Thirteen

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

Yeri is slowly opening her eyes, she can't believe that she's basically asleep on her way to nowhere with a person she doesn't know well. Maybe because last night was really tiresome, things with Jungkook, Lea and everything making her tired. She wakes up inside the car that already stopped moving, she still has her seat belt on, Jihoon is not here anymore.

She's looking at the scenery in front of her, and honestly the whole thing is remarkably beautiful. It's the sea, a sunset, a light wave and beach. It was even prettier because Jihoon park his car in a spot where Yeri can see everything up close and clear.

 

"I told you i know a good place."

She's out from the car almost automatically when Jihoon is opening the door for her, he totally looks proud for showing this place to Yeri.

 

It was the brightest face Yeri ever gave him since their first encounter, she was smiling and decide to stand at the edge of the cliff, while watching the scenery in front of her, the orange colour from the sunset makes her eyes sparkling and Jihoon can understand why the crazy Jeon Jungkook change into something else because of her. More than pretty, Yeri is giving a vibe like someone who has story, a great one and she's waiting all her life to let people know.

 

"It's beautiful."

 

He can heard her mumbling, she's saying it to herself so he choose to stay quiet instead of responding her, he’s standing next to her enjoying the same view with her. It's totally better to see this with someone, instead of going alone just like what he did for the past few years.

They're not talking to each other until the sunset, which is approximately 10 minutes is finished, both Yeri and Jihoon has their own problems and feelings to deal with. The sunset only help them to forget about it for awhile.

 

"When i was a kid, my brother and i.."

 

Yeri stopped right away when she realized she talks to people she doesn't even know, to a person other than Jungkook, she get carried away by the situation and ended up opening about the memories she kept for herself. Jihoon looks surprised when she stopped and give her a smile.

 

"What did you do with him?"

 

"Nothing." She's staring down while thinking how wrong the thing she's doing right now.

 

"Let's find some food and i'll drop you home."

 

"You can go, i'll just waiting for my manager, he's having a meeting around here."

 

That's a lie, obviously. Yeri is not comfortable to spend the rest of the day with Jihoon, it's 4 hours drive and she doesn't want to think that he's good just because he's kind enough to bring her to a beautiful place like this, he's a danger for her.

 

"Really? I doubt it."

 

"No, i'm serious. I'm a celebrity and it's more dangerous for me than for you to out in unfamiliar place like this, i won't do it if i'm not sure."

 

Jihoon still finding it hard to believe Yeri but she also has a point.

 

"Fine. I'll drop you off at some place, so you can take a rest and have some dinner."

 

"Thank you."

 

Jihoon is talking to her about lots of things, Yeri find him charming too, since he's much older than her and having so many things to tell about his life. She doesn't know about his problem with Jungkook because they never told her, but from her standalone point of view, Yeri actually think that he is not bad.

 

"It's a nice restaurant, 24 hours open, you can wait here for your manager."

 

Yeri is out from Jihoon's car while waving her hands to him as he drive away. He is nice to her, and totally not a bad friend, he's so much better than her expectation.

She was just entering the restaurant when her phone is ringing, he's been ignoring every single call all day, no reason, she just doesn't want to get bothered, but this is Jay calling, and she better told him that she'll stay at this place until tomorrow, this place is pretty and she want to enjoy it more.

 

"Where are you, noona?" His question is expected.

 

"I won't be coming home tonight."

 

"What? Why? Why are you ignoring..?

 

"Did you call me?"

 

"Hmm...not really.."

 

Yeri is a little bit confused with the way Jay is talking, he's whispering and makes a pause a few times.

 

"Hm... can you send me your location?"

 

"I will, but it's far, and also nice, i'm alone but i can manage. Don't worry."

 

Yeri doesn't give Jay chance to respond her and end the phone call right away.

 

"Where is she?"

 

This is annoying, Jay was going to ask Yeri out for a dinner because he's worried about her well being, and when he arrived here, the only one he found was Jeon Jungkook, sitting in front of her door like a lost puppy. He told him that Yeri's been ignoring his call all day, he asked about her schedule but Yeri doesn't have anything today. He is scary and really intimidating and he  forced him to find out where Yeri is.

 

"She's out of town."

Jay is staring at his phone screen, Yeri does sending him her location. It's quite far, 4 hours drive.

 

"Where exactly?"

He is totally annoying so Jay put his phone back to his pocket and shakes his head to him.

 

"She said she doesn't want to be bothered."

 

"I won't bother her."

 

Jungkook is totally feelings irritated by Jay's behaviour and he touch his shoulder, patting it and giving him a glare.

 

"Fine. I'll tell you, but you need to know, if something happened to her, you'll be the one i'm reporting as a criminal."

 

"Deal. Now tell me where she is."

 

Jay is showing off his phone screen to Jungkook, and he's gone in seconds. He always amazed and fascinated by the way Yeri and him doing their relationship.

 

 



 

"It's not a nice place to stay, but the view from your room would be great."

 

Yeri is done with her dinner and now walking around to find a place to stay the night. She's lucky because there are lots of choices and vacant room she can used for a night. Since it’s not weekend.

Of course it's not as comfortable as her room back in the city, but it is enough as a shelter for few hours till tomorrow. She has plan to walk at the beach until late night, sleep is not her priority.

 

"It's ok. I'll take it."

She takes the key and place her bag in her room before going out again, she want to see the scenery once again.

 

Back when she was a kid, family trip is one of the best thing she always wanted to do, their parents will work less at that time, and Seokjin will play with her as many times as she wants. He'll tell him story about his school and Yeri is doing the same thing for him too. Of course family trip never happened again after Seokjin's death, but at least she wants to reminisce that time and how happy she was back then.

 

"Is it safe for me to walk around here?"

 

She's asking an old man who's sitting in front of small restaurant near the beach, he answer her with a nod.

 

Yeri start to walk at the side of the beach, she’s hold her shoes and walk at it barefooted, the sea is dark but the beach and it sands is clear, there are so many lights so she’s not afraid being here alone. She’s stopping her walk when the restaurant and that old man becoming a small dot on her eyes, she’s already far from the crowded road, there is a bright light over there, probably coming from a car but she choose to ignore it and sitting on the beach, closing her eyes and hearing the sound of water.

Its sounds is calming and quiet for a good few minutes before another sounds start to approaching her, she’s opening her eyes slowly, and she can see someone is coming to her, while walking really fast, she‘s focusing her eyes to that person until she finally recognized him. Jeon Jungkook, of course.

He’s starting to run when Yeri get up from her sit, still confused with him being here.

Jungkook is wearing his white shirt from work, he’s still wearing his shoes, and he’s still has his company id on his neck.

 

“What is this?”

 

Yeri is totally surprised seeing him here, she’s wearing a hoodie and her hair is a mess because of the wind, she looks pretty and Jungkook is glad to finally able to see her again after he’s looking for her like crazy all day.

 

“I was looking for you.”

 

He’s hugging himself because turns out that leaving his jacket at his car is a bad choice, the night wind is cold and chilling.

 

“Why?”

 

And seems like Yeri notice it too, so she offers him her hand, it’s warm so he holds it really tight.

 

“I’m not sure why.”

 

That’s the truth, he’s not supposed to do this when the whole thing still a chaos back at work, but here he is. He’s staring at the sea in front of him while sometimes taking a glance at Yeri who does nothing but having her eyes locking at him. Her expression is still similar with the one she has this morning.

 

“I’m not going to leave, i’ll stay here till tomorrow.”

 

“Then me too.”

 

Jungkook is surprised when Yeri pull her hands from his and giving him a glare.

 

“Why are you doing this? Is it because your dream from last night? what happened? are you feeling sorry for me? I don’t need this.”

 

“I love you. That’s enough reason for me to stay, right?”

 

She’s becoming quiet when Jungkook takes her hand again. He’s having a hard time to understand what he’s doing right now, and the only reason that makes sense is probably because he loves Yeri too much that he’s becoming like this. He doesn’t want it to happen, but it is happening.

 

“It’s funny that you’re keep telling me that.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You never said it before, i was staying at your place for days, we went vacationing together, we were sleeping together, but you never said you love me, not even once. And now..out of nowhere you’re saying it, on repeat.”

 

Yeri lift his face to Jungkook as she said it, she means it as a joke but he’s taking it seriously. She’s tighter her hand on him because she feels sorry with what she just said. Jungkook is moving his eyes from the open sea to his shoes right now, he’s looking down and Yeri can see how much he struggled with his thoughts.

 

“My sister, she..always told me. Everytime i asked about the reason why she did all crazy things for your brother, she always told me that’s because she loves him. Am i doing that right now?”

 

That words are hitting her hard, so she choose to let go of his hand, Yeri feels hurt, afraid and confused with the way he said it.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Yeri talks to him with a shaking voice, she has tears on her eyes, it’s just the wind that stopping her from crying.

 

“You don’t?” She give Jungkook a laugh when he’s staring at her.

 

“It’s the hocus pocus thing, remember?”

 

Just in seconds her awkward laugh turns into tons of tears. She has already deal with so much weird things, and the possibility of Jungkook falling in love with her because the universe want him to is high. Not because he genuinely care for her but because of their past, because Sooyoung and Seokjin. That was hurt and stupid but she believed it.

 

“That’s why i told you we should stick as a friend, instead of doing this.”

 

“I don’t want to.”

 

Yeri is looking at Jungkook when he told her that seriously, he’s holding her and taking her to his embrace while caressing her back.

 

“I ruined your life and you’re loving me is absurd.”

 

She pushed him away and takes a few steps back from him, she’s wiping her tears really quick and he feels bad for her.

 

“You’re not my first. Many people tried to ruin my life before, you’re not special.”

 

Jungkook is walking away from Yeri after saying that, his head is hurt and he barely can understand anything about this. Maybe it’s the hocus pocus just like what she said, but then it’s not helping when the only thing he want is to be with her.

 

“Are you going to stay here?”

 

He turns his back to Yeri again when she’s still not moving at her position, she’s only doing it after he stopped from his walk and waiting for her to come. She’s not saying anything when they finally walk together back to the end of the beach.

 

“Get in.”

 

He’s opening his car door for Yeri but she refused to get inside it, the only thing she’s doing is looking around and wearing her hoodie hat to hide her hair.

 

“What about you coming back home, i’ll stay here, and we’ll talk again tomorrow.”

 

She sounds frustrated, her hands is caressing his chest and trying to push him back to his car, but Jungkook is strong and he refused to do so.

 

“Do i look like i can do that?”

 

He give her one kiss and Yeri is afraid if people inside the restaurant saw them. She’s blinking her eyes a few times and it’s honestly annoying, Jungkook’s behaviour right now.

 

“Yes, you do.”

 

She give him a nod for his question, and he responding it with a smile.

 

“Then, i’ll walk you to your hotel.”

 

“And you’re leaving, after that. I clearly told my manager that i don’t want to get bothered, Why are you here, really?”

 

Yeri is walking first and Jungkook is following her from behind, her back looks so small wearing a huge hoodie. She’s probably not telling him but he knows the reason why Yeri needs a break and spent times at place like this is to keeping her sane after she’s dealing with so much problems in her life, mostly caused by him too, obviously.

 

“Where is your car? How are you get here?”

 

Yeri stopped from her walk when Jungkook asking her the question. She’s actually expecting this question but it’s still hard to answer it. His mood is better than last night but she still doesn’t want to talk about Jihoon to him. Because if he knew, he’ll told her to stay away and she can’t do that. Not right now. She needs to find a way out first.

 

“At home. Someone dropped me off.”

 

She’s answering the question without looking at him, afraid if he’ll find out about her lying.

 

“And what did you do  with my call?”

 

“I don’t know you’re calling. not just from you, i ignored everyone today.”

 

“Why?”

 

Of course, it’s because of him and Lea, she was having so much difficulty thinking about it and seems like Jungkook is too dense to notice it.

 

“Because i want to. Stop interrogating me, it’s annoying.”

 

“I was just asking.”

 

Yeri finally stopped when she arrive at her hotel. It’s so close with the beach, so it doesn’t take them long to arrive.

 

“Good night.”

 

She give Jungkook a quick bow and ready to entering the place but he’s still not going away.

 

“I changed my mind. I’ll stay.”

 

“No, you’re not. There’s no room left, and the place is not that good.”

 

Jungkook find it cute but also weird that Yeri is acting like this.

 

“I’m staying with you, come on. Don’t be petty, we’re not even a kid.”

 

He choose to entering the place and looking around, Yeri missed her chance to stop him.

 

“You are so freaking annoying.”

 

She bump his shoulder in purpose with Jungkook while taking a lead to her room, he’s following her close while chuckling and sometimes teasing her by poking her back for a few times.

 

“Is this your room?”

 

Yeri is opening the door for him and he’s coming inside while looking around it slowly, it’s probably 50 times smaller than his penthouse.

 

“It’s nice.”

 

“It’s small. I’m not used to stay at this kind of place, and i don’t want any more people to be here.”

 

“Only for few hours, i’ll be gone before you wake up first thing first tomorrow morning.”

 

Yeri can see that Jungkook started to get annoyed by her too. She’s basically here to avoiding him, to learn about what she felt for him in the middle of messy circumstances and how is she supposed to do this when he always close with her, it just won’t work.

 

“The bathroom is downstairs. You can do whatever you want.”

 

Yeri is taking her toiletries from her bag, she just bought it today at the store in front. She’s taking off her hoodie, since no one will recognized her here, even though she’s wearing a minimal cover up, she’s out from the room immediately without giving any attentions to Jungkook.

 

***

 

Jungkook knows that Yeri purposefully spend a long time to take a bath only to avoiding him, he can sense that she’s mad at him over something, he doesn’t know what.

He’s reading a few report send by Jimin regarding Tron’s investigation and about them who keeps saying about meeting with him and Yeri for interrogation. Jungkook doesn’t know how to handle this, not to mention the pressure from board director, Lee Jihoon’s uncle and others. It’s really making him stressed. Plus Lea is no longer here, he feels empty without her, turns out that he depend on her so much more than he ever imagined.
 

He was laying down at the floor, he already done with shower and he’s using Yeri’s oversized hoodie from earlier as his sleepwear. This place is small, similar with his old house from 15 years ago, there’s no bed, only a medium size of futon on the floor, a small table and couch at the corner. The window is at the back, huge and it has the sea view.

He gets up right away, when the door is finally opened, Yeri is back, she has one bowl of noodles soup and few bottles of water on a tray.

 

“Are you having a dinner?”

He asked her while laying down inside the futon again but Yeri is not answering his question, she only put the food in front of him.

 

“For you. I already ate.”

 

Yeri remember about Jungkook’s health, his surgery and stuffs, food is important for him and if he’s been driving since 4 hours ago to get her, it’s obvious that he skipped dinner. She watched him gets up and she find it hilarious that he’s wearing her clothes. He looks so much younger like this.

 

“Come here.”

 

He told her to come closer to him and he give her a pat on the top of her head, Yeri is avoiding it right away.

 

“You can just say thank you”

 

Jungkook only give her a smile so she leave him and standing near the window as he eats. She’s watching him for a few times and more than anything, she find the fact that he is here for her is really fascinating.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

She feels bad so she decide to apologize to him.

 

“For what?”

 

Jungkook actually knows what she did wrong and why she said sorry, he was just asking to .

 

“It’s a general statement, you can use it for all things appropriate.”

 

He’s laughing at her when he realized that was the thing she said to Yeri few days ago, when she was asking him similar question. He’s cleaning up his dishes and put in to an empty table near where Yeri stand.

 

“How’s thing is going?”

She asked him that, because she remember about Jimin and his phone call to Jungkook earlier today.

 

“Not good.” And she’s quite surprised when he answers it while being honest.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“You already said that.”

 

“This one is not general, it’s specifically for what i did about Tron.”

 

“How much money you used for the whole thing?”

 

“A lot.”

 

Yeri is uncomfortable talking about this to Jungkook because she feels really bad about it, she’s start laying down and prepare herself to sleep.

 

“I understand why you did that.”

 

“I don’t even know why i did that.”

 

Jungkook is laying down next to her and Yeri can’t help but being curious about his statement.

 

“I’m not sure but i feel like i did.”

 

He gives her a back hug and talk to her, whispering. His voice is soft, not in purpose to becoming sweet, he’s just tired.

 

“Why?”

 

She turns her position so he’s staring at him while Jungkook is with staring at the ceiling now, his eyes are sad and tired.

 

“I am not sure.”

 

Jungkook is finally have the courage to looks at her, he’s using his arms to take her closer to him. She looks great at time like this, right before she fall asleep.

 

“I should have looking for you, 15 years ago.”

 

He find what she said is funny but also sweet because she’s being so serious about it.

 

“When?”

 

“Right after your sister died, before my brother killing himself.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I couldn’t even functioning as a human being after my brother gone, i don’t think i’ll be any help for you at that time.”

 

Her voice is sad, and of course Jungkook understand it, that’s basically his dream from last night. Yeri, right after Seokjin’s death.

 

“I know.”

 

“I was screaming at the crowded hospital to my parents, calling them a murderer, because she killed my brother and his girlfriend..”

 

There are tears on her eyes while she’s talking about it, he use his hands to pat her back as she cried because he understand every emotions she felt at that time. He was her on that dream.

 

“If i had known that you were as hurt as me when that’s happened, taking care of you should’ve been my family’s responsibility.”

 

Jungkook is shaking his head as he give her a touch while wiping her tears from her eyes.

 

“I’m not that hurt. compared to you, i have it easier.”

 

“How could you know?”

 

“The dream. Last night dream, I was you, right after your brother’s gone, at the hospital, the cafeteria, that one nurse..”

 

Yeri is totally surprise, hearing this, since Jungkook didn’t say anything to her yesterday.

 

“I did blame myself when my sister is dead, but only for a short time, i blame your brother and your family after. I never thought i was at fault.

But you..you were feeling guilty and decide to torturing yourself, refusing your parent’s love, pushing people away, you start a life like punishment on your own, Yeri-ya. I didn’t do that.”

 

She ended up crying even more while listening to this, Jungkook can’t be wrong because he’s able to feeling it himself on that dream. It was hard for her to admit it, but to hear others saying it on her behalf is actually hurt but also relieving.
 

“Is that why you’re being nice to me and telling me you love me? is that why you’re here, in a remote place staying with me in a small room. Because you feels bad for me?”

 

She already stopped crying and now a little bit mocking Jungkook with the tone of her talk, he looks totally offended.

 

“Yeah, maybe it is or maybe it is not. The only thing i knew, today i was really tired with all the problems i need to deal with and the only thing i want was to find you. I’m not exactly a good person, and if i choose to be here right now, holding you in a small futon, somewhere at a remoted place, i’m doing it for myself and not for others.”

 

“Not even for me?”

 

Yeri find Jungkook’s reasoning is hilarious, it’s enough to makes her laugh for how ridiculous it was.

 

“Not even for you.”

 

She use her hands to takes Jungkook to her embrace, she’s hugging him while laughing at him, she was bothered a lot since the thing he said to her last night, but she does feels better now.

 

“I’m sorry i yelled at you.”

She said that while giving him a kiss, and ruffling his hair, taking off his hoodie to see him better at close.

 

“That’s fine.”

 

Jungkook is doing nothing when Yeri stopped talking and the only thing she’s doing is holding his hands hugging it. She has something on her minds. She’s stopped looking at him and back staring at the ceiling before she’s finally back to him with a wary eyes.

 

“How about visiting my house right after we’re back?”

 

She doesn’t know why she said that to him so suddenly like this.

 

“Sure. It is close with my office.”

 

“Not that one, my house, place where i grew up.”

 

Jungkook’s expression is changing totally, there’s no longer a smile on his face, the only thing left is confusion, he pulls his hand from Yeri’s grip and gets up. She is following his movement and looking at him, confuse.

 

“Why?”

 

“I can’t. I don’t want to.”

 

He is firm with what he wants, and Yeri is finally back to her reality, that was mom and dad.

Her family. She can not just bring a kid who was threatened by her parents at age of 15 back home as a boyfriend, what kind of game she is playing, what kind of fantasy she built. Stupid.

 

“Because of my dad?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“No, it’s ok. I was just being stupid.”

 

Jungkook is taking a glance at Yeri who totally looks uncomfortable, she give a pat on his back and he’s stopping her from doing that.

 

“I’m not a good person.”

 

“I know.”

 

She’s being careful and give him an awkward laugh before she kissed him good night and back to her sleep position. She’s closing her eyes, hoping that Jungkook will forget about what she said. It was a mistake.

 

“Kim Yeri.”

But it’s impossible of course, Jungkook is calling her name, she’s trying hard to ignore it while pretending to fall asleep, but he forced her to wake up while pulling her back and holding her shoulder.

 

“I can do it if you really want to.”

 

“I just want to show you my life when i was younger, i wasn’t asking you to see my dad. I’ll find a time when he has a business trip or something so you don’t need to bump into him.”

 

“Alright.”

 

Yeri is smiling and throwing herself to Jungkook, sitting on his lap while showering him with kisses.

 

“Even if he was there. i’ll just lock him up on his room so he can’t come out.”

 

***

 

“I was threatened Jay and force him to give me your location.”

 

Yeri is watching Jungkook talking to her as she’s playing with his hair on her lap. They can’t sleep.

 

“I think my manager, both of them are afraid of you.”

 

“Jay probably, Bona doesn’t like me.”

 

Yeri’s mind are wandering and Jungkook is probably right, Bona is being indifferent with him since she became a mess after they broke up.

 

“I already told Irene Unnie that we broke up and she told me she’ll published the news in a few months.”

 

“We didn’t though.”

 

“We did.”

 

“When?”

 

Yeri is not answering because she doesn’t know how to answer. She choose to change the topic of their conversation.

 

“At the hospital, when you were also there. I came to you at night because i was worried.”

 

“Not because you want to pissed me off?”

 

Jungkook is delightful when he heard Yeri’s laugh as she caressing his face and shaking her head.

 

“And the surgery? What was it?”

 

“For my appendix.”

 

He takes Yeri’s hand under his hoodie and tell her to touch his wound on his stomach, it’s still hurts sometimes.

 

“I think you should really have a better plan for your meals.”

 

“I’ll be 30 years old in a few months. Being sick is just part of my life.”

 

That’s ridiculous.

 

“I always forget with the fact that you are older than me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know, maybe because i often treat you bad, and you always let me do whatever i want.”

 

“That is wrong, i never let you do whatever you want, you’re doing it without asking me. How can i say no when i don’t even know what you’re going to do.”

 

“You have a point.”

 

“My whole point is a fact, Yeri-ssi.”

 

Jungkook is gets up from his sleep and taking his phone from his jacket, he looks at it, and there’s a dozens missed calls from Jimin and few of his employee, there is one from Yeri’s mom and one from Lee Jihoon, unexpected.

 

“I’m going to sleep.”

 

He’s distracted by Yeri who talks to him with a loud voice while laying down and using her blanket inside the futon.

 

“You don’t need me to do that.”

 

He answers her while reading a text message Jihoon sent him earlier tonight. He was asking for a meet up, a dinner together, this weekend. This is unusual.

 

“It’s cold.”

 

He was going to reply his messages but then Yeri is being a flirt and telling him to stay close with her as she’s trying to sleep.

 

“What was it?”

 

She’s hugging him as soon as he’s back to her, and looks like she noticed his expression when he’s dealing with the Jihoon thing.

 

“Someone asking me for a meet up this weekend.”


Yeri is already close her eyes, and her voice is getting smaller, she was just talking to him to helping her fell asleep faster. She always do this, her habit.

 

“Who?”

 

“An old friend.”

 

“Can i come with you?”

 

“No, i won’t let you.”

 

He’s staring at her when Yeri stopped responding to him and now she’s totally sleeping, her face is on his chest and her hand is holding him. She totally looks exhausted.

 

 



 

“Someone is here to see you.”

 

Yeri is a little bit surprise when one of her co worker tell her that. She’s been busy all night, arranging few trolley of books since this morning. Her feet is already numb from standing too long.

 

“Boss, can i have a break?”

 

“You need to go to school tomorrow morning, right? You can just go home.”

 

Yeri is closing her eyes while rubbing her neck, right, school and few assignments she needs to do. It’s just never ends. She change her clothes before finally out from the bookstore to see her guest. So many people has been visiting her randomly since Sooyoung’s death, and another one won’t hurt, that’s what she’s thinking while waiting for the guest to come out.

 

“Good afternoon.” The guest is an old man, maybe 30 years old, he looks scary somehow.

 

Yeri is bowing her head to him and the next thing that man do is shocking.

 

“Mr. Kim sent you this.”

 

“Mr. Kim?”

 

“The Kim family, Mr. Kim Seokjin’s family sent you this.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Yeri is taking the envelope and taking a quick glance inside it. It’s money, a lots of it. For a 15 years old, it feels like she can own the world with that.

 

“Use it for your study, and your daily expense. We’re sorry about what happened to your sister.”

 

“Then where is he?

 

“He can not be here.”

 

She started to feels a hit on her stomach when she heard that, this is completely hurting her and makes her blood boil.

 

“Why? Does he scared? I’m only 15 years old, what the worse thing i can do to him even though i’m mad that he killed my sister.”

 

“Just accept this money and use it for your own good, Kid.”

 

The old man is gone, but Yeri takes a note of his appearance and his car. She’s walking back to her home while holding the envelope full with money really tight. She’s trying to hold his anger, and ended up shed a few tears as she walks.

 

“10 million.”

 

The only thing she’s doing as soon as she reach her small house is to count the money while crying.

 

“He paid you 10 millions for your life.”


She’s talking to a picture of Sooyoung while holding a scissors and begin to cut all the money, one by one until it turns into a junk. She spent all night to do that, and put back everything inside the envelope. 
She’s totally angry, sad, disappointed, dumbfounded, scared, confused.

She decide to skip school the next day to give back this dirty money. While start looking for the man who visit her yesterday. It's not hard to find him because, he kept watching her at work.

 

"Stop following me."

 

She became fed up and confronting him about it.

 

"I want to make sure that you won't cause any troubles."

 

Troubles for Seokjin's family obviously, she takes the money from yesterday and giving it back to that man.

 

"I don't need this."

 

"But.."

 

"I won't cause any trouble. Not right now."

 

She left him after saying that and the only emotions she can feels right now is anger, resentment, hatred, she swore for her entire life that one day she'll ask for a pay back from these people.

 

Whatever it takes, she'll become more powerful and rich than them so she can control and use them as her own.

 

Whatever it takes.

 

 




 

Yeri is opening her eyes slowly, when she's sure everything was only a dream. She can feels the warm from Jungkook, who's sleeping next to her, and waking up with him around after that kind of dream is definitely not a nice thing.  She hast tears on her eyes, her hands is shaking too.

She feels sorry to him and more than anything, embarrassed, shameful that her family, her own parents did that to him.

Not to mention that the man from her dream was people she knows. He was his dad's assistant, until today he's still working for him. She remember the way he look when he was younger because out of her dad's minion Yeri only like him. He was often assigned as her driver, and since she has no friends when she was a kid, she'll force him to go to a mall with her, went to ice cream shop, or just simply asking him to be with her as she play at the internet cafe. She always think that he is a good guy, but how can the same person is doing that to Jungkook.

She can feels how much he was hurt at that time, he was eager for a revenge since the day her family came to him not to apologized or showing sympathy but to put a price on Sooyoung's life. It was such a low thing to do.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

She says it in a very thin voice as she takes Jungkook closer to her, he seems bothered by her sudden move. So, she use her hands to touch his hair and caressing her face so he's back to sleep and get his comfort back.

She's doing nothing but watching him, thinking about how she can make things better for him in present time because she can not change any of their past.

Her father did what he did to him, and she also did ruining him by framed him and put him in a difficult situation. It's happened already, nothing can be undone from that. The only thing left for her is to find a way to fix it for him and not to make his life any harder than it is, because seeing him in so much troubles is also not good for her well being, she is hurting too.

Judging from that dream, the way Jungkook was so determined for ruining her family is shown from how successful he is as a businessman despite the difficult past and limited resources he has when he was young. Sky is a proof for that, and to see its ruined because of her, it's just showing him that she's no different with her dad. And she doesn't want that.

 

"Whatever it takes.."

 

Jungkook inside her dream is really having a strong will to making her family paying back to whatever they did for his sister, experiencing that thing is terrifying somehow and it does remind her to back when he said that he was using her for a revenge. The possibility is still there.

 

Yeri is looking at him even closer, trying to find anything that makes her doubting him again, she's trying hard but she ended up with nothing.

The one who's in front of her right now is the man she met at work, the one who care for her, and kind enough to stay with her as his life ruiner. A friend she always want to have, a love she always want to care. There's nothing bad about him at all.
 

She give him a kiss and back to watching him for the rest of the night, she want to keep this sight of him on her memories for a long time.

 

 



 

Jungkook is trying to reach his phone when the alarm turn on. He needs to wake up early and back to town for work. He already set the alarm for 5AM in the morning.

 

"Good morning."

 

He almost jumped out when as soon as he opens his eyes, Yeri is already wide awake right in front of him, kissing him and helping him turning off his alarm. She never wakes up early, at 5 AM on top of that.

 

"That's a record." He wakes up and Yeri is following him.

 

"What record?"

 

"You woke up earlier than me."

 

Yeri is not actually sleeping after the dream woke her up at dawn, she spent hours watching Jungkook sleep and telling him random things.

 

"Your alarm did that."

 

"Sorry, i need to go back early."

 

He is genuinely sorry, because Yeri was tired and he forced her to spare some place for him to sleep here, only to get bothered by his alarm at 5 AM in the morning.

 

"I'll find you breakfast, you can washed up and giving me back my hoodie."

 

He watch her walks away from him while using her hands to ruffling his messy hair. She looks different and somehow happier. That's weird.

 

"Wait." So he choose to stop her.

 

"What?"

 

"We can have breakfast on our way back. I'll drop you off."

 

He wants to spend more time with her. Talk to her more.

 

Yeri is back to her seat with a smile for him, she looks so pretty like this.

 

"Don't mind me."

 

"Why?"

 

She place her hands on his tights, and pulling him closer to her while playing with his hair.

 

"Go fix the situation at your company."

 

"That's what i'm doing right now."

 

"No, you're not."

 

"Why?"

 

"Jeon Jungkook that i know won't be here playing with me when his company is in crisis, You always have a goal, your goal."

 

Yeri can see that her words is affecting Jungkook, he's doing nothing but staring at the floor while letting out a sigh. The situation must be really difficult right now.

 

"Here is my proposal, listen."

 

She begin to talk again while lift Jungkook’s face to her eyes. He looks tired even after sleep.

 

"You do your job, fix the situation at Sky, do your business, working, you don't need to pay attentions to me, I'm aware that i'm your distraction and even though you told me you did it because you love me, i want you to stop. Let's live our life without each other for awhile."

 

"Are you breaking up with me?"

 

"We're not in a relationship right now. We broke up when i pointed a gun to your head."

 

Jungkook doesn't seems happy with this conversation, he gives her an empty laugh while looking at his phone.

 

"You still need to answer my call, give me updates, if i was looking for you, because that's the only reason why i am here right now. I was really stressed when i can’t found you anywhere."

 

And Yeri is not surprised when Jungkook is easily agree with her term, he must be knows that she is right and he doesn't want to lose Sky either.

 

"Fine. And since i'm basically the reason why you're having a hard time, i'll help you to find a way out from this."

 

Jungkook suddenly gets up from his seat, taking off his hoodie and wearing his shirt back, he doesn't look too happy with the thing Yeri just said to him.

 

"If finding a way out on your description is you seeking help to your father, then no. I won't accept it."

 

"You won't know about it, if i don't tell."

 

Yeri doesn't like talking to her father but if it's for Jungkook, she can probably do it. She has plan to ask his help.

 

"But I know it, right now."

 

He is arrogant and cocky since forever, so this is not a surprised for her, She was going to calling him out for that, but then she remembers her dream, Jungkook despise her family so much, her dad especially, so he has right to act like this.

 

"Fine. I won't." So she give up.

 

Jungkook is out from the room, and back a few minutes later with a wet hair, looks like he's taking a quick shower.

 

Yeri give him a choco bread she bought yesterday and told him to eat it. He doesn't use his hand to eat the bread, she’s helping him. Since he's busy typing something on his phone, looks like document, from a quick glance she did earlier.

 

"So, you're not coming back with me."

 

He sometimes lift her face to her in between his work, asking her something.

 

"No, i'm not."

 

He stopped talking to her, and the only thing he's doing is using his phone. Since yesterday, Yeri already had a plan to tell Jungkook to cut her from his life for his own sake. She had plan to tell him about Lea and push him to try gaining supports from her because she's not confidence with the things she has for him. Maybe Lea’s help will work better. She is his secretary after all, she knows him longer than her, and she’s also in love with him.

But after tonight, Yeri realized that she doesn't want to lose him to anyone in anyway. Not to Lea or any other people out there. She can't afford it.

 

"Even if i'm letting go of you like this,  when everything is back to normal and your company is out of crisis, when you and me already manage to deal with our past, when you're not hating me anymore, i want you to come back, be with me again."

 

Jungkook looks interested with the thing she just said and now he puts his phone back to his jacket while looking at her, smiling and slowly holding her hands.

 

"Ok."

 

He answer it fast and Yeri can't help but admiring how charming he is when he's not acting like a trashy bastard, so different with him from few months ago. He is everything she always wanted.

 

"If you refused to do so, i'll do anything to take you back."

 

"Good luck with that."

 

He gets up and give her a kiss on top of her head before he's walking to the door while holding his coat, Yeri is following him close behind, the sun is not even out yet but they already walking outside.

 

"I don't know if it's appropriate for me to say it, but i understand why you want my dad and my family suffers."

 

Yeri is talking to Jungkook, but he's not respond to anything, maybe he missed it and didn’t hear it. Because he’s just walking in front of her, hands on his pocket. The strong and cold wind makes his hair no longer in tact.

 

He stopped in front of his car while waiting for Yeri to catching up with him, she's purposefully walk slowly to stay with him longer. He opens his car and take a jacket from the back seat and put it on Yeri when she finally stand in front of him.

 

"Take care of yourself while i'm working."

 

It's what he said and Yeri is nodding her head quick. It'll be long until she's able to do this with him again. They have so much things to taken care of, responsibility and their own feelings to deal with.

 

Jungkook doesn't feeling good either to do this whole break thing, even though little part of him aware how bad Yeri affecting his life and his behaviour, when part of him is scared if she'll become the next Kim Seokjin and he'll become the next Jeon Sooyoung, parting ways with her is never a good thing.

He reach for her and give her a kiss, he takes his time for it because it'll probably long until he can do this for her.

Yeri is good at receiving it, she's warm and somehow able to makes him feels better despite how chaotic his life after what she did. He pulls himself away from her but she refused to let him go.

 

"A bit more.."

 

That's what she said, and he can't do anything when Yeri is kissing him again like this is not a public place, she’s holding him close, not only his lips she even kiss his neck and chin. She’s good at doing it, he doesn’t want to stop her, but she seems still have a great control over herself and let him go in seconds.

 

"We can go back and you can do whatever you want."

 

He said that while chuckling and Yeri's face turn red quick but also laughing with him.

 

"Later." She give him one more peck on his cheeks and opening the car's door for him.

 

Not gonna lie, Yeri feels like everything she's doing to Jungkook right now is only makes things harder for him. She still has her memories from yesterday's dream and she feels even more guilty.

 

"Good luck at work."

 

He's waving her hands to Jungkook as he finally start his car and driving away from where she stand, she watch him till his car is taking a turn at the corner of the road and it's no longer visible.