Pink

Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rainbow is beautiful, most people would agree.

Yet a simple arch of colors visible in the sky, caused by the refraction and dispersion of the sun's light by rain in the atmosphere can make people feel various emotions - most importantly, admiration and joy at the sight of the 7 colors mixing on the palette of blue skies.

But that's it. Most people only saw the rainbow as a vibrant decoration to the plain welkin after a thorough episode of rain. That's the beauty of nature, most would think. 

However, there is a minor detail that usually is forgotten, thrown into an abyss of negligence. Each color holds a certain meaning.

Thus the color which most people would call by the name of 'red' can mean thousands of things. From negative: danger, rage, anger, stress, malice and wrath. To positive: determination, willpower, leadership, strength. Even love, lust, uality and passion. A single color spoke of so many hidden undertones, it was careless to pointlessly throw around the value of such an "insignificant" color like 'red'.

Another color that held a much deeper meaning than what was usually perceived was yellow. Yellow, the color of sunshine, hope, and happiness, had conflicting associations. On one hand, yellow stood for freshness, happiness, positivity, clarity, energy, optimism, enlightenment, remembrance, intellect, honor, loyalty, and joy. But on the other, it represented cowardice and deceit. A dull or dingy yellow could also stand for caution, sickness, and jealousy.

The colors were quite deceiving.

Pink, on the other hand, was Baekhyun's favorite. It was a color that wasn't even present in the hue of a rainbow. There it didn't exist, yet it held the most meaning to the brown-haired doctor. Pink was a delicate color that spoke of such things as 'nice, playful, cute, romantic, charming, feminine, and tender'. It was usually associated with bubble gum, flowers, babies, little girls, cotton candy, and sweetness. Sugar and spice and everything nice. Pink was one-sided - it wasn't controversial, debatable, didn't hold many meanings that went against each other. Pink was the color of true puppy love, not too serious, not too heartbreaking - a vague attachment, light-hearted romance.

It was the most beautiful in Baekhyun's eyes.

The colors meant the world to the young doctor. His bright personality used to love expressing its emotions in the billions of colors of hair dye. The now brown-haired boy used to love dyeing his hair ever since he finished high school. It almost became a hobby of his, defined the boy's existence - everyone used to know him as the talkative boy with crazy hair; those were the best days of being a student, studying in a university. That's how he spent his youth - dyeing hair.

Although when Baekhyun stopped, those emotions that the 50 shades of hair dye possessed were as if ripped out of his hands, leaving him numb, not feeling anything. That's how the boy had been feeling up until today.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter