Chapter 13

Loving Ms Heiress

Minjoo was walking aimlessly round the school. It was unusual of her to skip class but it wasn't like her teachers cared or anything. They wouldn't even notice. She heard the sound of the violin as she rushed towards the music room hoping it was Hana. She knew that Hana played the violin but she was disappointed when she saw Eunbi instead. She was about to leave when Eunbi called out to her.

"Kim Minjoo-ssi" 

Minjoo froze and turned back to see Eunbi staring at her. She knew that the student council president rarely spoke to anyone. She was too hard to approach and Minjoo was slightly frightened by the older girl's stoic face. 

"Yes, Eunbi sunbaenim" Minjoo answered politely. 

"You were looking for Hana, weren't you?" 

Minjoo nodded. 

"I thought it was Hana sunbae when I heard the sound of the violin"

Eunbi had a tight-lipped smile as she stared at Minjoo. 

"Hana isn't here if thats what you were wondering. She's resting at home. About the violin, I had it fixed so I was just checking" Eunbi said. 

Minjoo nodded as she stood there awkwardly. 

"So, tell me, Minjoo. Do you have feelings for Chaewon?" 

Eunbi asked straightforwardly which surprised Minjoo. Eunbi looked at Minjoo expectantly. 

"Well, she is very kind to me and I'm very grateful but I don't have feel that way for her" Minjoo answered. 

"I see. What about Hana then?" Eunbi questioned. 

Minjoo turned red at Hana's name. Eunbi's fists tightened. 

"Hana sunbaenim is also nice to me. She treats me better than most people. But she didn't seem to like me in the hospital the other day" Minjoo said sadly. 

"I understand. Hana can be cold that way. Oh, are you perhaps asking Chaewon to the midsummers ball? Best ask fast or she will be taken. Hana and I will be going together so I hope to see the both of you" Eunbi said. 

Eunbi watch as Minjoo's eyes widened. 

"Hana sunbaenim is going with you?" Minjoo asked. 

"Yeah. I asked and she accepted. Well, it was great talking to you, Minjoo. I have to go back to my office now. You best get to class" Eunbi said as she gave a fake smile.

Eunbi packed the violin back into its case as she placed it back into the cabinet and left. After Eunbi left, her smile faded as she thought venomously. That's right, Kim Minjoo. Hana is mine! She is going to the ball with me, not you. She will fall for me, not you. She will be mine, not yours. It's best you understand that now and stay away. 

Eunbi then walked away. Minjoo on the other hand leaned against the wall. I guess Hana sunbaenim and Eunbi sunbaenim are closer so obviously they will go together. What were you even thinking, Kim Minjoo! That Hana sunbaenim would just ask you to the ball. Dream on! 

Minjoo left the music room feeling dejected. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yujin had been busy all day as she ordered her servants around. She had told her servants to decorate the lake pavilion behind her mansion in preparations to ask Wonyoung to be her date to the ball. She had been fretting over it all week. She texted Wonyoung saying that she had sent a driver to pick her up from school since she had homework that she needed help with. She was sure that the other girl hadn't caught on as she agreed. 

 Yujin ordered a 800 stalk rose bouquet and placed it in the middle of the pavilion. There was even fairy lights hanging from the pavilion and fireworks prepared. Personal chefs were on standby at Yujin's commands. She smiled as she stared in satisfaction. 

"Young Miss Yujin, Miss Wonyoung is here" 

Yujin freaked out as she told her servants to hurry and leave. She saw Wonyoung walking from afar as her heart started to beat erratically. To say she was nervous was an understatement. There were so many bad thoughts running through her mind but she pushed them all back when she heard Wonyoung call out to her. 

"Yujin. Yujin. Where are you?" 

Yujin stepped out from behind the pavilion as she smiled. 

"What are you doing out here? I thought we had homework to do" Wonyoung said. 

She still hadn't seen the large bouquet. Without a word, Yujin pulled her into the pavilion and snap her fingers as lights illuminating the pavilion and the lake. Wonyoung was surprised when she saw the rose bouquet. Yujin smiled as she pulled Wonyoung closer. 

"Is this for me?" Wonyoung asked. 

"Of course, silly. Who else would it be for?" Yujin teased. 

"But why? I didn't do anything to deserve flowers" Wonyoung said. 

"This bouquet is part of my plan" Yujin said.

Wonyoung seemed confused. She didn't understand what Yujin was going on about. Yujin cleared as she stepped back. She pulled out one stalk of the rose and offered it to Wonyoung who took it. 

"Jang Wonyoung. I have prepared all of this in hopes that you will say yes to what I am going to ask. Will you be my date to the midsummers ball?" 

Yujin was getting worried when Wonyoung stayed silent. Could it be she rejects me? Could it be she still hates me? Yujin had a mental battle with herself. She was so deep inside her thoughts that she didn't notice the smile spreading across Wonyoung's face. 

"Yes" 

The answer finally shook Yujin out of her thoughts. She couldn't believe her ears. 

"Did you just say yes? You did, right? I didn't hear wrongly?" Yujin questioned in disbelief.

Wonyoung pinched the girl's cheek and smiled. 

"No, you didn't hear wrongly. I said yes" Wonyoung chuckled.

Yujin hugged Wonyoung tightly and twirled her around eliciting screams from Wonyoung. Yujin was too happy as she laughed and cheered. The servants smiled happily when they saw Yujin so happy. They haven't seen Yujin happy in so long and it brought warmth to their hearts.