Chapter 6

Loving Ms Heiress

Wonyoung saw that they had arrived at a fancy place. She didn't like it as she turned towards Yujin

"This place is way too fancy for me. I don't think I can eat in peace like this" Wonyoung said.

"What do you mean?" Yujin asked. 

"You said you would pay for the food, right?" Wonyoung asked.

Yujin nodded. Wonyoung gave Yujin a playful look. 

"I know just the place to go" Wonyoung said as she got back into the car. 

Yujin had no choice but to follow Wonyoung as they arrived at the Han River. Yujin parked her car as Wonyoung dragged Yujin towards a snack tent. 

"Imo, can we have two servings of tteokbokki, fritters and soda?" Wonyoung asked. 

"Oh! Wonyoung-ah. I haven't seen you in a while. Of course, wait a minute" the middle aged lady said. 

"You rejected a 5 course michelin star dinner for street food?" Yujin asked as she looked around. 

"Of course. I would choose this place over any luxury meal any day" Wonyoung said.

The food was placed in front of them as Wonyoung smiled in glee. She started eating leaving Yujin to stare at her in awe. 

"Is it that good?" Yujin asked.

Wonyoung nodded as she offered Yujin a piece of tteokbokki. Yujin ate it reluctantly. Her eyes widened in shock. It tasted amazing. She took another piece and another until it was finished not even letting Wonyoung eat. Once they were done, Wonyoung thanked the middle aged lady as she asked Yujin to pay. Yujin opened her wallet and took out a million dollar won note and handed it to the lady. 

"Keep it. It was good" Yujin said. 

The lady stared at the note in awe. Wonyoung smiled at the lady and followed Yujin who walked out. Rich people. Wonyoung thought. They decided to take a walk along the river banks. 

"I thought you hated me. Why are you suddenly nice to me?" Wonyoung asked. 

"Well, I never really met anyone like you. Someone who defies me. Who doesn't fear me and my family name. Normally, people like to get close to me to use me for something but you were different. I guess I liked that about you plus Hyewon knocked some sense into me. She said that it was my fault too and Hana is angry because I injured her crush, Minjoo" Yujin said. 

"Ehh!!! Hana likes Minjoo?" Wonyoung exclaimed in shock. 

Yujin chuckled and nodded. 

"It's a secret. SHH. You cannot tell Minjoo. Hana has always liked Minjoo since middle school. She's just too shy to confess" Yujin said. 

"That's shocking" Wonyoung said. 

"Why? Hana can't like your friend" Yujin said. 

"I didn't say that. It's just I thought Hana would like someone more interesting. Not someone like Minjoo who is a little crazy" Wonyoung said. 

"Hana is a bit crazy once you know her better.  How about you? How did you know Minjoo?" Yujin asked. 

"Well, it was accidental. Minjoo and I happened to bump into each other and she splashed her drink on me. I guess from there, we became friends as weird as it seems. A chaebol and a regular person" Wonyoung said. 

"I see" Yujiin said. 

"How about you? How did you meet the other F4?" Wonyoung asked. 

"Well, that's a bit of a long story. To shorten it, we all met when we were young. I met Hana and Hyewon at one of the parties hosted by our families. We sort of just matched and became friends. Chaeyeon came a little later. She was the one who came and made friends with us. She was funny and cheerful. No one could resist her. Since then, we never really separated and we were gradually called the F4. They were always with me no matter what and they are the only ones I would listen too aside from my older sister" Yujin said.

Wonyoung nodded and smiled. They had arrived at the car as Yujin offered to take Wonyoung home. Once they arrived in front of Wonyoung's house, Wonyoung got out of the car. Somehow, she felt hesistant to leave the car. She didn't know that she would enjoy spending time with Yujin. The girl was far different from her first impression. Yujin also felt sad that time passed so fast. She waved at Wonyoung with a sad smile before driving away. They had grown closer and found out more about each other. Yujin wasn't the type to share things about her life with a stranger and yet she felt happy doing so with Wonyoung.