. Yuri resists the urge to laugh at her daughter; her daughter who valued her image over a lot of things had a runny nose and red rimmed eyes with a rudolph red nose. In short, a mess but Yuri wasn't going to tell her that. 

"I don't know the extent of your troubles, Eunbi dear but if it was enough to make you cry this way, I would say it's pretty bad. However, humans make mistakes, Eunbi. No one is an exception to this, not even me. You are still young, still growing and it is normal to make mistakes but knowing you made a mistake and correcting them is important. It is not too late to ask for forgiveness, Eunbi. In the years I've known Hana, she's a kind soul, she'll listen to you and about Chaewon, I may not know her as well but I trust that sincerity and repentance will move anyone's heart. Take a chance, Eunbi, never lose hope in yourself and towards those around you." 

Eunbi nods silently. 

"Thank you, mom. I'm sorry for worrying you and for making you fly all the way home. I'll start attending school again tomorrow." 

Yuri smiles warmly, rubbing Eunbi's head affectionately. "Don't be sorry. It's my duty as a mother to come and check on you especially with your other mother busy. Don't worry about attending school for now. I called the school and told them you needed absolute rest, they understood so, be a dear and stay home until you get better."

"Okay, I will, mom. Thank you," Eunbi expresses gratefully. 

The two then decide to spend some quality mother daughter time watching movies in bed. 

 

----

 

Knock. Knock. 

"Young Miss, a visitor is here for you. A Miss Kim Chaewon."

Eunbi drops the book she was reading onto the table out of shock. She freaks out, not expecting the younger girl's visit after what happened the other night. She gulps nervously, feeling her heart rate increase, her head full with thoughts of why and what.

Knock. Knock. 

"Y..Yes," Eunbi stutters out. 

"Uhm, it's Chaewon here. Is it okay if I come in?" 

Eunbi's words are stuck in when she hears the familiar voice of the one and only Kim Chaewon. She grabs her phone and quickly swipes it open, checking her face in the camera to make sure she looks presentable and not like a person who has camped in her room for over two weeks. Her lips look a little pale so, she opens her side drawer and takes her lipgloss, unscrewing the lid and applying a little, smacking her lips together to make sure it was even. Feeling satisfied, she quickly screws the lid on and throws the small bottle back into its place, closing the drawer with a bang. 

"Come in!" Eunbi yells out, bracing herself to face Chaewon. 

The door into her room clicks open as Chaewon steps in carefully, still clad in her school uniform. 

She must have arrived right after classes ended. Eunbi silently thinks to herself.

The younger girl closes the door behind her and makes her way towards Eunbi with her eyes avoiding Eunbi's on purpose. She stands in front of Eunbi's desk and fumbles with her bag's zipper, pulling out a purple file and placing it on the desk. 

"I got all the work you've missed from the teachers along with notes from your classmates, Sakura in particular," Chaewon still doesn't look up, "I wanted to leave it with the guard but he said it would be best to hand it to you in person so, well, here I am." 

Eunbi takes the file, opening it carefully and pulling out the notes with handwriting she recognizes as Sakura's. She smiles fondly, thankful that Chaewon would do this. 

"Thank you, Chaewon. You didn't have to. After what I've done, I don't deserve your kindness nor your concern," Eunbi utters guiltily.

Chaewon's head finally rises to meet Eunbi's slightly dewy eyes. With the late afternoon's rays streaming in from her windows reflecting upon Chaewon, Eunbi wonders why she's never taken the chance to truly look at Chaewon. They've been friends for a while, well, if they could even be counted as friends. Even when they were close before, Eunbi's eyes were always on Hana and Chaewon's on Eunbi; the ultimate cliche of stories that ultimately ends with no happy ending. 

"No, you don't," Chaewon speaks up, her eyes bore holes into Eunbi who flinches in response at Chaewon's intense stare. "You don't deserve my care nor my attention but I can't help myself from doing so. No matter how much you push me away or hurt me, I always come back to you because it's you, Kwon Eunbi. The girl who has my heart in her hands. Despite everything that's happened, you still own it; what you do with it now that you know is entirely up to you, you could break it or," Chaewon's eyes soften. "--you could give me a chance." 

Eunbi is at a loss of words. Giving her a chance? But how could she? She's spent most of her time liking Hana that she's forgotten what its like to like others, she doesn't even know if she's ready yet. Her heart hasn't completely let go of Hana but was it bad that she's considering Chaewon's offer? The younger girl didn't lack in anything so why was it so hard for Eunbi to just take her hand? She silently scoffs; of course, she knows why. The amount of times she's hurt the younger girl was immesurable, it would be extremely thick skinned of her to take it.

Eunbi remembers her mother's words. 

It is not too late to ask for forgiveness, Eunbi. 

Her mother was right, before anything else, Chaewon, Hana and Minjoo deserves an apology. Even if they don't want it, at least then, Eunbi knows she tried. 

"I'm sorry, Chaewon," Eunbi musters the courage to say. "It took me a while to realize the extent of the damage I've caused especially towards you. I never stopped to think how my affections towards Hana would affect you, I didn't care enough to ask or see that you were hurting. I made you a monster, Chaewon, I..." Eunbi pauses as she swallows the heavy lump in , tears prick her eyes, threatening to fall at any second. "It's my fault, everything is my fault. I hurt you, Hana, Minjoo and everyone I care about because of my obsession. I don't know how I'm going to make it up to you, to everyone." 

Chaewon is visibly stunned by Eunbi's sudden apology, she reaches out her hand, wanting to comfort the older girl; she stops midway, her mind split on whether to do it or not. She gives up thinking and moves her hand to Eunbi's head, rubbing it softly. Eunbi slowly tilts her head up to find Chaewon gazing at her fondly. It would be a lie if Eunbi said she didn't feel a slight tug in her heartstrings, it was impossible not to feel it when Chaewon was so close and staring at her like she was the stars in the skies. 

Yes, Eunbi remembers now, there was a moment in her life that Kim Chaewon appeared much more attractive than Jung Hana. That moment was driven away by denial and the idea that she was only confused, that Hana was the one she should love. Now, Eunbi isn't so sure anymore. Was her denial truly because of her confusion and devotion to Hana or merely a smokescreen to cover that she may have liked Chaewon? 

"I accept your apology, Eunbi. Don't put all the blame on yourself, what I've done was my fault and my idea, not yours. Like I told Hana, the monster already existed and the both of you merely fed it, that's why it grew into an ugly, manipulative and hurtful one. We aren't that much different, just like you, I hurt Minjoo and Hana but I'm trying to make amends, Eunbi. I'm trying so you can try too," Chaewon says softly, bringing Eunbi's attention back to the present. 

Chaewon's words struck a chord in Eunbi's heart, her tears now free falling down her cheeks. She doesn't deserve Chaewon's forgiveness, she truly doesn't; if it were her, she would never forgive the person who caused her so much pain. That was the thing - Chaewon wasn't Eunbi. Chaewon was - is kind, forgiving, caring and so many things that Eunbi wasn't and she caused the girl to change. More guilt pours into Eunbi, forcing more tears to fall as Chaewon circles around the table to pull Eunbi into a tight hug. 

One hand Eunbi's hair and the other around the older girl's shoulder; at that point, Chaewon didn't think of anything but to comfort Eunbi, she didn't want to hesitate any longer. This time, she is going to brave and show Eunbi that she could be the person Eunbi needs. 

The person she could lean on. 

The person she could talk to with matters, no matter big or small or how insignificant, as long as Eunbi would talk, she would listen.

The person who would stay by her side as she cries. 

The person she'll think of first when life gets rough. 

Chaewon feels something wet staining her dress shirt but she pay it no heed, she focuses on the arms that reluctantly wraps around her instead. The sides of Chaewon's lips quirk up; she's happy with this - slowly, Chaewon thinks. She'll wait forever if she needs to because she's never been more sure. 

She's never been more sure that she only wants Kwon Eunbi - before and now, that fact hasn't changed.  

Eunbi on the other hand feels a new warmth blooming within her chest. Chaewon's hold is gentle and warm; it's comforting, her arms moving in a trance around Chaewon's upper half. Eunbi starts to enjoy the idea of being inside these arms every day, she could try, no, she will try. Because this feeling is the best she's felt in a long time. 

Kim Chaewon is the best feeling that Eunbi's had in a long, long time. 

 

----

 

Amidst the drama of a crazy stalker, love rectangle and numerous ridiculous rumors, the school appears to be the same. Another normal sunny school day. 

Miru steps out of her last class and smiles excitedly as she walks to find her girlfriend. As she approaches the next block, she sees the girl stomping out of the building sporting a rare angry frown. She jogs a little to catch up with Hyewon, catching her by the arm as she is greeted by an aggressive growl and fiery glare. Miru takes a step back, letting go of her girlfriend's arm in a mix of fear and shock. Hyewon's anger fades to the distance when she sees Miru staring at her with eyes wide open.

She takes a step closer to Miru, looking sorry as she takes Miru's hands into her own. She could feel Miru's hands shaking slightly; she berates herself for lashing out, Miru didn't deserve to be treated so harshly. She brings Miru's hands to her cheeks.

"I'm sorry," Hyewon mumbles out, full of remorse for scaring Miru. "I didn't know it was you. If I did, I wouldn't have...I would never hurt you on purpose." 

Miru shakes her head. "It's alright. Is something wrong? I've never seen you look so angry."

Hyewon doesn't say anything, the frown she sported earlier returns for a split second, vanishing the next but Miru sees it. She could tell the girl was highly agitated even if she speaks in a softer tone. Miru takes her hands away from Hyewon's grip, cupping the girl's face and squishing her cheeks together. Hyewon now resembles a pouty octopus which brings a smile to Miru's face. Hyewon makes no effort to stop her girlfriend because she loves the smile on Miru's face but if it were anyone else, she would not hesitate to kill them for even daring to come close.

"At least let me help you take your mind off it," Miru says, not letting go of Hyewon's face, her eye smile twinkling under the afternoon sun. 

Hyewon lets her smile slip, one that comes easily whenever Miru was around. She is about to allow Miru to do so until her phone chimes, reminding her of the main reason her anger surfaces. 

"As much as I want to say yes, I have to go deal with something right now but after, I'll come see you." 

Hyewon's hand softly caresses Miru's, turning her head slightly, planting a gentle kiss on the base of her palm. 

"I won't be long. I promise." 

With those words as a pledge, Hyewon takes a step away from Miru, waving her hand before turning and walking away. Miru hopes that whatever it is that bothers Hyewon, it would go away soon. 

 

----

 

Hyewon makes her way towards the side entrance of the academy, her eyes find a black BMW parked right outside, a tall male decked in a full suit waits beside the car. As she steps out of the bronze painted gate, the male moves to open the back door for her. She climbs into the car, settling herself onto the leather seat. She hears the door close with a soft thud, the male driver circles the car with haste and hops into the driver's seat. After starting the ignition, he waits for Hyewon's orders. 

"Head for the main residence." 

Without further questioning, the driver shifts the gear to drive and pulls away from the curb. Hyewon has a semblance of what awaits her once she reaches the main residence of the Kang Household. She is almost certain her family hates her, her worth remains as it was growing up; a puppet. One that they could control and use to their discretion. She grits her teeth in frustration, letting out an exasperated puff of air. She dreads the way over to the main residence, watching as the concrete jungle shifts into greener forest. 

Double paths lead to one road with only their vehicle travelling through it, that's how Hyewon knows they are fast approaching the Kang Household. Massive gold gates rises high from her view, opening slow but timed well for their vehicle to pass through into the Kang Household's estate. The main residence would appear magnificent from an outsider's point of view but for a person who grew within the walls, it is a house of horrors. 

The vehicle comes to a stop in front of the main residence's entrance. The doorman is ready to greet her the second the vehicle stops, opening the door as Hyewon gracefully slides out of the car. The staff of the house bow in respect, stepping aside for her to pass as she saunters into the main residence with confidence in every step. A butler greets her, causing her to halt midway in the hallway. 

"Welcome home, Lady Hyewon. Master has been waiting for you in his office. Please come this way." 

She nods and follows behind the butler as he leads her towards the office. Once there, the butler knocks on the door, receiving a 'Come in!' as the butler opens the door into the office. 

"Master, Lady Hyewon is here for you." 

Hyewon steps out from behind the butler, facing her an older man in his full 5'9 foot glory, dressed to the nines as usual in a custom made suit from Italy. His intense brown orbs stares down at her but she does not back down, matching the intensity of his stares with her own. 

Kang Min Hyun. Her prick of a father. 

"Thank you, Hyuk Jae. You may leave now." 

The butler bows slightly, retreating from the room and closing the door leaving the father and daughter alone. 

"It's been a while, Hyewon. Though we live on the same property, I feel like I never see you."

Hyewon stays in a different part of the estate, one farther from the main residence, a two story house. It was originally a guest house but became her private home when Hyewon decided that living at the main residence was suffocating for her. Her family gave in to her request and told her to do as she pleases hence, the reason why she rarely sees the rest of her family.

Instead of replying, she hums in acknowledgment. 

"Did you need something?" Hyewon asks, cutting to the point.

She finds small talk pointless especially when she was with her family. 

"Well, I hear that you began dating again, someone from the Shiroma clan," Kang Min Hyun. speaks, missing the look of murder that surfaces in Hyewon's eyes. "It would have been better for you to date a Miyawaki, their business would have served as a boost to our own but I supposed a Shiroma would do." 

Hyewon grits her teeth, resisting the urge to sock her father across his smug face. 

"Whoever I date is none of this family's problem. I'll date someone because I like them and not because it benefits this family. Their family status certainly doesn't matter to me nor should it concern you," Hyewon spats venomously. 

"Whatever I do is for your sake, Hyewon and for the family's good. If you date the wrong type of people, the family would suffer from the embarassment and numerous rumors that would damage our family's reputation," Kang Min Hyun retorts. 

"Leave me alone!" Hyewon snaps angrily. "After all, you never truly cared for me anyways. All you care about is using me for your own benefit. I am nothing but a puppet under your strings, for you to control and throw aside when I am not needed. If you could, you would sell me away if it meant this family would benefit!!" 

He stomps over from behind his desk, raising his arm and brings it down to slap her. The sound of the slap echoes throughout the room, shocking both of them - one gaping at his actions and the other holding her face, the searing heat scorching against her cheek. Hyewon begins to laugh - bitterly and out of pure hatred. She tilts her head up from the side, her sharp eyes peaking through the mop of brown hair that falls across her face after the heavy slap. She runs a hand through her hair, pushing it back as she glares pointedly at her father. 

The older man looks back at her with remorse written across his face. He didn't mean to but her accusations went overboard and before he knew it, the slap had already happened. 

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to but you were too much!" 

Hyewon lets out another condescending chuckle. "What? I hit a nerve or something? You don't care about me, none of you do. Did you think by transferring millions to my account equates care? No, it isn't. It's merely compensation for all the you put me through - for ruining my life and making me miserable! How was my words too much?! Tell me! You know I'm right anyways."

"KANG HYEWON!" Kang Min Hyun screams. 

"WHAT!" Hyewon returns with equal volume. 

Kang Min Hyun stands stunned by his daughter's defiance. Her usual cold facade cracks, her face filled with a mixed of emotions. 

"You've never made the effort to care for me. I'm your daughter! Your flesh and blood! But here you are treating me like an object instead of a human being with actual feelings, actual thoughts and a beating heart! I've tried every possible way to make you see that but you're blinded by your own greed that all my efforts fall onto deaf ears! At some point I stopped caring, I stopped hoping because I knew that at the end of the day, I mean nothing to this family unless I prove my worth." 

Hyewon's shoulders sink down heavily. She was exhausted, she really was. She didn't wish to be born into this family, if she could, she just wanted to be in a family who cared for her, who treated her like an actual daughter and not an object up for trade. 

"Hyewon, I..." Kang Min Hyun's words are cut off when the door into the office bursts open. "Lady Hana, you cannot enter!" 

Hana appears valiantly through the doors with a panicked Hyuk Jae trailing behind her. The girl is unfazed by the butler's attempts to stop her, her eyes darting between Hyewon and Kang Min Hyun whose eyes fall upon her. 

"I apologize for the intrusion, uncle Kang," Hana says, shooting Hyewon a comforting smile. "I'm here to pick Hyewon up for her date. She is a tad late."

Despite the playful smile Hana sports, her eyes depict a different tale - a darker and more dangerous one. 

"We were in the middle of a talk, Hana. Perhaps your event can wait," Kang Min Hyun speaks. 

"I'm afraid not, uncle. Plus, I think you've done enough for the day, don't you think?" Hana smiles mysteriously. "Come along Hyewon, let's go!" 

Hyewon moves from her spot, not sparing another look at her father as she stands behind Hana, seeking refuge in her best friend. Hana bows, whipping around gracefully as she takes Hyewon's hand into her own, pulling her with her. Not even a step later, Kang Min Hyun calls out. 

"Wait! I am not done!" 

Hana heaves a deep sigh, letting go of Hyewon's hand. Hyewon stares at Hana with watery eyes as Hana sends a reassuring look her way. 

"Head out to the car first, okay? Driver Yoon is on standby. I won't be long." 

Hana nudges Hyewon along, Hyewon reluctantly leaving, her eyes staying upon Hana until she turn the corner. Hana's face turns cold as she walks back into the office, her aura darkening with each step she takes towards the Kang elder. She stops a few steps away, meeting his eyes with a dark glint in her eyes, sending shiver down the spine of the Kang elder. He would never admit it verbally but in the years he's known the young teen, he could tell she is a fearful force that should not be tempered with. 

"Uncle Kang. Please excuse my next words but I believe it is necessary for you to understand that Hyewon is no longer a child. She is old enough to make her own decisions and live with the choices she makes. You as her parent should be supportive however, instead of doing that, you berate her, throw her into a pit of vipers and tell her that every choice she makes are wrong and insist that you are in the right," Hana utters without faltering once. 

She notices the Kang elder opening his mouth to counter her statements but she is far from done. She raises a hand to silence the man. 

"I am not quite done. Hyewon has grown up finely despite all the nonsense that you have thrown upon her and as the person who grew up alongside her, I can't tell you how proud I am of her. She is her own person, Uncle Kang and I hope you understand that. Do not continue down this path of greed and selfishness, Uncle Kang. It is time for you to make amends, that is if you still wish to have someone to call daughter." 

The elder Kang drops his head in shame. He never expects to hear such maturity from a person not even half his age; one with such wisdom and eloquency that he never had at that age. He hears her, he understands it and he feels shameful because she was right. He was greedy, he was selfish and self-absorbed to the extent that he never saw how his actions hurt his own children. 

"I believe you are beginning to see reason, uncle. I hope what I've said today sheds some light on this matter. I apologize for any rudeness in the process," Hana says, bowing slightly and whirling around to walk out. 

She leaves the Kang elder to his own thoughts as she makes her way back to main entrance. She spots Hyewon waiting for her at the side of the car, biting her nails - something she does whenever she was nervous. Hyewon finally sees Hana exiting the entrance, rushing over to check on her. 

"Are you okay? He didn't hit you or anything right? Did he say something bad?" 

Hana chuckles, shaking her head. "I'm fine and no, he didn't hit me. He wouldn't dare, not if he knows what's best for him. I just gave him some advice to ponder upon, nothing too serious."

Hana frowns when she spots the red mark on Hyewon's cheek.

"Did he hit you?" Hana questions, she uses her index and thumb to hold Hyewon's chin, turning her head to the side to inspect her cheek. 

"I'm fine. Nothing I can't handle," Hyewon replies, pushing Hana's hand away gently.

"Come on, let's get in. I'll let you stay over for the night," Hana mutters, gesturing for Hyewon to hop into the car. 

Once Hyewon is inside, Hana slides in beside her, closing the door. The driver has his instructions, departing from the Kang Household's estate. 

"We need to ice your cheek the second we reach my house. It's already starting to swell. Damn, that old geezer!?" Hana curses under her breath. 

"How did you know I was back home?" 

Hana relaxes into the leather seat. "Well, Miru called me. She told me you appeared angry and snappy, then, you left not long after. I connected the dots and came as soon as I could. I was still too late though, the old man still dealt his damage." 

Hyewon leans her head against the headrest, sighing deeply. It seems she really scared Miru but still, she's glad Hana showed up. If not, lord knows, what else would have happened! 

"Thank you," Hyewon breathes.

Hana hums in response. 

Hyewon is about to rest when she recalls the promise she made to Miru. 

"Hana!" 

The said girl reacts to her name with bewilderment, lifting her body off the seat with concern.  

"I promised I would visit Miru after I handled him!" 

Hana falls back against the seat with a huff.

"Here I thought you were in trouble. Who knew it was such a small concern?" Hana quips, turning to her driver. "Mr Yoon, please head for school." 

"I doubt she's still in school," Hyewon chimes in. 

"Well, where is she then? Mr Yoon needs a location, Won." 

Hyewon thinks for a while before a bulb lights up in her mind. 

"Namsan Tower." 

Hana quirks a brow up. "Namsan Tower?" 

Hyewon nods in response. Hana decides not to question it as she lets her driver know. The ride to Namsan Tower is silent, Hyewon is deep in thought while Hana is on her phone, typing away as she texts her girlfriend. Hyewon brings out her phone when she hears the familiar message chime. She opens it and sees that it is a text from Miru. 

How To Go To Namsan Seoul Tower & Things To Do (Full Guide)

Miru: It's pretty, isn't it? 

Hyewon reads it with a smile blooming on her face. She was right. She remembers all the times she's heard Miru whine about wanting to visit Namsan Tower to place a lock now that they were together. She doesn't reply to Miru's text, she wishes to speak to the girl in person. Once the driver arrives, Hyewon throws open the car door in haste, ignoring Hana's calls for her. Her only thought is to see Miru, hoping that the girl hasn't left just yet. She hikes up the footpath, purchasing a ticket to enter as she jumps into the elevator, making her way up to the deck area. 

The elevator pings, the electronic doors opening with a whirring noise. She rushes out, climbing the steps as her eyes wanders around searching for her girlfriend. Her eyes stops upon a familiar figure, squinting to get a better look. Happiness fills her body and mind when she finds the person she's been looking for. She takes large strides towards Miru, slowing down when she approaches the girl before coming to a stop. 

"Hello, stranger." 

Miru spins around, her eyes widening in shock, she certainly did not expect to see Hyewon standing behind her. 

"Hyewon? How? I...I didn't think you would remember." 

Hyewon chuckles lightly. "How could I forget? I try to remember everything you tell me, even if it's a little ridiculous but, because it's you." 

"Did your work go well?" 

Hyewon nods with a smile. "Thanks to the help you sent my way, I think it's settled for the time being. Thank you, Miru." 

"I didn't know what else I could do. So, I called Hana san hoping she would know." 

"You've done well," Hyewon says, rubbing Miru's head affectionately making the other girl blush profusely. 

"You're okay now, right?" Miru questions with a small frown. 

Hyewon pulls Miru into her arms, hugging her tightly, afraid to let go. She breathes in Miru's perfume, feeling warmth spreading across her heart with Miru so close. Her anger, her problems and her family fades away into the back of her mind. Being with Miru gives her comfort; the relief she wished to have for so long happens to be in the arms of one girl - not that she was complaining because it feels amazing. 

"I'm okay," Hyewon breathes. "I'm okay as long as you're with me, Miru. Please stay." 

Miru's heart skips a beat when she hears Hyewon's sudden confession. She merely keeps her arms tightly around Hyewon's waist, burying her face in the crook of Hyewon's neck. 

"I'm not planning to leave anytime soon."

"I won't let you anyways. You're stuck with me now." 

 

----