Non-existent

Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once you've been hurt, you'll do anything to avoid the possibility of getting hurt again.

 

 

"Is this how you play your games, Loey?"

And as he saw the playful smirk on his doctor's lips, Loey knew that he had been played by the cute brown-haired male. How shameful.

Baekhyun: 1. Loey: 0.

"I suppose you've met Chanyeol, didn't you, Baekhyunee?" the bespectacled boy didn't pay no attention to the teasing undertone evident in the taller's voice or the sweet nickname that he had chosen for him.

The young doctor could only nod his head as he tried to calm his racing heart: "You're right, Loey. Chanyeol had opened my blind eyes to your existence."

The taller just stared at him in amusement as he fell back into the white leather chair, a slight frown painting his face, but not too evident to show actual disappointment to the psychiatrist who was sitting in front of his eyes. He knew that Baekhyun knew people like the back of his hand and could figure out their deepest secrets in seconds. Yet the doctor chose to not be pushy. He respected their patients.

"Let's put Chanyeol aside for now, though. It's not nice to talk behind people's backs, isn't it, Loey?" It was more of a rhetorical question. Ironic, knowing that Chanyeol was still the one sitting in front of him. Yet it wasn't Chanyeol at the same time. Life was often confusing and satirical.

Chanyeol or Loey furrowed his brows. Baekhyun was 99.9% sure that it had been Loey all along. "Such a weird thing to say, knowing that I'm Chanyeol and Chanyeol is still me. We are one."

"Think of it as a case of Siamese twins - the twins that are conjoined at birth. However, in your case, the only thing that ties you both together are your bodies or simply the body of Park Chanyeol. The only difference between you both are your minds. You think differently, behave differently, you possess different memories - it's more than enough to prove that you are two separate personas, people with different opinions, humans who had been forced into one body, one brain." Baekhyun rested his chin on his hand as he leaned forward on his wooden table, drawing closer to the fire red-haired man, so handsome.

"That is stupid, Doctor Byun. I didn't exist when Chanyeol was born. It's stupid to compare us to Siamese twins." He doubted the doctor as he couldn't stop curiously eyeing him up and down, testing the waters with the petite male.

"So are you trying to prove to me that you don't exist, Mr. Park?" the brown-haired doctor took a pen and a notepad in his hand, opening it on a blank page. Loey could momentarily see that all the previous pages had been filled from top to bottom in messy writing. Though he wasn't able to read any of it.

Loey stared at the doctor with such intensity: "Physically, I don't exist. I am only a part of Chanyeol's mind. I'm not a person, I'm a disease." The taller stared back at the bespectacled boy skeptically.

"You are not a disease. If anything I think that you are a shield of Chanyeol's, a protector. I can bet my head on that," Baekhyun said as he looked at the taller with the same intensity, mimicking his actions.

"Protecting him from what, doctor?" Loey's eyebrows rose as he's never felt himself this immersed in a conversation. The doctor clearly sparking his interest, making Loey devote his time and heed to the boy. Baekhyun could read him (or rather them both) like paper. It was fascinating.

"I don't know. You tell me, Loey," Baekhyun deadpanned as his intense gaze stared right through the taller's eyes. Staring deep into his soul, past all the walls and barriers that he had put up to protect himself from others. Other people. They always ended up hurting him the most.

"Maybe some other time. You should listen to Chanyeol talk about his past himself. I only know of it. I remember it. But I have never experienced it, felt it. I don't want to talk about that today, Doctor," Loey reassured as Baekhyun scribbled something into his notepad. He's probably taking notes.

"Mr. Park Loey, would you mind if I were to ask you a couple of questions? I don't want to make you uncomfortable since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter