A line between sanity and insanity

Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15th March

And as I watched his beautiful smile which for some reason seemed brighter than the moon and the stars combined, I realized that I never wanted to leave.

 

"What time is it?"

"It's 1:25 am."

Baekhyun could only shake his head: "You said that your countryside was not that far away from Seoul but we've been driving for hours. Tell me honestly, do you even know how to get there?" The brown-haired doctor sighed as he toyed with the laces of his sneakers, sitting down on some old bench that has long lost its color of bright orange and now was only tinted a slight pale beige. The bus stop, which for some reason looked like it hasn't been used in ages, was standing lonely in the middle of nowhere on the side of the road which was leading alongside the sea. The air was chilly but that's all. Other than Chanyeol, Baekhyun and the loud whistle of the wind accompanied by quiet crashes of waves into the countless cliffs somewhere in the distance, there was no soul on the road or even in the radius of what seemed like a 100 miles.

"I think that I made a wrong turn... I already said that I haven't visited my grandparents in ages so I don't remember the road that well," Chanyeol scratched his head as he leaned back into that pale beige bench, closing his eyes to have a quiet moment for himself. To try to come up with a solution to this mess.

"You could've said so in the beginning... We could've caught a bus or something instead of driving all this way just to get lost." The glossy black of Chanyeol's motorcycle reflected the dim light that was coming from the lonely moon. Not even a little cloud accompanied the lonely moon that night, the sky was completely clear. It was so quiet.

"Well, I guess it's too late to catch the last bus now," Chanyeol snickered as he turned to the brown-haired boy only to notice him shivering as the sea breeze brushed past their two bodies, sending a gentle chill down Baekhyun's spine.

"Cold?" the taller's voice was low. Chanyeol didn't seem like Chanyeol but he didn't seem like Loey either so it was confusing. Baekhyun was confused.

"A bit. The trip was spontaneous so I didn't get the chance to bring a warm jacket." Baekhyun chuckled as he pressed his body closer to his hands, trying to rub his own arms in hopes of making himself even a bit warmer. Spring days were warm but the nights were cold. And Baekhyun felt a bit stupid for not thinking everything through.

"You should always be ready for whatever life gives you." The red-haired man stood up from his cold seat and slid off that thick leather jacket off of his shoulders to expose that previously seen dark blue sweater. Baekhyun only caught a glimpse of how nice Chanyeol's arms looked, being hugged by that tight fabric of the dark blue sweater before he shyly turned away. The motorcycle's headlights, which were providing both males with a bit of light, weren't exactly bright enough to enlighten the whole night and show off Chanyeol's muscles to Baekhyun's wandering eyes.

The taller man bent down a bit in front of Baekhyun to cover his slightly slouching and slightly freezing body with that same thick leather jacket. Baekhyun's thin coat now had another layer on top and the boy could already feel the warmth that spread through his body. Chanyeol's jacket was cozy.

With a smile, he looked at the boy in the over-over-oversized jacket before sitting back in his seat on that pale beige bench, only now a bit closer to the boy whose brown locks were being ruffled by the gentle wind.

"As if I could've predicted that we'll somehow end up in North Jeolla at 2 am. My fault... Next time I'll bring a tent and a couple of electric blankets," the boy rolled his eyes but couldn't hide the smile which made its way onto his slightly pinkish cheeks.

"But still... I wanted to say thanks. For both dragging me out of Seoul on this cold spring night and also this," he picked up one of the sleeves of the leather jacket that was hanging loosely and waved it around a bit.

"Won't you be cold though?" the boy's eyebrows knotted in a thick line as he looked at the taller who was more than exposed to the wind. Chanyeol was only wearing a jumper while he was wearing 2 layers of jackets. It seemed a bit unfair.

"It's fine, I don't get that cold easily. I guess you could say that I'm hot-blooded." Even in this unfortunate situation, Chanyeol managed to crack jokes. If only Baekhyun had his positivity.

Whether it was Chanyeol or Loey, Baekhyun didn't understand. But it didn't matter because at that moment he was not alone, he didn't feel lonely anymore.

"Fine then, I'll keep the coat. But if you start feeling cold, let me know and I'll give it back instantly," Baekhyun said as he looked the other man in the eye, watching a slight smirk forming on his lips as he scooted a bit closer to the boy who was still wrapped in two coats.

"Or we could do it my way," Chanyeol suggested.

"Your way?" the brown-haired boy asked with curiosity glistening in his eyes. Chanyeol's smirk only grew bigger at the sight of Baekhyun's eyelashes fluttering like a butterfly's wings.

"Stand up for me for a second," the red-haired man instructed as Baekhyun followed his directions and stood up from his seat that had now gotten a bit warmer. The doctor's eyes watched the red-haired man in confusion.

"Turn around." A weird request

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter