The first session: kyungsoo

Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4th March

 

As the young doctor impatiently tapped his yellow pencil on the wooden table of his office, he looked at the clock on his wall, seeing that it was 9:52, his first therapy session with the new patient about to begin in exactly 7 minutes, 45.. 44.. 43.. seconds.

Baekhyun was very punctual when it came to time. He majorly disliked being late to pretty much anything, his mind always filled with the panic of missing out on something. That was exactly the reason why "time" was his best friend and the worst enemy at the same time.

Somehow Baekhyun was feeling nervous but he promised himself to relax a bit. He couldn't show the patients that he was feeling stressed, awkward or tense simply because they would just absorb the said aura of the room, making no progress in the recovery. And Baekhyun valued the recovery progress so much. He loved his patients dearly, supported and befriended them almost immediately. By becoming someone they could trust, Baekhyun paved a way for their release from the psychiatric ward, back into the huge world filled with countless possibilities.

He just loved his job.

Being lost in his thoughts, he didn't even notice that the clock had already turned 10 o'clock exact until a soft knock echoed through the quietness of his morning office. Baekhyun slightly jumped at the sudden noise until quickly fixing his hair in the reflection of his turned-off computer and fixing the glasses that were resting on his nose's bridge.

"Come in!" He just as softly called out in reply to the knock that at first startled him.

And in walked the boy that was about his height, maybe a bit shorter than Baekhyun. The first feature of his that the young doctor noticed was his eyes - his eyes so dull, his happiness that was so prominent in the picture completely gone. He looked as if he saw hell and wished to burn with it - to never come back, to not live. His lonely eyes so lifeless, so empty, it made Baekhyun sad.

"Morning, Kyungsoo," Baekhyun said purposely leaving out the "good" in "good morning" because it simply didn't look like a good morning at all.

Kyungsoo just nodded his head in reply as the doctor's words slid right past his mind, not wanting to move, not wanting to speak.

He lazily dragged his slouching body to a white leather chair so soft to touch, so easy to relax in.

"Do you like my office, Kyungsoo? I designed it myself," Baekhyun showed the owl-eyed male his signature rectangular smile that could melt anyone's stone-cold heart.

A nod followed Baekhyun's question as Kyungsoo looked around the said office. It was quite bright. The white with a slight tint of blue of the walls coming in contrast with the dark brown tiles of wood under his feet along with a couple of abstract paintings and white furniture including the doctor's desk, a couch with a coffee table in the corner of the room, a couple of cupboards and shelves filled with books. Even a small closet on the opposite side of the couch. The doctor's body was illuminated by the light that was coming from the windows just behind him. The light created a halo around the brown-haired man, so stunning, so breathtakingly beautiful.

But Kyungsoo's heart was already taken by someone else. Someone that had stolen his heart a long time ago.

Kim Jongin...
His one and only.

"It's nice here..." Kyungsoo said, his voice quiet as a mouse, barely audible to Baekhyun's ears yet so deep and unexpectedly manly. But Baekhyun still heard him and cracked a soft smile at the patient's compliment.

"Thank you, I worked hard on it," Baekhyun scratched behind his neck, feeling accomplished as he made Kyungsoo say something.

"Where are my manners!" Baekhyun playfully face-palmed himself as he realized that he had forgotten an important step to befriending someone.

Introduction.

"My name is Byun Baekhyun. You can call me doctor Byun or just Baekhyun, I don't mind it really. Whatever suits your taste," the young doctor said as he stretched out a hand in front of Kyungsoo, wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter