The first meeting?

Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the scenery changing, both males could be found in a little coffee shop called "Ban Bossy Boutique". Chanyeol explained that it was one of his favorite cafés in the whole of Hongdae District when Baekhyun had offered to chat over a couple of drinks. He still had a lot of questions unanswered and seeing that they somehow ended up near Hongdae, the taller said that it was the perfect place to settle in.

Baekhyun, of course, agreed with the suggestion.

However, the place wasn't something that the young doctor could've ever expected from the somewhat intimidating red-haired man. When they had walked into the café, he was more than surprised to see mint green painted walls, pastel pink chairs and marble-like tables surrounded by many thriving (along with artificial) plants and rose gold ceiling lights that illuminated the whole café. Panoramic windows showed the busy streets of Hongdae below their feet. The café's theme is what you would have called an aesthetic.

       

Now don't get him wrong (he was in no position to ever judge anyone) but Baekhyun would have never expected Chanyeol to be the person to like cute cafés. He could picture the taller, red-haired man pretty much anywhere other than sitting opposite of him, slightly slouching in his pink chair while eating a so-called 'Flower Cupcake' and drinking a 'Vanilla Latte', dreamily gazing out of the window as his gentle eyes reflected the blue of the cloudless welkin.

This just seemed paradoxical to Chanyeol's menacing nature. It was so absurd that Baekhyun couldn't stop staring and lightly chuckled to himself in disbelief. The taller looked so peaceful, so delicate it almost made Baekhyun forget that he had ever met Chanyeol before. He was just too different; it seemed like their first meeting.

"So... You wanted to talk, Dr. Byun..." Chanyeol uncomfortably shifted under Baekhyun's stare. He felt too awkward to start a proper conversation with somebody whom he had only met less than half an hour ago. He was that shy.

"Ah, yes! You're right!" Baekhyun clapped his hands as if snapping himself out of his own thoughts. In the process, managing to make the taller jump in his seat at the sudden gesture. He clutched his chest as if to calm his racing heart, staring at the boy wide-eyed.

"Sorry," Baekhyun muttered feeling a bit guilty, seeing that he had accidentally scared the red-haired man. Such a scaredy-cat.

"How did you manage to actually leave the premises of the hospital without my permission? I'm supposed to keep records of everything that you do and nobody warned me about your leave... I'm just... confused," Baekhyun ranted, asking the question that was bothering him the most ever since the moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter