The beginning

Insanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3rd March

 

Baekhyun shivered as he took a sip of his morning coffee that seemed to warm him up on this cold spring day. With each gulp that he took, the young doctor could feel a dose of caffeine pump through his blood, making his drowsiness wash away in a matter of seconds along with his feeling of coolness.

He was quickly maneuvering his way through the psychiatric ward, afraid to be even a second late since he slept in today. The head doctor might be his friend but he does not tolerate being careless towards work.

Taking a right turn, the boy almost ran into one of the nurses who was pushing a cart with medical supplies. With a slight bow, he apologized for not watching his step and just continued his way to his office.

It had only been a couple of months since Doctor Byun started working at PW Group Psychiatric Hospital - the boy had been transferred from another mental institution due to its closing down. At first, Baekhyun didn't want to take the job at another hospital but when he found out that his previous patients would be transferred to the same hospital, the boy didn't waste any time thinking and agreed to transfer as well. Here Doctor Byun gave weekly group therapy sessions to groups of around 5-10 patients along with private counseling sessions to each patient twice a week. The job wasn't easy but his determination to help the patients played a major role in his success as a psychiatrist.

As Baekhyun reached the end of the hall, his left hand made its way into his jacket pocket to find the keys to his office and, soon enough, the door swung open as the doctor rushed inside, seeing that he had exactly one minute until his shift would begin. Luckily enough, he wasn't late or he would've gotten into trouble.

Just as Baekhyun had taken off his jacket and exchanged it with the white doctor's coat with his name embroidered on the little pocket just above his chest, where his heart rested, three knocks echoed through the quiet room.

Baekhyun's soft morning voice welcomed the guest: "Come in!" and as the door opened the head doctor - Doctor Zhang peeked his head inside the room.

"Good morning, Baekhyun! I see that you're not late today," Dr. Zhang said with a teasing tone as he closed the door and sat down on the chair opposite of Baekhyun's.

"Of course not, Dr. Zhang," Baekhyun smiled as he took another sip of his coffee.

"Great! However, I wouldn't have come here for no reason..." Of course, there was always a catch to everything.

"Two more patients have been assigned to you. We're currently short on staff so there's not much I can do. I'm so sorry to overwork you, Baekhyun," Dr. Zhang sighed, clearly tired as well. The staff s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter