Who are you?

Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The beautiful song mentioned in the story: Try Again by d.ear and Jaehyun

 

14 minutes past 11 am, Park Chanyeol was still nowhere to be seen. And even if he couldn't hide his disappointment, the young doctor had figured that the taller wasn't coming to their therapy session any time soon either.

The lonely boy stared outside the window as he watched the people below, watched the cars drive by the hospital until they disappeared from his sight in a matter of seconds. Baekhyun didn't like that. Things or people disappearing as if they never existed in the first place.

Instead, he chose to focus on the beautiful morning skies. On a cold spring day, the sun shone so brightly, sunshine rays decorated the whole blue sky as there wasn't even a single cloud. Good. Baekhyun didn't like the rain. When it was raining, it hurt too much.

With a quiet sound of piano accompanying the voice of an angel-like singer, Baekhyun hummed along to a song that he loved dearly. Try again was its name. And the young doctor too wanted to try again.

"We'll be alright, I want to try again..." his quiet voice filled the room. A simple song about love and romance, not wanting to give up on a cherished relationship. A simple promise to withstand all the struggles of love which were not easy to bear one bit. Baekhyun knew it too well. The song spoke to him.

It made the young doctor want to try loving once again even if he assumed that he was incapable of doing so - his heart stone-cold.

And thus his mind disappeared, not thinking about anything in particular, just enjoying the morning, the sunshine, the soothing voice of the singer and the cup of warm peppermint tea.

It was peaceful.

So peaceful until the undisturbed beauty of the forenoon was interrupted by the sudden grip on the handle of Baekhyun's office door.

The door opened without hesitation, without a knock. It had startled the brown-haired boy to a great extent, making him grip his chest on the left side, just above where his heart rested.

"God..." he exhaled as he tried to calm down that panicking heart of his, which was beating faster than ever.

And an oh-so-familiar voice soon spoke up, making the bespectacled boy forget his racing heart: "Did I startle you, Doctor Byun?" His voice was so deep, the boy whose heart was still racing like crazy almost didn't recognize who had it belon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter