The temptation

Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Thank you for the dinner, Doctor Zhang!" Baekhyun smiled at the handsome doctor through the car window while waving his hand goodbye.

"My pleasure, Baekhyun. See you tomorrow at work," the black-haired doctor replied before slowly pulling out of his parking spot just in front of Baekhyun's studio apartment. He drove off without saying much and so Baekhyun turned towards the entrance of his apartment complex, to finally get some rest after a long day of work. Yixing was like that. He didn't say more than what was needed.

The elevator saved him the hustle of climbing multiple flights of stairs until reaching the apartment door number 461 - his fairly small studio apartment, which he shared with his roommate Myeong. Myeong was a 3-year-old adopted son of Baekhyun's, whom he considered being of his own blood simply because of the similar characteristics that they shared.

"Myeong-ah! I'm home!" Baekhyun happily pushed the door open as he saw his son looking at him with wide eyes.

"I missed you, my baby," Baekhyun threw his bag across the room and bent down to pick up his little ball of happiness, his cat - Myeong.

"Are you hungry? I will feed you, let me wash my hands first," Baekhyun kissed the top of Myeong's head, where a black patch decorated his pearl white fur, before letting the kitty go by carefully setting him down on the wooden floor.

As Baekhyun went to the bathroom to wash his hands, Myeong had wandered off somewhere, probably to play with his toys. He was really playful after all.

"Myeong-ah? Should I get you a friend? I don't want you to feel lonely while I'm away for work," Baekhyun said as he walked out of the bathroom, wiping his hands on his pants.

'I should finally do my laundry,' - Baekhyun thought as he couldn't find a single clean towel to wipe his wet hands that were still dripping with water.

And as the boy walked into the kitchen and searched the cupboards for some cat food, with a loud tear, the young doctor had opened the cat food packet which smelled so bad he almost started tearing up, the smell stinking up the whole kitchen.

"How can you eat this?" Baekhyun asked his much smaller friend as he poured the whole packet worth of cat food into his baby's bowl.

"Eat well, Myeong-ah," the brown-haired male wished his pet whose head was already buried deep inside the light pink bowl, munching on the food like there was no tomorrow.

With that said, the young doctor walked out of the kitchen and to the living room, where he'll be getting his long-awaited rest after the long day of working with patients. His job was well-paid, yes. However, with each day of Baekhyun listening to other's problems, he seemed to be gaining more and more weight on his own shoulders. To help others,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter