An equation; A perfect duo

Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8th March

 

Tattoos tell stories.

10:26 am on the clock, it was time for Kyungsoo's therapy session. 

The boy who was sitting opposite of the young doctor couldn't hide his smile as he looked at the clock on the wall. His eyes glistened as he couldn't tear his gaze away from the useless device even for a second. At least not until Baekhyun spoke up.

"Waiting for something? Someone?" Baekhyun winked at the flustered male as he took a sip of his jasmine tea which he shared with that same owl-eyed boy who just couldn't stop dreamily gazing all around the room. Today his eyes seemed to focus on pretty much anything other than the bespectacled doctor.

"Jongin said that he'll come over today. I missed him a lot over the weekend," Kyungsoo confessed with his cheeks tinting rouge pink. The long-awaited day was finally here - Monday. The day when Jongin had promised to take him out on a date. Yet Kyungsoo wasn't even planning on telling the doctor about his little secret. The doctor didn't really need to know that his boyfriend was coming over to speak him out of the hospital. Secrets like that should stay behind the backs of the doctors and nurses to protect the so-called 'criminals' - Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin.

"I see," the doctor watched as the black-haired boy took a sip of the jasmine tea too. And as he lifted up the mug with his hands, the sleeves of his hospital shirt rolled down his thin arms, exposing a bit of black ink that decorated the pale skin in the left corner of the boy's left wrist. It caught Baekhyun's attention, the tattoo.

"What's that?" the brown-haired doctor pointed at the miniature tattoo of Kyungsoo's. The boy only looked down in confusion before seeing what the doctor was actually talking about. The tattoo. It was always there, Kyungsoo had almost forgotten about its existence. Yet his lips still broke into an even bigger smile (if it was even possible), the heart-shaped lips undeniably being a close second to Kyungsoo's best feature - his eyes.

"Ah! That's my tattoo," Kyungsoo said before he rolled the sleeve further down as he showed his wrist to the doctor. The tattoo read a number '88'. Yet the doctor couldn't help but quickly glance down from the tattoo to Kyungsoo's wrist. Only then the bespectacled boy noticed how clean Kyungsoo's wrists were. Not even a single scar. Which, of course, was reassuring but at the same time confusing. Self-harm was fairly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter